Destiny Gundam wings of light?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
abrahamsen0

Destiny Gundam wings of light?

1st is it true if the Destiny uses it's WoL for extended periods it drains the suits power supply? 2nd do the WoL help it maneuver faster, like dodge and change direction faster or are they used for speed like breaking the sound barrier or does it work both ways? 3rd why did they give it a beam rifle when it has palm beam cannons? Any info or links appreciated.
quasadra

i dont know much the first two question, but last time i checked the palm beam "canon" is a short range weapon. which the rifle is needed to fill in the gap between palm canon and long canon(i forgot its name).
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Ascension

From what I've heard, the palm beam "cannon" is really animated as a shining finger-style touch attack. There's one scene where it may have been used at mid-range, but it's probably an animation error, and even if it isn't, the screenshot doesn't make it clear what weapon fired the shot.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
auriga

2nd do the WoL help it maneuver faster, like dodge and change direction faster or are they used for speed like breaking the sound barrier or does it work both ways?
From the looks of it, WoL only boosts speed.
3rd why did they give it a beam rifle when it has palm beam cannons?
As quasadra said, the Palma Fiocinas are short range weapons. Kinda like your vulcan though slower but more powerful. Perfect for surprise attacks.
From what I've heard, the palm beam "cannon" is really animated as a shining finger-style touch attack.
I kinda remember that as well, but I highly doubt that it's supposed to work similar to the Shining Finger. And even if it does work like that, the MG retcons that.
EZero8

I was always under the impression that the palm beam cannons on the Destiny was nothing more than glorified hand-plugs. Their function is very similar to that when Lowe used the Red Frame's emergency hand-plug beam to damage the Gold Frame as they fought in the atmosphere. The Palma Fiocinas seem like nothing more than a refined version of that attack, and also without the cost of the arm once used.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Zeonic Glory

^The Red Frame lost an arm because it routed all power to the arm.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

yeah that usually happens when you do that, kinda defeats the purpose of a curcuit breaker don't it? Anyway what I want to know is what would really be the practical application of such a short range weapon, I know it was used on one of the Destroys at Heavens base but other than a bitch slap from hell what is the practicallity of it?
DeltasTaii

The reference for the Palma Fiocina is actually ZnO's hand phonon masers, and Raider's claw cannons. It's a ranged beam alright, it's just that hand cannons aren't necessarily the most long-range of weapons thanks to barrel and stabilization issues.
HalfDemonInuyasha

1.) It most likely does...after all, some generator power IS supplied to the thrusters of MS, so thrust power as powerful as the Voiture Lumiere system must use up a bit more juice than normal. Couple that with the fact that Shinn constantly spammed his beam rifle and long range cannon while defending with the beam shield while, on the side, using beam sabers and Palma Fiocinas, it's gotta use up quite a bit of reactor power; more than can be resupplied by the reactor.

2.) It probably just provides extra thrust power straight forward with some maneuverability. I suppose similar to the Minovsky Drive of the Victory 2.

3.) As mentioned, the Palma Fiocinas is primarily more short-ranged. While it can be used as a range weapon, it's probably not nearly as effective then and most deadly when used up close and personal. Grab onto an enemy MS or ship section and fire without any chance of missing while also dishing out the most damage by "containing" the blast within the hand.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Gadget

I agree with 1/2demoninyasha said. On top of that, when Bandai release pictures of the Destiny before the amine, most of us thought it does looks a bit like Shining Finger attack. And there were some discussion about it. But it got nothing to do with Shining Finger attack. Just a short range weapon in the palm.
quasadra

dishing out the most damage by "containing" the blast within the hand.
i wonder do Destiny's hand have some kind of magnetic field :? it seem to be a logical thing to add. a little off topic, but i always think a beam shotgun in place of palm "canon" would do better.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Gadget

It's still not the Five-Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique of mobile suits. The main advantage of the Palma Fiocinas is that it could be the weapon of last resort. Destiny does have several bulky weapons, the main rilfe and the ASS. And the beam 'saberangs' could be shot down. So Destiny could graps hold of the enemy and uses the Palma Fiocinas. Unless it goes against a mutli beam sabers user like I Justice or General Grievous.
Ascension

quasadra wrote:
dishing out the most damage by "containing" the blast within the hand.
i wonder do Destiny's hand have some kind of magnetic field :? it seem to be a logical thing to add. a little off topic, but i always think a beam shotgun in place of palm "canon" would do better.
I always thought that was what Shinn was thinking when he tried to catch the beam saber in his hands... that the palm beam cannons would somehow protect him.

That didn't turn out to well for him. :roll:
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Dark Duel

You'll recall it did, briefly. Problem is that there wasn't a counter that followed up on it, so after a second or two the sabers did get through.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Tafumi

Yeah. Not to mention it didn't look like was trying to deflect them. He was trying to grab a hold of them and crush them or rip them from the users hands like an old Kung Fu movie.

As was said, it worked for a bit there. But the system collapsed under the strain and the beam sabers won. If he followed up with a kick or something (though, he did, but not until his arms got blown off) it might have worked out a lot better.
latenlazy

I would imagine that if Shinn had used that brief moment of resistance to parry one saber and stick his other palm at IJ's face he might've won that bout, or tied. I would imagine even more that he would have had a longer moment of resistance if he didn't close his palms on those sabers and kept them open. Then again Shinn wasn't really thinking when he did that...
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, even if he blasted IJ's face, he wouldn't necessarily win. All he'd do is take out cameras and some sensors, but the Mobile Suit as a whole would still be functional. Remember that the Freedom lost its head (twice, once from Forbidden + Raider and 2nd from Providence) and was still fully mobile and able to fight.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
latenlazy

The key point was that Shinn would have had a point blank range attempt at the torso, which could have gone anywhere from the head to the cockpit. We've seen what that palm cannon can do. A shot to the torso would have been devastating.
razgriz

yes but shin was extremely more angsty than usual in his final battle against athrun whereas athrun managed to regain his focused super precise fighting form from CE71.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Ragormha

Didn't the Destiny running out of juice get retconned by the movies?
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.