Battletech VS Gundam

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Imaginary Number

Battletech VS Gundam

Basically there Have been alot of forums talking about this very subject only those forums have a strong Mechwarrior Fanbase and they know little on the subject of Mecha, Gundam in Particular

For those of You Familiar with the Robot Series Mechwarrior AKA Battletech Post you thought of wether or not The Gundam is Superior to the Battlemech and in what way.
"Like I always tell my wife, I never drive faster than I can see besides its all in the reflexes"

Jack Burton was a Gundam Pilot.
Maelstromm

6. Versus threads of any kind are not allowed.
I guess this says it all, and I assume that a mod should be popping up pretty soon to lock this thread...
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Hyakushiki

I guess you might be refering to sites like Spacebattles.com? I've seen some of those discussions and they are pretty inane, which is why we don't do vs. threads like this any more.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
deathpony

Re: Battletech VS Gundam

Imaginary Number wrote:Basically there Have been alot of forums talking about this very subject only those forums have a strong Mechwarrior Fanbase and they know little on the subject of Mecha, Gundam in Particular

For those of You Familiar with the Robot Series Mechwarrior AKA Battletech Post you thought of wether or not The Gundam is Superior to the Battlemech and in what way.
Apples and oranges, brosephus, apples and oranges.

Because many of the technologies that exist in the Gundam universe (and I'm defaulting to UC here) do not exist in
the Battletech universe, how can they really be compared to one another? If you want to eschew the semantics though, I'll tell you that in a stand up fight, pretty much anything from the Gundam franchise would smoke just about anything from the Battletech universe, if for no other reason than the vast mobility advantage they have.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that a GM with the right pilot could take down an Atlas or a Daishi with little trouble. Of course, one well placed PPC hit from the Mech and our GM is a smoldering pile of jellied metal, but that's assuming the mechwarrior could keep the far more agile GM in it's sights.
Shori wrote:OMIGAWD IT SUCKS U USE SIMMONS ART U NEWB.
Tafumi

In terms of who would win in a fight, I'd put my money on the Gundam side of the house. It's just two different styles of technological development and placement.

I'll try not to get long winded by reducing my reasons down to the one I feel is most prominent.

Minovsky Particles.

Without going into all that jazz about mobility, payload and other assorted differences, the shear ability to douse an area in Minovsky Particles would seriously put the MW/BT side at a huge disadvantage.
Imaginary Number

Maelstromm wrote:
6. Versus threads of any kind are not allowed.
I guess this says it all, and I assume that a mod should be popping up pretty soon to lock this thread...
EEK! sorry Ill read the rules more closely next time sorry everyone
"Like I always tell my wife, I never drive faster than I can see besides its all in the reflexes"

Jack Burton was a Gundam Pilot.