ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam ?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
abrahamsen0

ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam ?

I have a couple of questions abot the Gaia. I haven't seen all the episodes just clips. 1st from what I've seen does it have flight in it's MA and MS form? 2nd can it use it's back beam cannons in both modes? 3rd did they ever say how fast it runs in ma mode on the ground? Any info or links? :?
ShadowCell

A) No, it doesn't fly. That's why Neo left it behind at that base in episode 16(?).

B) Yes, it can use its beam cannons in both modes.

C) No, they haven't said how fast it runs.

And you're probably not going to find stats of much of anything about CE mecha, because they haven't been released.
HalfDemonInuyasha

I'd only hazard a guess that the Gaia Gundam isn't that much faster than your standard BuCUE.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Nightwing03

But during the ep which Heine dies, gaia basically jumps high up into the air and slices heine's GOUF in half. Overall, Gaia can't fly, but it can jump really high :P

by the way...was it just me or in that same ep or some ep close to that, the Gaia ran on water?
♣♦♠♥
HalfDemonInuyasha

Most likely shallow water...it didn't run that far from the shore.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Vectorspace

I have a vague recollection of Gaia using jump thrusters when it killed Heine.
Wingnut

ShadowCell wrote:B) Yes, it can use its beam cannons in both modes.
Oh? I was under the impression they could only be used in MA mode. Is there an instance of them being used in MS mode, and if so can a screen cap be provided?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wingnut

Ah yes. I remember now Stella used them like that when breaking out of Armory One.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
X666S Legend

BUCUE has some wheels on its legs to move faster especially in the sands whereas the GAIA does not have any wheels probably because GAIA can transform into a quadruped mode but the BUCUE remains as an animal mobile suit
Rey Za Burrel's Pokemon Team

Turtwig
Aipom
Corphish
Raichu
Gadget

I don't think tracked feet will be useful in space. Gaia seems to be a pretty nimble MS when fighting against the Zaku Gunner in space.
azrael

Vectorspace wrote:I have a vague recollection of Gaia using jump thrusters when it killed Heine.
Yes, there are jets on Gaia's "wings" which allow it to jump higher. But otherwise, Gaia can't fly.
ShadowCell

X666S Legend, will you stop digging up these old threads for no reason?

Sheesh.