inconsistency

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Den

inconsistency

i have seen that the reactor for the IJ and the SF are the same as the legend's and the destiny's, which is the hyper deutron nuclear reactor, but in the cosmic region box of the IJ, it says that it is a laser nuclear reactor, so which is the right one? thanks
auriga

:lol:

I remember this debate. I believe the CR info stumped the guys and they just gave up... At least that's what I remember.

I for one believe in the former than the latter, that the Strike Freedom and the Infinite Justice share the same powerplants with the Destiny and Legend. I don't exactly know why I choose to believe this... I just strangely do.
Tafumi

I always believed they share the same powerplants because they were built by the same faction around the same time. If one was a ZAFT suit while the other was TSA derived, I could believe a possible variance in the powerplants.

Of course, just because it's built by the same people doesn't necessarily mean they all have to be the same internally. But hey, it's how I try to explain what has been consistently failed to be explained with concise documents.
stormturmoil

the current working theory ( As far as I'm aware) is that Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice do indeed have the same Hyper Deuterion Fission primary Powerplant, but use Laser induced Fusion for propulsion systems.

Presumably, this is a 'best of what we can do approach'. Laser Fusion as a propulsion system woulde be very powerful in terms of thrust and also very fuel efficent, so it's an obvious advantage. Theoretically, it could also be used as a powerplant, however, it doesn't seem to be applied in this way (or it's not the primary application, at least). It may be that the necessary containment equipement and/or the energy-extraction/conversion technology need to use it as a primary power source is not economic to fit to a mobile suit in terms of resources or space/mass/volume concerns to fit, and they fitted the hyper Deuterion as primary power instead because it's more reliable, more compact, less massive, or has some other advantage.
toysdream

stormturmoil wrote:the current working theory ( As far as I'm aware) is that Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice do indeed have the same Hyper Deuterion Fission primary Powerplant, but use Laser induced Fusion for propulsion systems.
Or alternatively, the reference to "laser fusion" on the Cosmic Region box is simply bogus and should be ignored, just like the claim that the Strike Freedom has a "deuterion beam cannon". :-)

-- Mark