The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Dean_the_Young

I might point out that while the GN Drive provides almost unlimited power to the Exia, there's no indication that it provides unlimited power to the beam sabers in use. It could be that while the sabers are recharged quickly enough, as a saber themselves they don't last long.

There's also the security issue to consider. As long as Setsuna didn't use the saber, the powers had no idea it existed and couldn't learn anything about it. But now that it's been revealed, you can bet the Union is going to speed up its research. Also, can you imagine the bonanza that would have been had Setsuna's beam saber been lost and retrieved by Graham? I doubt the GN sword would provide that kind of windfall.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Folken Fanel

Well, there may not be a good reason for Setsuna preferring the gunblade to the beam saber other than personal preference. I know that, given the choice between a giant metal sword or a beam saber I'd take the sword, so maybe Mr. Seiei is the same way. Until we get a good explanation, IMO it's better to blame it on personal preference than technology.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
ShadowCell

25 pages, thread locked, new one, yadda yadda.