numbers of Zeon and EFAF planes in OYW?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domtropen

numbers of Zeon and EFAF planes in OYW?

Wondering how many combat aircrafts Zeon and EFAF have in OYW? I guess EFAF should have several times the number of aircraft Zeon has?
mcred23

First off, this thread is probably better suited to the Mecha section, so someone with the power to move it should do so.

Second, as for the question, we have no idea. Numbers for anything in the OYW often vary widely, and less important things like aircraft and tanks never get anything like production numbers or numbers deployed or things like that, so you're unlikely to find an answer to your question.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Chavelo

http://www.gundamuniverse.it/gundamworld/odessa.htm

A friend of mine, by the name of KingHector, enlightened me to this site and translated the page using some program or internet translater. It's the numbers for the battle of Odessa. It's not exactly what you wanted, but at least it's something. Though, I don't know how credible it is, but I could have sworn they discussed these figures on the old Gundam watch forums.

EFF:
-Frontline Personnel: 3,700,00 persons
-Rearline/ Support Personnel: 4,000,000 persons
-Tanks: 5,800 vehicles
-Other Combat Vehicles: 9,000 vehicles
-MS: Few
-Artillery: 25,000 pieces
-Missile Launchers: 10,000 pieces
-Surface-Surface Missile Launchers: 40,000 units
-Fighter Jets: 1,800 planes
-Bombers: 3,300 planes
-Support Aircraft: 800 planes
-Land Battleships: 12 ships
-Assault Carrier: 1 ship (i.e. Whitebase)
-Warships: 6 Squadrons

Duchy of Zeon:
-Frontline Personnel: 900,000 persons
-Rearline/ Support Personnel: 80,000 persons
-Tanks: 2,000 vehicles
-Other Combat Vehicles: 1,500 vehicles
-MS: 1,100 units
-Artillery: 10,000 pieces
-Missile Launchers: 2,000 pieces
-Surface-to-Surface Missile Launchers: 20,000 units
-Fighter Jets: 600
-Bombers: 800
-Support Aircraft: 500
-Land Battleships: 13 ships
-Mega-Particle Cannon Platforms: 200 pieces
-Submarines: 8 ships[/url]
Gelgoog Jager

I'm guessing the federation landships are Big Trays and the warhips Himalayas, right?

So, 5,800 tanks for the federation and 2,000 for Zeon? It would have imagined that since the feds massive number of tanks were the key to their success, that they would have at least ten times as many tanks as Zeon, especially to make up for the lack of MS. They do seem to make up in other areas though.
mcred23

Gelgoog Jäger wrote:I'm guessing the federation landships are Big Trays and the warhips Himalayas, right?
Right on the first part. As for the second, the Federation does have warships other than the Himalaya class carrier, so those six squadrons probably were mixed, with Himalaya's being part of them.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Ascension

Zeon's more than a little outnumbered here. With the EFF having an almost four to one advantage in sheer number of personnel, they could probably have just handed their infantrymen explosives, told them to run towards the Zakus, and they still would've won... :lol: I imagine the air superiority was the real deciding factor, though.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Jynx

That kind of numerical superiority in the air translates to virtual complete and efficient victory. Once Zeon's air elements had been destroyed or disabled, the EFF airforce could easily curb the enemies movements and prevent troop concentrations (easy targets for bombardment) which would make armored assaults all the more effective.
domtropen

I taught the fed should have more tanks. Is the term "bomber" included attack aircrafts like Dodais as well?
toysdream

domtropen wrote:I taught the fed should have more tanks. Is the term "bomber" included attack aircrafts like Dodais as well?
In the original listing in EB 39, this category is defined as "bombers and ground attack aircraft," so I think it would include the Dodai no matter how it's classified.

Incidentally, the accompanying text section in EB 39 also mentions the "Dodai GA," adding that this is the ground attack version (hence the initials). It's interesting to think that there are multiple versions of the Dodai. Now I'm wondering what the "YS" initials of the Gouf-supporting version stand for. "Prototype Support," perhaps?

-- Mark