The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk. IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SNT1

The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk. IV

wewt, Part 4 of the 00 mecha thread. (I beat Shadowcell!)

You know the rules; no stupid stuff please.
Calubin_175 wrote:Sergei's Tieran has two shoulder shields mounted. Does that mean he forgoes the two shoulder thrusters on the standard type? Perhaps, it will be identified as a commander use variant.

The Gundam 00 official site has updated with more mecha profiles.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Laevatein

Dalong finally has stuff up for the 1/400 Ptolemaios:

Ptolemy 1

Ptolemy 2

Wonder if there's any new info to be gleaned from these, especially the notes on the propulsion system...
razgriz

hmmm it would be nice to display that next to my 1/400 minerva, the other whaleship of gundam

anyone besides me think that the shoulder cannons of virtue turned hand cannons for nadleeh seem just a lil too clunky for that very slimmed down ms? i get a astray red frame (or the astray RF's gf) vibe from it for some reason so it seems like it would be more at home wielding a sword.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
cantfakethefunk

Interesting observation: Taozi outmaneuvered Virtue like whoa this episode, despite being roughly twice as massive. (I don't have the actual specs on me, but Taozi is like 115 tons while Virtue is only 65 or so, IIRC) I can't help but wonder what sort of jets that thing HAS.
Official Sergei and Soma fanboy.
~Can't Fake the Funk~
Homeless

Well, its not exactly as if Virtue was moving much at all during the fight.

Getting behind a pilot with "Stand still and shoot until they're dead" tactics isn't the most difficult task.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
razgriz

unless your name happens to be trowa or kira :lol:

i might have missed it but where does the nadleeh keep its beam sabers? i think i heard someone mention in its knee armor
(setsuna giggling)
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Melchior

Ah, so the Nadleeh doesn't ditch the beam sabers when it purges its armor. In the original model photos it looked like they might be stored in the knee armor, rather than the actual knee.
razgriz

positioning the gn sabers that way makes for a cool deployment pose :lol: legs curled up grabbing sabers then going spread eagle holding the sabers in a reverse (stabbing) position rather than a forward (parry) position :D
(setsuna giggling)
Homeless

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1381/grahamrn3.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6072/graham2op7.jpg

Go nuts, translators

Although, with a quick glance, I believe the sonic blade/defense rod/20mm machinegun/missiles segments are word for word the same as the basic Flag booklet's. The bio for the unit seems to c/p a lot from the bio on the official site, as well.
razgriz

as awesome as the flag looks on ms form i cant help but be turned off by its aircraft form. and its not just the flying fists of fury either the whole thing just looks too unaerodynamic, like an F-117 nighthawk after too much roids doing crack at the same time :lol:
(setsuna giggling)
Laevatein

Homeless wrote:http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1381/grahamrn3.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6072/graham2op7.jpg

Go nuts, translators

Although, with a quick glance, I believe the sonic blade/defense rod/20mm machinegun/missiles segments are word for word the same as the basic Flag booklet's. The bio for the unit seems to c/p a lot from the bio on the official site, as well.
To be expected, since most of its weapons are hardly any different from the normal flag. The only thing of note I'd say would be the Iris Company's Linear Gun, though I can't read it :lol: From the manual illustrations though, it seems the Custom Flag has a high-speed mode, as shown by its swept wings and its arms folding back.

Maybe these bits on the 1/100 Dynames would have more additional info:

1/100 Dynames
Homeless

Well, yeah; its not surprising, I just thought I'd mention it.

I think the weapon profiles for the 1/100 Dynames are lifted from the 1/144th's, as was the case with the 1/100 Exia.
lobster

I just wonder why Virtue couldn't get rid of its constraints but the "cast off" managed to shred the... ropes into pieces.
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Nightwing03

razgriz wrote:as awesome as the flag looks on ms form i cant help but be turned off by its aircraft form. and its not just the flying fists of fury either the whole thing just looks too unaerodynamic, like an F-117 nighthawk after too much roids doing crack at the same time :lol:
Yes i must agree, it does look un-aerodynamic, very bulky aswell, but unlike the F-117 it doesn't have a computer controlling the flying. THE FLAG NEEDS A HARO!
♣♦♠♥
Laevatein

Nightwing03 wrote:Yes i must agree, it does look un-aerodynamic, very bulky aswell, but unlike the F-117 it doesn't have a computer controlling the flying. THE FLAG NEEDS A HARO!
Quite the unsupported statement, considering that it is always assumed all MS are controlled by fly-by-wire unless stated otherwise (you wouldn't seriously control a mobile suit through wires stretching all the way to the arms and legs would you?), especially for machines 300 years more advanced than anything we have. We can safely assume that the Flag has a flight computer stabilizing its unstable configuration in flight.
razgriz

ah thats just nightwing, for him everything could use a haro. :lol: if acguy=love then haro=harmony :D

so during this time (00) in AD, r they saying that fossil fuels are completely spent, ie nothing left in the ground or just extremely rare at this point that the price for gas is like i dunno $110.00 a gallon?
(setsuna giggling)
Black Knight

I believe Marina (or her evil version of Smithers) stated that fossil fuel production had been restricted, though I think the early opening narration by Amuro claimed fossil fuels were exhausted. Given that even poor insurgents in what used to be third-world places like Ceylon are using fossil-fuel powered mobile suits (the Amf), I don't think the cost of fossil fuels can be prohibitively high. If the Big Three superpowers have switched to solar power (perhaps supplemented by fission?) for everything under, er, the sun, then what limited fossil fuels are being produced would have a vastly reduced market, possibly keeping the price relatively low.
lobster

About the aerodynamic-ness of the Flag... look at this

http://www4.uwants.com/viewthread.php?t ... a=page%3D1

Scroll down a bit to see the transformed Flag. This guy flipped the Flag's arms backwards and suddenly it looks a lot better!
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Homeless

Stunned that I missed this; hadn't thought anything of it until seeing that picture.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2268 ... odeyc7.jpg

Step 5 appears to denote the backward arms, angled wings set up as "High Speed Flight Mode".