Knightmare Frames

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AU_Gundam MK II

Knightmare Frames

I want to ask a question generally about knightmare frames. What kind of weaponry are they using? I heard Lelouch command a guy to use an armor piercing shell once. Does that mean that their weaponry is tank grade? Also, is the Varis Rifle an energy weapon or a fancy railgun?
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
AmuroNT1

Knightmares typically use scaled-up human weapons with no real differences other than size. The VARIS seems to be some form of directed energy weapon, most likely a charged particle cannon; I believe particle acceleration was listed as one of the technologies from the "lost" sixth generation of Knightmare development, which we also see implemented in the Gawain (the biggest difference being that the latter uses a specified type of particle, specifically the hadron particle).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
StrikeEnd

Re: Knightmare Frames

AU_Gundam MK II wrote:I want to ask a question generally about knightmare frames. What kind of weaponry are they using? I heard Lelouch command a guy to use an armor piercing shell once. Does that mean that their weaponry is tank grade? Also, is the Varis Rifle an energy weapon or a fancy railgun?
Aside from those cannons the Knightmares like the Sutherland, Glasglow, and Gloucestor use and the missile pods used by the Graston Knights and the other missiles used by the Burais, I'd say the common KnightMare's assault rifle's just a big human gun, which something of a quickly-firing grenade launcher on top.
"Death solves everything; No man, no problem." - Joseph Stalin
"I am The Stig" - Mark Webber's T-shirt
Gespenst Alteisen

At the beginning of the show, knightmares do generally wield weapons that are similar to human weapons, with the exception of it size. However, after the Lancelot was introduced, weaponary took a big jump with weapons such as the Gawain's Hadron Cannons and the Guren MkII's radiation emitter.

...And there are those fancy slash harukens which they find fancy ways to use them :)
AU_Gundam MK II

Then how about another question. How realistic are they?
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

AmuroNT1

Dunno if it's really fair to play the "This mecha is more realistic than That mecha" game, but Knightmares don't rely upon a lot of overtechnology or anything like that. They use a super metal for the core, but it seems that the earlier models did just fine without it.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Dean_the_Young

AmuroNT1 wrote:Dunno if it's really fair to play the "This mecha is more realistic than That mecha" game, but Knightmares don't rely upon a lot of overtechnology or anything like that. They use a super metal for the core, but it seems that the earlier models did just fine without it.
Ah, a modest mix of unobtanium and handwavium? Perfectly realistic!
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Chaos42

seems to me that the only realy advanced weapons that are not conventional or simply jet propelled are the 7th generation nightmare frame weapons basicly the 3 unquie one that karren Zero and Suzaku pilot all the others seem to have only conventional weapons
AU_Gundam MK II

Ok, now in regards to the manga Nightmare of Nunally, what is the Mark Nemo exactly like? Looks like an Evangelion/Overman mutant.

quasadra

this is going nowhere, as been bought up hundred of times before mecha is unrealistic to begin with until some dude introduce the worlds first mecha weapon platform. but they do have some thing that every combat mecha should have but most didnt, ejection system. it would have save a lot of doomed girlfriend.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC