Colony Defense Systems

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Recon 5

Before I say anything, lets all remember that G Savior has become discontinuity as far as practically everyone is concerned, so we can't glean any official tech info from there (although it is animated- not by Sunrise, though. I think they disowned it too).

Anyway, Kinetic Defense Turrets would need to have firing arcs that stopped some distance from the surface of the colony (and obviously each other) otherwise they'd be more dangerous than any micrometeoroids. That requirement could in turn be exploited by experienced enemy pilots (each turret having huge blind spots). Also, you need much more advanced fire control for defense work because while micrometeoroids can't dodge, MS can.
thenuke9000

Re: reply

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:And even from quite a few of the holes we've seen, they were immediately taken care of by suits with the adhesives to cover them...not sure what the hell the Federation or Crossbone Vanguard did with the Frontier Colonies when the Federation kept blowing holes in them everywhere...
Last time I watched F91 it appeared as if they used these giant looking tents similar to the Houston Texans' practice bubble, or something to that effect so that they could repair the hole without losing any more atmospheric pressure
BOOMER SOONER
Oh my God its a GUNDAM!!!!!!!!!!!
TUCK FEXAS