sf and destiny's wing of light?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Den

sf and destiny's wing of light?

i'm just curious about the difference in the wing of light in the destiny and the strike freedom hehe
Ascension

Officially the SF doesn't have wings of light. The WoL-esque effects you see around it are just the animators using artistic license in an attempt to make it look cooler.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Dark Duel

The Destiny's are designed with a two-fold purpose:
1. They allow a tremendous increase in speed. While not the most agile, Destiny is very probably the fastest mobile suit in existence in the Cosmic Era.
2. They use a Mirage Colloid-based system that creates afterimages, designed to confuse the heck out of enemy sensors, making it that much more difficult to lock on.

The SF...The SF's are there to look pretty.
Well, actually, it's simply that there are thrusters mounted on the wing, along the DRAGOON docking rails(which is just dumb, IMO) so that when the DRAGOONs are deployed, it can activate them. But they lack the sensor-disrupting "afterimage" system.

But my take on it is that Fukuda simply could not stand that Shinn's machine had a really cool gimmick his precious Kira didn't.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

Agreed - animation-wise, I would say S-F's WoL is just there for coolness----maybe those who know the kit manuals can explain what they said. But it never provided the power boost Destiny has.

BTW, Destiny avoided all of S-F's DRAGOON fire by dodging until S-F hit it at point blank (which was promptly blocked). So coupled with afterimages, Destiny is probably also among/or the most agile.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

In my book, it is the fastest and the second most agile MS in the world as of CE74. The only one more agile is Infinite Justice(Jeez, I hate that name).

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gadget

How about the Voiture Lumiere like populsion system on the SF? It really look fancy on the Stargazer. I know it's not the same as the Stargazer's system, but it's suppose to contribute to it's agility.:?:
Dark Duel

That's what we've been talking about. Like the Delta/Turn-Delta's, the VL-technology equipped to the Destiny and SF seems to be intended to increase speed/mobility instead of allowing it infinite acceleration and interplanetary range like the original's.
But unlike the other three, there doens't seem to be an appreciable difference in performance between SF without the WoL/VL active, and SF with it - though as it also loses the weight of the DRAGOONs, you'd expect at least some improvement - but there's barely any.

ProunzixProunzix

1. They allow a tremendous increase in speed. While not the most agile, Destiny is very probably the fastest mobile suit in existence in the Cosmic Era.
But Destiny wasn't the fastest ms in the series, It's very fast but not the fastest, there's no proof that Destiny's WOL make it faster than SF, it's a speculation that Destiny is faster.
2. They use a Mirage Colloid-based system that creates afterimages, designed to confuse the heck out of enemy sensors, making it that much more difficult to lock on.
I have to agree...but they were useless in the series, they didn't have any effect.
BTW, Destiny avoided all of S-F's DRAGOON fire by dodging until S-F hit it at point blank (which was promptly blocked). So coupled with afterimages, Destiny is probably also among/or the most agile.
Also SF was able to avoid every single coming beam from Legend(remember SF was able to avoid around 26 beams from Legend's DRAGOONS)Destiny's avoided SF dragoons but also SF and legend(which is slower and less agile)were able to.
Janx_Dolaris

Destiny after images only really trigger when it charged into melee, and no one decided to try to shoot him, even if he was using an A.S.S. ( which would have a hard time deflecting), they all pulled out their variety of swords, or just dodged out of the way.

And charging straight forward likely wouldnt make the after images very useful, cause they'd be behind him and be in a straight line for the shooter regardless if they locked onto the wrong one.
SNT1

But Destiny wasn't the fastest ms in the series, It's very fast but not the fastest, there's no proof that Destiny's WOL make it faster than SF, it's a speculation that Destiny is faster.
no proof that is isn't the fastest, either. Animation however tells us that Destiny does go faster when WoL is up. GSD episode 42, agaisnt S-F.
I have to agree...but they were useless in the series, they didn't have any effect.
I believe Athrun was the first and only pilot who got WTF'd by the afterimage, in the GOUF.
Also SF was able to avoid every single coming beam from Legend(remember SF was able to avoid around 26 beams from Legend's DRAGOONS)Destiny's avoided SF dragoons but also SF and legend(which is slower and less agile)were able to.
Yeah. But that would put Destiny amongst SF and Legend as the most agile in the show, then. (Which btw, no proof that Legend is slow and/or agile either)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
latenlazy

ProunzixProunzix wrote:
There's also no proof that SF was faster than Destiny either, but if forced to come to a conclusion on which CE MS was fastest Destiny's has more going for it than any of the other candidates.
Janx_Dolaris wrote:And charging straight forward likely wouldnt make the after images very useful, cause they'd be behind him and be in a straight line for the shooter regardless if they locked onto the wrong one.
Actually if you pay attention to the animation they're projected in every direction, not just behind, and no one says that the pilot has to charge straight forward.
Nightwing03

Gadget wrote: Voiture Lumiere
Man the directors sure know how to name things...Voiture Lumiere means light car (Light as in rays of light)...i can understand the light part but not the car.

Anyway...
Janx_Dolaris wrote:Destiny after images only really trigger when it charged into melee, and no one decided to try to shoot him, even if he was using an A.S.S. ( which would have a hard time deflecting), they all pulled out their variety of swords, or just dodged out of the way.
Yes...thy showed that scene almost 99% of the time..Destiny always activating WoL then pulling out a A.S.S
♣♦♠♥
Den

ahhh so most likely the WOL of the SF is just there for the looks and only contribute a little for the SF in terms of movement speed and mobility while in the destiny, it gives it a boost?
HalfDemonInuyasha

I've actually come to think they pretty much serve the same purpose in the end, considering all the retconning done and the inconsistencies done in SEED Destiny...
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet