more After Colony vehicles/support units

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
cyber_chorizo

more After Colony vehicles/support units

I found these, apparently these scans are from the Gundam Wing manual. Lots of vehicles, spacecraft and tanks. Seems like the AC universe isn't as simple as we previously thought.

http://aboutgundamwing.com/mecha_seriesmechanical.htm
mcred23

It's more interesting to me to see how many of those were also in other shows. The Space Bus was also seen in 0083 (We have a profile for it), and a few of the other things could pass for items either from UC or real life (That Utility Helicopter is more or less a Black Hawk).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
cyber_chorizo

Yeah I noticed some of the designs are modern. Some of them aren't in the Wing vehicles section yet, such as the HLV spacecraft, the Light Battlecruiser that docks with the Peacemillion, the cargo shuttles for Wing and Heavyarms, etc... I also noticed that battlecruisers are used differently in AC as compared to how they're used in UC or CE. In AC they tend to rely on MS rather than ships (seeing how easy it is for MS to sink these kinds of ships)
razgriz

i can think of 2 notable omissions :) the s-class mercedes that the "men in black" were chasing heero and trowa with prior to the antarctica mission and trowas motorcycle, looked like a ninja, that he used to throw off the MIB. otherwise very cool vehicle references. the only WTF i have is for that OZ zepplin. i mean seriously? a zepplin?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Akira Hojo

razgriz wrote:the only WTF i have is for that OZ zepplin. i mean seriously? a zepplin?
If I recall correctly, the zepplin was an Earth Alliance military unit, not an OZ unit. Which, if true, just accentuates how azz-backwards the Alliance was prior to Treize taking the helm. :twisted:
Recon 5

Some things never change, I guess. In real life, the zeppelin is the second most economical way to get something airborne (after the plain balloon) and in the age of MUCH more expensive things than Mobile Suits, its reasonable to think that they would continue to use zeppelins.
razgriz

but for the love of god dont make a zepplin your field command post, you are just asking for pwnage
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
AmuroNT1

mcred23 wrote:It's more interesting to me to see how many of those were also in other shows. The Space Bus was also seen in 0083 (We have a profile for it), and a few of the other things could pass for items either from UC or real life (That Utility Helicopter is more or less a Black Hawk).
I think the GW trading cards claim that the tank we see the Alliance fielding very early in the series is an M1 Abrams.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
mcred23

AmuroNT1 wrote:I think the GW trading cards claim that the tank we see the Alliance fielding very early in the series is an M1 Abrams.
Bad image, I know, but thats it. It does look like the M1, but clearly is not as it some changes in it's overall look and with that gatling gun mounted on it.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')