lohengrin on archangel

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Den

lohengrin on archangel

just wondering if the archangel ever used the lohengrin in destiny, because there was i think a new animation for a weapon for the archangel in destiny. Which is the two yellow balls of energy it send hurling towards the enemies. is that the lohengrin with a new animation? or is it an old weapon? and did if that was not the lohengrin, w/c probably isn't, what weapon was that? and did they use the lohengrin? thabks!
CHASER

"Yellow balls of energy," would be the 'Valiant' linear guns. Kind of hard to mix up considering they're mounted on the sides of the ship while the Lohengrin are in the front.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
Recon 5

IIRC, the Archangel didn't use the Lohengrin in DESTINY. Most of their action took place inside the atmosphere and use of the Lohengrin would contaminate the atmosphere as Murrue mentioned at least once early in SEED. Talia had no problem with that, though, although the Tannhauser could have been using a different system that did not cause contamination.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

nope they're both based on the same basic weapon design IIRC.
Gadget

Lohengrin is more ' big stream of light'. Other reason is the long recharge time. Not a good weapon to slug it out with the Minerva. And they were enguage in 'turning' moves, and may not be able to pint in the right direction. This is very different from the battle with Dominance, where they uses the Lohengrin on each other.
Wingnut

That's Dominion, not Dominance, there Gadget.

And Chaser is right. The yellow shots were the Valiant linear cannons positioned toward the rear of the ship.
Also the Archangel never used the Lohengrin in Destiny.

The only new weapons the Archangel used in Destiny that were not in Seed IIRC were underwater torpedoes.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yeah, they never did use it, but I do recall that they did consider using it against the first Destroy Gundam, but then decided not to because of people in the area and such...at least I think they did.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Den

ahhhh thanks hehehe btw does anyone know the use of the wire thing that is connected to the MS launching from the ZAFT ships hehehe
Imperial

Den wrote:ahhhh thanks hehehe btw does anyone know the use of the wire thing that is connected to the MS launching from the ZAFT ships hehehe
That's probably the suit's power cord. The Strike Gundam does the same thing in the original series.

Cosmic Era mobile suits are usually battery powered, and those lines deliver electrical power to the suit (IIRC). They have to ditch the power cable or their lift off will end in a spectacularly bad fashion.
This space for rent
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, it could also be for the same use as some UC suits have been for Zeon. I know that Char and the Sazabi drift out while connected to cables before firing up his thrusters and the cables snapping off. It obviously would NOT be healthy if the cables were power cables since...well...if they simple snapped, what's to keep them from completely breaking, thus killing off a way to connect to a power source??

I thought it was more for...bah, can't come up with the exact scientific words, but simply put, to allow the mobile suit to obtain its maximum acceleration and top speed while still connected to the ship and, after a certain amount of force is put on the cables holding the suit, they will disconnect, thus the suit would be propelled out into the field much faster. Sort of like an alternative to a catapult, which helps propel MS out of a ship to give them speed immediately after leaving the ship.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Wingnut

Well that is what Char used it for when he launched from the Rewloola early in the movie, and for all we know could be a reason they have them in Seed too. However their primary purpose in the CE is to allow the suit to take off with a full charge of the battery and easily pop out when the cord runs out.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Recon 5

You'll notice that (on Zaft MS at least, and the rest that hover in the catapults before launching) the cord actually pops off BEFORE the suits fire their thrusters. If it was an elastic restraint to build up acceleration, why let it go when the suit is still practically stationary? I'm all for it being a power cable.
Zerosystem

Recon 5 wrote:You'll notice that (on Zaft MS at least, and the rest that hover in the catapults before launching) the cord actually pops off BEFORE the suits fire their thrusters. If it was an elastic restraint to build up acceleration, why let it go when the suit is still practically stationary? I'm all for it being a power cable.
Actually, you can see that MS fire up, sort of warm up their verniers before takeoff, and then when it comes to the actual takeoff from the catapult they'll throttle up the output. They still release the cord right before takeoff, but the verniers are already active, despite not being at full output, before then.
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Gadget

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:Well, it could also be for the same use as some UC suits have been for Zeon. I know that Char and the Sazabi drift out while connected to cables before firing up his thrusters and the cables snapping off. It obviously would NOT be healthy if the cables were power cables since...well...if they simple snapped, what's to keep them from completely breaking, thus killing off a way to connect to a power source??
That sounds more like the APU (Axillary Power Unit). I know they are using such system on mordern jets. Most jets, including commercial jets, get the power from the engines. But on the airfield, when the engins are not running, they get power supply from an external source. That accounts for the crappy air-con before the plan starts moving. Other uses for the APU is to start the engines.
Recon 5

Zerosystem wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:You'll notice that (on Zaft MS at least, and the rest that hover in the catapults before launching) the cord actually pops off BEFORE the suits fire their thrusters. If it was an elastic restraint to build up acceleration, why let it go when the suit is still practically stationary? I'm all for it being a power cable.
Actually, you can see that MS fire up, sort of warm up their verniers before takeoff, and then when it comes to the actual takeoff from the catapult they'll throttle up the output. They still release the cord right before takeoff, but the verniers are already active, despite not being at full output, before then.
Oops. You're right about that. Still, we see the cords being released when they're quite slack, and we never see the MS straining against the cords. Power cable it is.
Shadowslayer

power cable

Its more than likely the same cable they use to charge the suit with and the reason it stays connected is to provide power to the suit till it launches. i don't know about gundam but in real life most military equipment has a warm up period some times as long as 15 minutes (not maniditory but highly recommended for maintance reasons). So if your preparing for an op and your idling or just hanging around in the bay waiting for your turn to cat out then you probably don't want to be using your limited battery power. So the umbilical is there to provide power to your suit till you launch. Its probably got a connector that if you put a certain amount of force on it that it will disconnect on its own with the suit running off of internal power at that point.
I reject your reality and Substitute my own!
Den

hmmm but does the new nuclear powered gundams have the same power cord, because they seldom show the gundam launching from those places
Wingnut

Den wrote:hmmm but does the new nuclear powered gundams have the same power cord, because they seldom show the gundam launching from those places
No they do not.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Recon 5

And I think its best to leave the cables here and go back to the Lohengrin. Man, were getting a lot of one post derailments lately.

To all new users like Den, you might want to note that you should START A NEW THREAD to discuss an issue unrelated to the current topic
Den

yeah sori for bringing this topic derailed hehehe anyway, what did murrue mean when she said firing a positron cannon would contaminate the atmosphere?