can the 175mm ht-01b magella attack cannon work in space?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Ginn

can the 175mm ht-01b magella attack cannon work in space?

can the 175mm ht-01b magella attack cannon use be the ms-06j zaku2 work in space? or for ground combat only
Strike Zero

I don't see any reason it couldn't be used in space, so an F-type Zaku could probably equip it as well.

Now, as for how effective it would be in space, that's another matter entirely.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
ORegan

as strike said, it most likely can. Zaku's can use machineguns and bazookas in space.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
AmuroNT1

Logically speaking, solid weapons would work better in space than beams. Thanks to the vacuum of space, physical projectiles would retain their maximum velocity until they hit something, while beams would lose energy (albeit at a slower rate than on Earth due to the lack of air particles).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Cardi Doorl

Well, it isn't that they work better so much as they'd enjoy better range. In the end, a beam's gonna slice through a Zaku far more effectively than a bullet will, unless said Zaku is so far away that said beam will disperse before it reaches the target... but yeah, you get what I mean.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
NachtWeissritter

The environmental advantage to beams would also be that they don't seem as affected by gravity (a factor when fighting near earth orbit) and there's no possibility of them getting pulled into orbit around the planet and presenting a navigational hazard later.
ORegan

NachtWeissritter wrote:The environmental advantage to beams would also be that they don't seem as affected by gravity (a factor when fighting near earth orbit) and there's no possibility of them getting pulled into orbit around the planet and presenting a navigational hazard later.
I think everything is effected by gravity. But I think it more or less decides on how much gravity effects the beam. It's not like you can shoot a beam away from the earth and it'd come back down though.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Lert

ORegan wrote:I think everything is effected by gravity. But I think it more or less decides on how much gravity effects the beam. It's not like you can shoot a beam away from the earth and it'd come back down though.
Only things with mass are affected by gravity. I don't know much much mass - if any - a beam has.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Ascension

The beams in Gundam are particle beams, so yes, they do have mass. Some have theorized that the "mega particles" in question actually have a pretty good bit of mass. Still nothing compared to giant bullets/shells, but not exactly negligible.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.