Blitz's lances...

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ORegan

maybe inside the cockpit there is a button that says explode for each lance? highly unlikely i know, but it's still on the table.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Maelstromm

Hmm...in that case, would dramatic effect be allowed as an excuse? If not, then maybe the Strike's blade ignited the fuel (for the booster rockets)in the lancer darts or in any other situation, maybe the explosions were caused by the receiving target?
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Duraham

how bout this: there's 2 types, explosive and non-explosive. you can choose which one you want before you launch into combat, much like the striker packs.

makes sense, since if you're assaulting a base filled with personnel you'd want something HE, but when going against a MS you might find an armour penetrator more useful.
Maelstromm

Well, according to its real life counterpart the kinetic energy penetrator, explosives generally aren't used, those using explosives are called chemical energy penetrators, and they're basically anti-armor shells...not lances like the lancer darts...
Any takers?
Black Knight

Perhaps the "explosion" seen when the lancer darts either 1) get sliced by Strike or 2) hit explosive areas of Archangel are the result of the fuel of the lancer darts cooking off, rather than the lancer darts carrying an explosive warhead of their own. This would explain why Nicol would attack with one and not worry about getting caught in an explosion, and also why the one impaling Red Frame failed to explode.
X666S Legend

I guess Blitz Lances gives also some electric shocks once it is shot to the enemies.
Rey Za Burrel's Pokemon Team

Turtwig
Aipom
Corphish
Raichu
quasadra

eletric shocks? i dont remember any, do you have a screen shot to wake me up?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Maelstromm

Indeed, IIRC, the lances never gave off any sort of electrical charge whatsoever...although it would be best if there was any photographic proof for either case...
Any takers?
Dark Duel

No, they never did.
The best explanations for the two instances I can recall of an explosion remain:
A. The Valiant linear cannon exploded when stabbed by the lances.
B. The Strike sliced through the lances' propellant tanks, which ignited and caused the explosion

I'm not certain if there were other instances, but those're the two I can recall.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
GAT-X109 Truth

Its really hard to say whether or not they are explosive. I remember the Blitz firing its lancer darts at a mobeus and they just pierced it. Also, (although this probably does not count as evidence) in Gundam Seed Battle Assault the lancer darts explode on the target.

I don't think they are explosive though. The Blitz is a stealth mobile suit, so it would have non-explosive lancer darts so that it would remain silent even after taking out an enemy with the lancer dart.
"The quickest way to slay the beast is to aim staight for the head."
-Rau Le Creuset-
young_oldtype

The lancer darts are hyperfast kinetic energy penetrators. It's got no explosives at all; only the kinetic energy provided by the launchers of the Trikeros offensive/defensive system and the sharp point in addition. As for the explosions, I would take the fuel account as the plausible one. I think I saw some trailings in that part of the intro where X-207 is launching its lancer darts.

And I am certainly sure there isn't any electric shock whatsoever in those pretty things.

Mod Edit (EZ8): Double post combined. Use the edit button next time.
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis