The Offical Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ExhileVoid

Let's not forget the Gundams are all equipped with a GN Drive as their main method of propulsion. Unlike the other traditional mobile suits, they don't need to be equipped with rocket thrusters and extra propellant tanks for them to be able to move in the air and in space. This allows them to save a lot weight well being fully loaded.
Genocide

I just finished watching the recent episode and something made me curious. How is it that Soma's Taozi took so many direct hits from Kyrios' beam machinegun? Is it supposed to be anti-beam coated like Graham's Flag? I'm also surprised at its speed, especially being over 100 tons.

In fact, I'm surprised all the Tieren Space Types can move as swiftly as they did, given their grounded relatives seem more focused on armor and firepower than maneuverability. I'm not complaining though. It's been a long time since grunts in Gundam have been able to dodge things.
Black Knight

Genocide wrote:I just finished watching the recent episode and something made me curious. How is it that Soma's Taozi took so many direct hits from Kyrios' beam machinegun? Is it supposed to be anti-beam coated like Graham's Flag? I'm also surprised at its speed, especially being over 100 tons.
The GN machinegun is dial-a-power, just like the linear rifles. Hallelujah enjoys toying with his prey, as the Space Tieren pilot later learned.
Genocide wrote:In fact, I'm surprised all the Tieren Space Types can move as swiftly as they did, given their grounded relatives seem more focused on armor and firepower than maneuverability. I'm not complaining though. It's been a long time since grunts in Gundam have been able to dodge things.
"Speed" as it's known inside an atmosphere is a fairly useless concept in space. Every unit seen in Episode 10 was going fast enough to maintain orbit around the planet, no mean feat. How quickly they approached or ran away from enemies then mostly means they had enough lead time to accelerate, which helps when one's foe remains in inertial flight and telegraphs their movements splendidly.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

wow when I was looking at the blured image the wire hair didn't even regester to me. I thought they had just drawn the neck spitting apart. still I noticed something interesting from those modle images of the virtue. the beam saber sits in the armor knee not nadle's knee. so besides purging all of virtue's armor the transformation also complely unarms it unless it has mounted vulcans somewhere.

agian I'm going to be watching to see if they bother to show virtue's armor being recovered by anyone. that's alot of CB tech that can be salvaged.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
VentZX

crashlegacy14 wrote: agian I'm going to be watching to see if they bother to show virtue's armor being recovered by anyone. that's alot of CB tech that can be salvaged.
Don't waste your time, unless you really want to watch the episode again. In the extended preview, we see the Virtue fully assembled, flying along side Kyrios.

What's interesting to me is that even though CB is full of secrets regarding its members, everyone knew about the Nadleeh.
Genocide

Black Knight wrote:"Speed" as it's known inside an atmosphere is a fairly useless concept in space. Every unit seen in Episode 10 was going fast enough to maintain orbit around the planet, no mean feat. How quickly they approached or ran away from enemies then mostly means they had enough lead time to accelerate, which helps when one's foe remains in inertial flight and telegraphs their movements splendidly.
I wasn't talking about speed. What impressed me was the Tierens' maneuverability and ability to swiftly dodge incoming shots despite their mass, which implies that they probably have a pretty good thrust-to-mass ratio. In fact, Soma literally flew circles around Virtue despite her machine having almost twice the mass.
ExhileVoid

We also see that Virtue's GN Barrier has a weakness. It's vulnerable to near point blank range attacks. However, even without the GN Barrier protecting the Gundam, the Virtue remained almost unscathed from the smoothbore gun.
azrael

Genocide wrote:
Black Knight wrote:"Speed" as it's known inside an atmosphere is a fairly useless concept in space. Every unit seen in Episode 10 was going fast enough to maintain orbit around the planet, no mean feat. How quickly they approached or ran away from enemies then mostly means they had enough lead time to accelerate, which helps when one's foe remains in inertial flight and telegraphs their movements splendidly.
I wasn't talking about speed. What impressed me was the Tierens' maneuverability and ability to swiftly dodge incoming shots despite their mass, which implies that they probably have a pretty good thrust-to-mass ratio. In fact, Soma literally flew circles around Virtue despite her machine having almost twice the mass.
The weight on Virtue probably screws with the AMBAC system. The GN cannons and the field generators/leg armor on the legs probably throws off the weight. From what I've heard, Nadleeh could match Taozi on maneuverability if it wanted.
cantfakethefunk

