Zeon's armored vehicles

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Zeon's armored vehicles

Anyone knows the name of the six-wheeled armored cars that are seen from time to time in some games as part of Zeon's ground forces? Are they official?

The first time I saw them was during the intro of Zeonic Front: they have a single small turret and radar dishes and missiles can be mounted on them.

IIRC I also saw them animated in one of the movies of Gihren's Greed.
mcred23

Sounds a lot like this machine (Credit to bilbros for the image), or something based on it, as one appeared in that form in (IIRC) Episode 5 of 08th MS Team.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Gelgoog Jager

That's the one I'm talking about! :D

If it appears on 08th MS Team, then it is considered official right?

Is there any info on it?
mcred23

Gelgoog Jäger wrote:If it appears on 08th MS Team, then it is considered official right?
Yes.
Gelgoog Jäger wrote:Is there any info on it?
I don't know of anything off hand, only that it's a lil' Zeon Armored Car.

Jynx

Looks like a scout vehicle to me. Doesn't seem like it can carry a lot of infantry despite the double doors on it's rear deck (those could be maintenance hatchs) I like the Big Zam-ish visor for the driver.
ZeonfromHell

We also see that in the opening FMV alongside some Magellas in Zeonic Front. My guess is, since it looks like a wheeled BMP-1/2/3 of the Russian military, that it's an old-school armored personnel carrier with a heavy machine gun (like a .50 cal) or an autocannon like on the Russian vehicle (23-30mm dependin on version).

EDIT: I found a vehicle named the BTR-90. That looks even more like the vehicle in question. Despite having one less axle and set of wheels, the resemblance is uncanny.
Last edited by ZeonfromHell on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Random Zaku Pilot

Always Thought The Light Armored Car was a APC cause in the Video of Zeonic Fronts Opening made it look like it was also used as a transport when they were going across the Desert with the Megella Tanks.

Edit:Did those Light Armored Vehicles even have a name???

Friday October 19, 2007 8:21
Meh
mcred23

Not that I know of. No name was ever mentioned in 08th MS, and it's not uncommon for vehicles like this in Gundam to have few real details.

Recon 5

Since infantry action is clearly still significant in the 08th MS team timeframe, an armored transport with a good anti- infantry weapon would be useful. An armored machinegun carrier could also be used to clear an area of any pesky hidden infantry that might take out suits with grenades :D , not to mention be bait for hidden Mobile Suits.
Mark064

Most minor veichles are just given real generic names like "Armored Veichle", "Light Armored Veichle" and so on.
Gelgoog Jager

ZeonfromHell wrote:We also see that in the opening FMV alongside some Magellas in Zeonic Front. My guess is, since it looks like a wheeled BMP-1/2/3 of the Russian military, that it's an old-school armored personnel carrier with a heavy machine gun (like a .50 cal) or an autocannon like on the Russian vehicle (23-30mm dependin on version).
It seems that this armored vehicle joins the ranks of russian made weapons used by Zeon, along with the Dodbay and the Gunship Heli. The Jukon submarines are also made from stolen Federation submarines taken from California Base.

I wonder what other units were also stolen and modified by Zeon for their use?
Sanjiro

They took WWII's German jeep thing :lol:
ZeonfromHell

Gelgoog Jäger wrote:It seems that this armored vehicle joins the ranks of russian made weapons used by Zeon, along with the Dodbay and the Gunship Heli. The Jukon submarines are also made from stolen Federation submarines taken from California Base.
Ah yes, their attack chopper does look like a Hokum. What is the Dobday a copy of? Also, even though the Jukon submarines are stolen Federation submarines, I would say those are copies of "Juliett" and "Mike" class nuclear submarines of the old Soviet navy, as it mimics Soviet designs.

Also, the Federation has a generic Willy's Jeep design as seen in the second episode of 08th Team. And the Type 61 looks like an Abram's/ Leopard 2/ Challenger 2 tank with two guns instead of one.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Gelgoog Jager

ZeonfromHell wrote: What is the Dobday a copy of?
Unlike the other vehicles, the Dodbay is not a copy of a real weapon, but it is rather mentioned to be a russian prototype that Zeon found during their invasion to Earth. They made a few changes and the result was the Dodbay. I made a topic about this a while ago:

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=7907
razgriz

hehe yet another wacky russian design. :lol: god bless those guys for trying to make the impossible possible such as a flying tank which was literally a flying tank. which um sort of never flew. they also had the giant tricycle tank aka tsar tank. look it up i think u will be quite amused :D
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!