Macross - size and proportion oddities

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
VF5SS

Just a little correction, the Macross game for PS2 is simply called Super Dimension Fortress Macross and contains both TV and DYRL missions. The only DYRL game is the 2d shooter for Saturn and Playstation.
Ali-Sama

Kosh wrote:Ah, I played VF-X2 (haven't played DYRL for the PS2 yet) and I loved it, though I couldn't really understand the storyline. I was also impressed with the machines on offer.
I own vfx 1, macross plus for psx
the sega made macross game for the ps2. the story is not hard to follow(I understand a little Japaneses and can catch some of it.) I would recommend a walk through if you have issue with the missions. The tutorial is very friendly and easy to follow. even with the language barrier.
Certainly the Konig Monster is an amazing idea. I just wish there had been attempts at variable Zentradi mechs (and iirc, the Variable Glaug isn't in that game anyhow, but it IS in Macross Plus).

I own the yamato toy for that. You can see it here. http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ ... mcomp2.jpg
The gundams and the valkyries in front of it are in scale with it
I belive they did make variable zentradi mecha.
http://macross.anime.net/mecha/zentradi ... index.html
yes they did.

best,
Ali
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230
bluemax151

VF5SS wrote:Just a little correction, the Macross game for PS2 is simply called Super Dimension Fortress Macross and contains both TV and DYRL missions. The only DYRL game is the 2d shooter for Saturn and Playstation.
Good point but it all looks like DYRL.

Chō Jikū Yōsai Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
VF5SS

It is true that the PS2 game only uses DYRL style pilot suits and uniforms. This is probably just a cost saving measure. The Macross itself in the game seems to be a hybrid TV/DYRL style design and has the appropriate arms for each story. It's also really out of scale. The one in ACE 2 and ACE 3 is a bit better, but still not quite the right size. I'm guessing the PS2 would have trouble with something so large.
Ali-Sama

VF5SS wrote:It is true that the PS2 game only uses DYRL style pilot suits and uniforms. This is probably just a cost saving measure. The Macross itself in the game seems to be a hybrid TV/DYRL style design and has the appropriate arms for each story. It's also really out of scale. The one in ACE 2 and ACE 3 is a bit better, but still not quite the right size. I'm guessing the PS2 would have trouble with something so large.
it was probably a compromise of frames per second and enjoyability. If it was to scale, you would not be able to see the whole thing without going realy far from the ship.
ALi
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230