Deathscythe Hell's Speed...

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Den

i really dont think that the DSH, heavyarms sandrock and the natuku can fly, maybe they can hover OR maybe they can slow down the speed they fall via thrusters which would seem that they could hover. as to the example of the natuku vs wzc, they were really high above the ground and added to that, they came from space and entered the atmosphere so that would mean they were really high up there while they were duking it out with each other. So maybe before they came too close to the surface, heero just let himself free fall into the ocean, while wufei used the thrusters to maintain "hangtime" to look at heero. maybe the gundams can hover a few meters up in the air, but flight capability is not really shown to be there in the other gundams.
auriga

Whether or not the D-Hell could fly was already discussed before (and was ironically started by abrahamsen0). Last verdict was that it can't fly, but the geometry of the cloak provided some lift for improved aerodynamics, namely for hovering.

So let's not touch this issue again. It's honestly getting tiring.

As for the main issue of this thread, the Deathscythe's speed should be a given as it is a melee unit. It's supposed to be fast... That, or it'll be a sitting duck with a short range weapon. Not good. :lol:
(One note. Us 3 are all Filipinos!)
Make that four...
SNT1

Make that four...

Anyways, it's important to note that it's a hit-and-run melee unit, hence the high speed rating. Sandrock is just about the slowest Gundam yet it's a formidable melee unit (Instead of speed it has the defense).

But then again, Deathscythe's 'light' armor has been corrected in the 2nd version, with both high speed and good defense. Best of both worlds for a melee unit.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
crazedjustice888

I apologize for this, but no one seems to recall DHC entrance? Remember when he was in the air, all cloaked up, then flung it off? How would he get up there? And that high?
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

That would be a boost jump.

Why fly in from somewhere really far away when all you want is a height advantage? Just be somewhere relatively close and use your thrusters to help you jump over your targets.

If you had ever seen the original Gundam, Amuro had his Gundam boost jump so high that he was able to take on fighter planes in close range. That's a really high boost jump.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Gelmax

Endless Waltz isn't really a reliable source for Gundam capabilities, due to the changes it made to those capabilities.

From what I recall, most of the Gundams were capable of hovering in midair based on just thruster power alone and could maneuver to some extent while doing so, except maybe Heavyarms and Sandrock, the heaviest. I can't recall a single instance of a Gundam using boost jumps to travel, and I doubt they would have done so, given that they couldn't exactly afford to waste fuel. I don't know what effect the mid-series upgrade had on the Gundams' aerial capabilities, though it can probably be assumed to have slightly improved them. Actual long-distance atmospheric flight at speeds high enough to make a difference for travel purposes was only demonstrated by the Aries, the Tallgeese, and all transformables.
ZeonfromHell

AU_Gundam MK II wrote:True. Insanely light + the need to get in close fast= Fastest of the Gundams.
Furthermore, to offset the bulk and weight of the cloak, it's loaded with maneuvering thrusters. Although they're small and not very capable in a gravity-influenced envoronment, but keep in mind that Deathscythe Hell never returned to earth until Endless Waltz. In space, all those thrusters augment its maneuverability, allowing it to dodge and kill all those Taurus and Virgos with perfect form.

And to expand on the lack of detail (and credibility) on the "official stats" seen on the Gundam Official site: all speculation and reference to definition aside, we don't truly know if agility is in "fighting ability" or "speed ability" or both, since quick maneuver is not just important for fighting.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Koshernova

Just quickly, I want to remind you guys not to take the animation as evidence of stats/physics for any universe. Animators don't really consider those kind of stats too closely when choreographing battle scenes.

Or, as someone once said about UC physics, "it's a miracle that it all fits together somehow". And that's the most detailed, expositioned Gundam universe, so it's really hard to get precise info for the AUs.
Kiggz

does it really matter ? this is A.C anything can happen lmao heero is a crackhead lmao
Bord

Kiggz wrote:does it really matter ? this is A.C anything can happen lmao heero is a crackhead lmao
If you have nothing sensible to contribute to this discussion then I guess you shouldn't have posted at all. We're trying to make some sense out of the vagueness of the AU eras and your weird, pointless posts don't help at all. :roll:

Peace out.