Question on the Crossbone X3

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Victor Sigma

Question on the Crossbone X3

This is mostly concerning it's hand based I field generators.

But how exactly do they work. Are they basically like a beam shield or is there something more special about them.

Also, is it possible for them to be used as a offensive mean of attack, almost like Macross's YF-19's and 21's pinpoint barrior system, or even like a shining finger?
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself. Then it will be given to you."
Hyakushiki

They work like any beam shield, they absorb or dissipate incoming beam energy. I think it's a passive system that only activates when needed, like the Pinpoint Barrier system. Technically they could be used offensively like a type of beam blade since they function similarly to a beam saber I don't think they would work like the Shining Finger or even the T-Link Knuckle like you're describing.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
midnightcitysky

they're the same as the dendobrium's I-field generator or any other I-field from UC gundam it's just they're super-compact compared to the earlier models, and seeing as how all I-fields can do is block beams and not redirect them like an incom can I highly doubt it has any offensive capabilities. the I-field did not absorb beams, it deflected them the exact same way an ionic field is used by a bean saber to keep the beams(plasma) in. it's always on and basically stops the beam, it doesn't stop the impact as the MS can still be seen moving in the direction of the beams impact.

the pin point barrier blocked both beams and balistics while and I-field does nothing to solid shells. it uses the same technology a beam saber uses to keep plasma in to in turn keep plasma out. but truth be told I don't understand the pin point barrier system that well, so I can really say why one is both offensive and defensive while the other isn't, it may have to do wqith the type of energy used.

but in theory a strong enough EM field could disrupt electronic functions...but it'd most likely do the same to the suit carrying it unless it was heavily insulated... so it may have an offensive use, just not in the way you thought
My posts say something about me...I LIKE WRITING ESSAYS...
Imaginary Number

Oh Yeah Go SDF-1.
"Like I always tell my wife, I never drive faster than I can see besides its all in the reflexes"

Jack Burton was a Gundam Pilot.
DeltasTaii

Limited offensive capabilities-in so far as grabbing beam saber blades, and the ability to punch beam shields and such, though the latter may be more of a Full Cloth thing...

Not a weapon in and of itself per se, but an enabler to do things both attacking and defending.
Wingnut

midnightcitysky is correct. They work just like any other I-Field that was seen earlier in the UC only smaller. Nothing more nothing less.

Also Imaginary Number, if you don't have anything to post on topic, then don't post at all. We've banned a member for making posts like yours that are short and off topic before.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Imaginary Number

Excuse me, I didn't understand the extent of Strictness this site upholds sorry
"Like I always tell my wife, I never drive faster than I can see besides its all in the reflexes"

Jack Burton was a Gundam Pilot.
Victor Sigma

Okay, thanks for the information.

You may lock this thread if necessary.
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself. Then it will be given to you."
ShadowCell

Um, okay.

Thread locked, then.