Heavyarms

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Aegis

Given what we've seen from just the regular Buster rifle, I seriously doubt the TBR will be so easily deflected by those PDs, be it Virgo Is or Virgo IIs. They'd have to be more akin to Mercurius PDs, which have shown the necessary strength to handle buster rifle level blasts.
Zangetsu

Seraphic wrote:Yeah, it probably could take a beating. But even if it could take a shot or two from the Twin Buster Rifle (keep in mind, the shots would be hitting multiple times in the same place), Heero would just have a third one waiting for you. :? And I was talking battleship-class-secret-weapon up their sleeves. Like the Libra cannon. I don't think defensers would do well against that.

Anyway, I think that's pretty much solved now, so we should get back on topic. I've got a nice Mobile DOLL topic elsewhere on the forum if you want to keep discussing it there.

Hrm...what else is there to say about the Heavyarms?
Really where? link if you'd be so kind?

I think Heavyarms topic has run out like it's unkown bullets.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Wingnut

Zangetsu wrote:Well their shiel could probably take a beating. I'd say even a shot or two from the twin buster rifle.
Seeing as Wing Gundam's single buster rifle wiped out Virgo Is with PD deployed, I doubt that they would survive one shot, let alone two.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

Wingnut wrote:
Zangetsu wrote:Well their shiel could probably take a beating. I'd say even a shot or two from the twin buster rifle.
Seeing as Wing Gundam's single buster rifle wiped out Virgo Is with PD deployed, I doubt that they would survive one shot, let alone two.
We say this because 8 Virgo II defenders have to equal a few of the Mercurius' and if they all link up they are now even more powerful, because they can take power from where it's not used like the other side of Libra and now the shield is twice as strong.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

It's pretty ancient, but here: Mobile DOLL System.

Just strike up a question. Keep it related to DOLLs and MD deployment, I guess. =p I was also thinking about making a new topic that specifically studied planet defensers, so feel free to try starting that for me instead. You just got to make sure to think of a good topic or opening post.

But yeah, I don't think Trowa and Heavyarms would have stood a chance against a reinforced planet defenser strategy. He and his MS are too specialized to deal with it properly. That's why instead of mass producing a single Gundam design, you make variables that can deal with different things.
Last edited by Seraphic on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Aegis

Just because Virgos have more PDs doesn't make them the equivalent to the Mercurius. The Mercurius has actually shown itself capable of blocking heavier blasts with only half the PDs needed while Virgos and Virgo IIs have shown that even combining with other PDs still wouldn't be enough to stop a heavy blast. So, again, that tactic is NOT going to work unless it's an army of Mercurius.
Wingnut

Zangetsu wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
We say this because 8 Virgo II defenders have to equal a few of the Mercurius' and if they all link up they are now even more powerful, because they can take power from where it's not used like the other side of Libra and now the shield is twice as strong.
No proof have you of this.
We never get an idea of just the kind of extreme punishment they can take before they fail like we did with the Merc.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

All I'm saying is xVirgo IIs times 8 should equal at least a few Mercurius in shield output.
Wingnut

Zangetsu wrote:All I'm saying is xVirgo IIs times 8 should equal at least a few Mercurius in shield output.
And everyone is saying you are wrong. The 8 units on the Virgo II should only be equal to the combined strength of two Virgo I units PD.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

But then again who know so why debate it.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I think what Zangetsu means is that if you pile up enough VirgoII class defensers together, their combined magnetic field can match the Mercurius' shield, and technically, piling up even more could surpass the Merc. We just don't know how many it takes.

And in terms of practicality, you'd never have enough defensers to protect Libra in that fashion unless you planned for it from the start. It's just more cost effective to just fly forward and shoot your enemy instead of developing this inpregnable shield anyway. -.-
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Zangetsu

Hey it worked in SEED but hey you can shoot out of planet defencers. But like I said no need to continue this debate.
Aegis

SEED's DRAGOON fields and Virgo II fields aren't even the same thing, so why you even think that?
Zangetsu

I meant in principle and the comparison was to Artimeis.
Aegis

It'd still be apples to oranges since we're talking two different universes with two different weapons.

And, yes, there's nothing more to really be said about the Heavyarms Kai in this topic.
ShadowCell

And with that, before anymore crackpot ideas are had, this thread dies.

MODDO FINGAAAAAAAAAA!