Strike Freedom

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Well, to be fair, the GOUF Gilly was talking about was the pre-mass production version. You have to figure there were some things they streamlined out of Heine's version when they made the mass production model.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Dark Duel

Sorry, but that's wrong.
Taken from GundamOfficial.com's profile for the ZGMF-2000 GOUF Ignited production model:
Aside from its colors and its model number, the machine itself is identical to the prototype version used by ace pilot Heine Westenfluss.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ZeBaron

SNT1 wrote:Let's go to the USAF guys and tell them how their F-22s are for noobs, it takes no skill to use, opponent's can't see you while you can see them, stand back and spam AMRAAMs.... you get the point. The fact that half of S-F's kills are probably off melee, makes the H4xx0rz argument invalid.
The F-22, as awesome a jet as it is (Alaska squadron FTW), doesn't have two nigh-impervious beam shields, HiMAT, a nuclear reactor, an aimbot hardwired into the OS, or missiles that act autonomously, are omni-directional, and have their own little pewpewpew lasers. Nor can the F-22 dock with a platform that would give it an extra 20 Sidewinders, maybe 12 more AMRAAMS, two extra F119 engines, and a couple of pivoting GAU-8 Avenger cannons.

Oh, and by the way, the Strike Freedom never KILLED a damn thing.
Well f*** my a**...IT'S A DECEPTACON!!!
Janx_Dolaris

If a different pilot used S-Freedom it could, cause if its that accurate NOT to kill anyone when spamming, thats pretty accurate.

And about the GOUF, maybe the orange paint was more expensive :)

Like come on? Sky Blue? that had to be budgeting.
headphone_boy

I understand that people hate the Strike Freedom, but I like it. Am I like the only person in the world who likes it?

I was told that it seems too powerful and super robot-like for a real robot show. Maybe so, but look at Gundam Wing. The only thing that could really defeat those Gundams were their own pilots who pushed the self-destruct button. Those things could destroy everything and had no problem. Then in Endless Waltz, the Gundams gave up their god powers to look more awesome. That fight against the Serpents was the most realistic fight in the whole Wing franchise.

In SEED an SEED Destiny, you could see Kira trying not to kill, using strategy, attacking arms, legs, heads, and armorments. He didn't just pull out a twin buster rifle to blow everything up. And with SEED, the character developments are the most important aspect.

Maybe I'm crazy, but thats how I feel...
Ya know that old comedic saying, "You only roast the ones you love." Well here, we roast the Mechs we love.
jam!

Strike Freedom really isn't that creative in my opinion. It's basically Terminal's attempt to assimilate all of the most powerful/useful MS tech into one Gundam.

Hence, they took the stolen S. Freedom and added:
1. Super Dragoons
2. Magnetic-coated(?) joints
3. Voltaire-Luminaire propulsion system
4. Chest-Beam cannon
5. Dual Beam rifles which can combine for a charged shot like how Buster Gundam's cannons used to.
6. Beam Shields

Then they added the METEOR system atop of that. The main hate for the suit comes from the fact that:

1. It was stolen from ZAFT...thereby showing more of ZAFT's incompetence eventhough the protagonist is on their side and clearly Dullindal never planned for Kira/Terminal to take it
2. It has EVERYTHING
3. It can only be used by Kira
4. Kira suddenly manifests newtype powers when he jumps into its cockpit
5. Was never harmed/damaged in combat

The "cheese" factor on this Gundam is very strong however it does at times look very cool. However, the fact that this Gundam is alongside the uber Akatsuki, Infinite Justice and other ubar MS only further increases the "cheese" factor of all the Terminal MS.

It's really not about how Kira used it or how accurately he could spam his multitude of cannons however it's about how the producers portrayed the Gundam. They are obviously the ones who wanted to push the idea of it being the ultimate MS.
Tafumi

The largest volume of angst isn't against Strike Freedom itself as far as I've observed. It's against the pilot.

As noted earlier in EW, the Wing boys forfeit their 'god' stats to take on the army of Serpents. As you likely well know, they went for a zero body count. Disable only, but do not kill. The side effect was it took a great toll on the suits. They had to sustain a lot more damage than normal because they couldn't simply blow them all away.

Kira follows the same methodology of a zero body count in Destiny. However, he suffers none of the side effects seen in EW.

Some cite UC Gundam's as being more god-like because they rarely ever get hit. But when they do get hit, they take damage. That's the nature of their armor. Some cite AC as being more god-like because they're damage sponges. Taking impressive blast that barely even chip the paint. But that's the nature of the armor.

But Kira (ala Freedom and Strike Freedom) avoids just about all damage and yet performs on a level that's almost sickening. Now, when he get's hit, it usually does some damage like UC suits.

I think the SF is just the ends to the means. He would have done it no matter what suit he was in. Except Strike Rouge which he got three shades of trashed five seconds after getting it to the battlefield.

But I think that was more of the story writers not wanting to have to validate why nobody else took it out after Kira switched to the SF. If it had been dismembered (which it had been), it's automatically slated as not usable for that fight.

If Kira had pulled that stuff in... the Akatsuki or something, people would have hated that suit. (Not that it doesn't already have it's hate groups.)

Of course, the SF itself was a mobile fortress. When in doubt, give it another gun. Or another beam saber. Or another something that borderlines overkill. That usually encompasses the other general half of those that hate the suit.

Personally, I don't like it. It's too much firepower for a platform that is that agile which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And I just don't like it as eye candy. I did like the Freedom though. Of course, I didn't like the Wing suits either. Only suit I really have a keen liking to is Zeta and Nu Gundam. And Nu Gundam was pretty much the Strike Freedom of the Universal Century in terms of being a flying fortress of varied weapons.
SNT1

ZeBaron wrote:
SNT1 wrote:Let's go to the USAF guys and tell them how their F-22s are for noobs, it takes no skill to use, opponent's can't see you while you can see them, stand back and spam AMRAAMs.... you get the point. The fact that half of S-F's kills are probably off melee, makes the H4xx0rz argument invalid.
The F-22, as awesome a jet as it is (Alaska squadron FTW), doesn't have two nigh-impervious beam shields, HiMAT, a nuclear reactor, an aimbot hardwired into the OS, or missiles that act autonomously, are omni-directional, and have their own little pewpewpew lasers. Nor can the F-22 dock with a platform that would give it an extra 20 Sidewinders, maybe 12 more AMRAAMS, two extra F119 engines, and a couple of pivoting GAU-8 Avenger cannons.
You completely missed the point. :roll:

I'm arguing against "SF is for noobs" statements. These two machines are overpowered in their own universes, and both share the similarity that it has high-tech nannies to assist them. Describing the Raptor, it's "stealth, acceleration, power, supercruise, BVR and WVR superiority, ultramaneuverability and advanced avionics." In the case of SF, its always "OMG spambot h4xx0rz."
2. Magnetic-coated(?) joints
Phase Shift joints. It was grey when the MS is inactive.

I dunno. SF is overpowered, not denying that, but I just get annoyed when they bring up psycoframe/biosensor powered MS being so much better when they pull much more mystical things up their rears....

Edit - on second thought, consider this thread dead. OP's original question is answered, and the thread went south anyway the moment it became "time to bash SF because it's soooo overpowered!"
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/