Heat End

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Recon 5

Heat End

I know that G Gundam tech isn't exactly the most logical in the world, but this one has been bothering me for a bit.

We all know that the Gundams' attacks are voice- activated, demonstrated in particular by the Shining/ God Finger attacks and their variants.

However, Domon sometimes follows up with 'HEAT END!', and I've never been able to figure out what that particular command is supposed to trigger. I initially thought that it was used to close the Gundam's hand, but I soon realized that Domon was doing that directly through the Mobile Trace System and not using a voice command.

So, does anyone have any idea what the 'Heat End' command actually does?
Lert

From someone not having seen G Gundam, I think it might be logical if 'heat end' is used to turn off the shining finger / god finger. To make it not glow anymore.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
AmuroNT1

I think the Heat End involves God Gundam releasing an incredible amount of its own built-up heat into the enemy, causing the internals of their MF to overheat and explode.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DeltasTaii

Since it's only seen on God Gundam, I get the impression it's related to those forearm claws it mounts. Specifically, that they're the source of this Heat End. Because we're not just crushing heads anymore, we're blowing up stomachs.

It'd take a look back to remember if they actually swing through at the end, or are just poked in there with the hand.
Ascension

As I remember it, it was more along the lines of "And now THE END!" as like a "I pwned joo, n00b!" sort of line. I definitely remember him saying "THE END" at least once, but I don't ever remember hearing "HEAT END"

Maybe I'm just going deaf.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm going deaf... or rather, I was going deaf the first time I watched the series. I distinctly remembered the line as "And now... THE END!" which sounds pretty cool. I go back and watch a video on Youtube, and lo and behold, it is "HEAT END!"

You're right, that just doesn't make any sense... :?

EDIT 2: It does seem that things blow up after the "Heat End!" line. Maybe it does trigger some power surge that makes mobile fighters go all 'splodey.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
AU_Gundam MK II

I guess it is more out of Super Robot hotblood than practicality.

Something like:

GETTER BEAM!!!

BREAST FIRE!!!

Sieg hotblood!
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
Recon 5

Ascension wrote:As I remember it, it was more along the lines of "And now THE END!" as like a "I pwned joo, n00b!" sort of line. I definitely remember him saying "THE END" at least once, but I don't ever remember hearing "HEAT END"

Maybe I'm just going deaf.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm going deaf... or rather, I was going deaf the first time I watched the series. I distinctly remembered the line as "And now... THE END!" which sounds pretty cool. I go back and watch a video on Youtube, and lo and behold, it is "HEAT END!"

You're right, that just doesn't make any sense... :?

EDIT 2: It does seem that things blow up after the "Heat End!" line. Maybe it does trigger some power surge that makes mobile fighters go all 'splodey.
So, without Heat End he destroys just the head, but with Heat End he blows up more stuff? Shouldn't that be considered an illegal move? I mean, that 'more stuff' might easily be interpreted to include things like... well... the cockpit for example.
ShadowCell

I think I recall Domon completely vaporizing the Zeus Gundam and yet that didn't seem to bother anyone (well, 'cept Makirott). Either way, Wong and Master Asia were screwing with the Gundam Fight Finals so much that I don't think it really matters.
DeltasTaii

God Gundam only appeared in the finals-when cockpit destructions became explicitly legal ways to win a Gundam Fight. Why Domon started going for the stomach because of this, I don't know, I guess they wanted fun explosions.
DAG101

Although I have not yet seen G-Gundam, it sounds like "The End" and "Heat End" would sound pretty similar
AmuroNT1

The cockpit rule in G was intended to keep Gundam Fighters from attempting to outright kill their opponents. The Heat End just plain nukes the entire Gundam.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Kurando

Re: Heat End

Recon 5 wrote:I know that G Gundam tech isn't exactly the most logical in the world, but this one has been bothering me for a bit.
The designs physically are detailed and are awesomely designed which is typical gundam (Sure the series only has some cool looking gundams like God Gundam, But im not talking about looks, Im talking about how well they're designed)

But to be a super robot series it needs random special powers. Like super sayin robots, doing kameameha, and physically mutlipling themselves. if they didnt have super powers this wouldnt be a super robot series at all.

HEAT END is just another catch phrase of this series. Random yelling is a trademark of super robot series too. So, To be a super robot series you also need lots of hotblooded yelling and anger.
Last edited by Kurando on Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark064

Heat End seemed to be Domon releasing the energy gathered in the ring on the back of the God Gundam through the hand.
Zeonic Glory

Wouldn't it be better for Domon to not light up the ring and hide the power to suprise others? To me, the ring shouts: "I have power, come and get me!!!!111!!!11". But Super Robot-esque things don't have to make sense...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
AmuroNT1

I dunno, it's probably impossible for Domon to hide his power, since everyone on Earth knows he's the King of Hearts and therefore the strongest martial artist on the planet...

Kurando

Zeonic Glory wrote:Wouldn't it be better for Domon to not light up the ring and hide the power to suprise others? To me, the ring shouts: "I have power, come and get me!!!!111!!!11". But Super Robot-esque things don't have to make sense...
BTW that "ring" is needed to emit energy for some special attacks. Or things like God Field Dash. while inside the chest is an energy multiplier I
may as well say

What about the enemy just standing there while domon is just giving some big speech? while the enemy could easily run away. But without any GAR-speeches, That takes some of the fun from G Gundam.. Infact, GAR-speeches and/or random yelling is one of the biggest rules in super robot series today..Gurren Lagann is the one to prove this the most.

So super robot series can make sense. But if you want to have speeches of GAR-ness and random yelling there is gonna have to be some idiot that won't bother doing anything and actually wait and listen to the main charatcer to just find out he would get owned.
Wingnut

Kurando wrote:
Zeonic Glory wrote:Wouldn't it be better for Domon to not light up the ring and hide the power to suprise others? To me, the ring shouts: "I have power, come and get me!!!!111!!!11". But Super Robot-esque things don't have to make sense...
BTW that "ring" is needed to emit energy for some special attacks. Or things like God Field Dash. while inside the chest is an energy multiplier I
may as well say
Got any proof on that chest multiplier, or is that a random theory?
What about the enemy just standing there while domon is just giving some big speech? while the enemy could easily run away.
This is the Gundam Fight, you don't run away.
Gundam Fight rules wrote:6. A Gundam Fighter shall not taint the honor and dignity of the nation he is representing.
Turning tail and running would definitely break that rule.
Note also that retreating from a match you are definitely losing/all but lost to save your Gundam's head is a different story.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

But don't Skull Gundam and it's partner run from Nobel and Buring gundam in their tag team match?
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Ascension

I can't remember if they do or not, but that match was rigged from the first. It isn't really a good example.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.