Gouf's L hand

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Duraham

Gouf's L hand

there's not much reason for the machinegun attached to Gouf's L arm to be shaped like a hand, is it? so far, I could only think of a theory, that the Zeon were probably trying for some sort of weapon fixed to the MS itself, as seen with the amphibious MS and the Gelgoog Jager, so this could be a small step towards having machineguns imbedded into hands which can work as per normal. to what extent is my theory true? :?
Kuruni

Zeonic MS developers maybe big fan of 004 from Cyborg 009 manga :wink: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Koshernova

I think it was just an animation gimmick, and if you pay attention it is never done again except for beam guns, which don't always require a long cannon (Zeong, Psyco Gundam, etc).

The problem I have with those, though, is that they are generally shown in outside sources as being fixed, extended fingers, yet the Gouf grabs stuff and clenches fists with it in the animation...
mcred23

Duraham wrote:there's not much reason for the machinegun attached to Gouf's L arm to be shaped like a hand, is it?
Yes there is. By having a left hand, the Gouf can use that arm to hold (Or help hold) weapons. Even though the fingers are machine guns, they can still move (Although I'm not sure if they have a full range of motion), and having the extra hand would allow the Gouf to stabalize any ranged weapons it may carry, like a bazooka or 120mm machine gun, which is almost a neccesaty for using those weapons (Two hands are better than one, and that still applies in this case). It's simply better to have the second hand than only one.
Duraham wrote:so far, I could only think of a theory, that the Zeon were probably trying for some sort of weapon fixed to the MS itself, as seen with the amphibious MS and the Gelgoog Jager, so this could be a small step towards having machineguns imbedded into hands which can work as per normal. to what extent is my theory true?
I've never heard it suggested that the Gouf's gun hand was used as a step toward other MS' fixed weapons, and the idea sounds a little odd to me.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Recon 5

Duraham wrote:so far, I could only think of a theory, that the Zeon were probably trying for some sort of weapon fixed to the MS itself, as seen with the amphibious MS and the Gelgoog Jager, so this could be a small step towards having machineguns imbedded into hands which can work as per normal. to what extent is my theory true?
A hand mounting a machine gun in each finger while maintaining full motion capability is clearly more advanced than a hand mounting five static, specialized machineguns. Considering that, the embedded machineguns would actually be a step towards machinegun fingers rather than the other way round.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Kosh wrote:I think it was just an animation gimmick, and if you pay attention it is never done again except for beam guns, which don't always require a long cannon (Zeong, Psyco Gundam, etc).

The problem I have with those, though, is that they are generally shown in outside sources as being fixed, extended fingers, yet the Gouf grabs stuff and clenches fists with it in the animation...
Actually Neo-Zeon's Gallus-J has the same concept in it's left hand as well, though the fingers look even more limited in their motion.