I thought it was interesting that Soma was able to detach the Taozi's leg when it was damaged. Modular programming, anyone?
Official Sergei and Soma fanboy.
~Can't Fake the Funk~
Kuro No Sakura

crashlegacy14 wrote:wow when I was looking at the blured image the wire hair didn't even regester to me. I thought they had just drawn the neck spitting apart. still I noticed something interesting from those modle images of the virtue. the beam saber sits in the armor knee not nadle's knee. so besides purging all of virtue's armor the transformation also complely unarms it unless it has mounted vulcans somewhere.

agian I'm going to be watching to see if they bother to show virtue's armor being recovered by anyone. that's alot of CB tech that can be salvaged.
The beam saber is actually sitting on nadlee's knee
not on the virtue armor as we think before
It shown on the HCM-pro virtue
azrael

cantfakethefunk wrote:I thought it was interesting that Soma was able to detach the Taozi's leg when it was damaged. Modular programming, anyone?
Modular design. Saves time building a suit just for space. Just bring up a main body and attach proper limbs to it.
VentZX

It would also make repairing much easier, which the Taozi obviously needs after this last battle. I'd also like to point out how amazingly fast and maneuverable the Taozi is. It sure as heck gave Tieria a surprise.
Aegis

Given how the legs of the space types are literally clamped onto tanks, no surprise that Tierens have modular legs, and other body parts to go with it.

And my reaction to the Nadleeh? Other than the cables/hair, alot more plain than I would've imagined.
Ascension

:shock: The Vir... I mean Nadleeh... has hair!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :(

I am terribly disappointed. I despise hair on any and all mechs except Genesic GaoGaiGar, and I only make an exception there because it would Goldion Hammer me into nonexistence if I insulted it. They had better come up with a darn good explanation of precisely why the Nadleeh has hair, and they'd better do it fast... This stinks.

EDIT: Just read back and saw the "cables that connect to the armor" explanation... I still ain't buying it. It's just a sloppy excuse to explain away the fact somebody wanted to give the thing hair. Can you imagine how long it would take to plug all those cables in? Some sort of nonflexible connector would be much smarter. And why does everything have to hook up to the head anyway? In most Gundam series the head does little more than mount cameras, communications equipment, and light guns, all of which must be connected to the cockpit, but none of which would necessarily have to be connected to the outer armor.
Last edited by Ascension on Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
razgriz

yeah it definitely looked more like hair than cables to me, maybe if it had like predator style dreadlocks it would seem less um lacus-y to me but excuse the bitching overall it was great episode it was awesome to see kyrios at its baddest :twisted: along with its pilot. and for as ugly and as garish the tieren taozi is it managed to earn some respect in doing some char-esque moves in its fight against the gundams. pwn'd moment of the episode for me had to be the poor space tieren pilot who got run through by kyrios buster shield (for lack of an official name)
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Recon 5

Ascension wrote: EDIT: Just read back and saw the "cables that connect to the armor" explanation... I still ain't buying it. It's just a sloppy excuse to explain away the fact somebody wanted to give the thing hair. Can you imagine how long it would take to plug all those cables in? Some sort of nonflexible connector would be much smarter. And why does everything have to hook up to the head anyway? In most Gundam series the head does little more than mount cameras, communications equipment, and light guns, all of which must be connected to the cockpit, but none of which would necessarily have to be connected to the outer armor.
Well, they could have given it a lot more cables (so that the armor connects all over the body), but then the Nadleeh would be furry... :?
Ryujin

cantfakethefunk wrote:I thought it was interesting that Soma was able to detach the Taozi's leg when it was damaged. Modular programming, anyone?
The leg detaching was a nice touch; the people writing the technical aspects of the show seem to be really putting an effort into it.

Asides from the obvious modularity of the Tieren design (as demonstrated by the number of existing variants), it ties in neatly with ep.9's Dynames having problems because of the change in mass. Rather than have the Taozi's computers deal with the loss of an unknown amount of mass in its calculations, just get rid of the whole damaged part to bring the mass back to a known quantity.
cantfakethefunk

Question...

When Hal was skewering poor Adjutant Ming and you saw the blade pierce the cockpit, it looked like it was melting the stuff around it. Now, most swords (even giant ones) don't melt the stuff they pierce. So is it some sort of energy weapon as well?

Edit: Hey, I didn't even notice that the Taozi is twice as massive as even Fatty McGundam. Makes it even more impressive that it has the sort of maneuverability that we saw Soma pulling out of it in 10.
Official Sergei and Soma fanboy.
~Can't Fake the Funk~
Black Knight

We've seen Exia's GN Sword cause a similar melting effect as far back as Episode 02. The spike inside Kyrios' shield has its point coated in GN particles similar to Exia's various GN swords/blades. Except Kyrios' claw-spike has much greater definition of where the GN particles are coating than Exia's technology.