Difference between Nu Gundam & Hi-Nu Gundam

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Sarge133

Difference between Nu Gundam & Hi-Nu Gundam

Hey everyone, I know this probably sounds like a stupid question but with the lack of info on the Hi-Nu I can't seem to find the answer.

What are the differences between the Nu and Hi-Nu gundams? Besides the obvious asthetic differences. What makes the Hi-Nu better than the Nu gundam?

Thanks
Last edited by Sarge133 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeonic Glory

One of the differences is that the Hi-Nu has a machine gun in its left arm (near the elbow IIRC). Another difference is that the Hi-Nu has 4 missles in its shield.

Also, you might want to change the title of the thread. Makes it sound like a VS thread.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Ali-Sama

From www.mahq.net :

Hi-Nu:
Unit type: mobile suit
Head height: 20.0 meters
Base weight: 27.9 tons
Full weight: unknown
Power generator output: unknown
Rocket thrusters: unknown
Vernier thrusters/apogee motors: unknown
Sensor radius: unknown
Armor: gundarium alloy
Armament: beam rifle x 1, beam saber x 2, í hyper bazooka x 1, beam cannon x 1, missile x 4, vulcan gun x 2, fin funnel x 6, hyper mega bazooka launcher x 1
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230
Aegis

I'd rather someone with better insight and information on hand to explain this one. :P The MAHQ profiles on the Hi-Nu and Nightengale are incomplete.

The two notable differences are the addition of the hyper mega bazooka launcher and the fact that the fin funnels can now be recharged via those binder-like recharge racks. The hyper mega bazooka launcher, when connected to the Ra Cailum, had the power to blow up Axis in half.

If the model kits are also any indication, one of the beam sabers can ignite into a double ended saber. Not that the original backpack beam saber of Nu Gundam didn't have a second edge before, but the Hi-Nu's version shows it can create a full fledged blade on the butt end as opposed to the short, dagger-like blade of the original.

And is that really a machine gun on its right forearm, or is it another dummy launcher?

Otherwise, the other armaments like the beam rifle, the hyper bazooka, and the shield with four missiles and beam gun are the same.
HalfDemonInuyasha

It also must have greater speed, mobility, and thrust power given the 2 large propellent tanks it has hooked to it. I also believe that the Fin Funnels, aside from charging, are also able to be refueled as well via the binders. (which the propellent tanks could also be used for partially).

Otherwise, besides the stuff that was mentioned, the rest of it is generally the same as the Nu Gundam.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet