UC Colony Names

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
UrbanSniper

UC Colony Names

While playing a gundam RPG, one player inquried about individual colony names in Side 3. I only knew of 3 colony names, Libot, Shangri-la, and Texas, and none of those are in Side 3. Is there a list of colony names for the different sides, or any known names of Side 3 colonies?
Hyakushiki

I think the main colony in side 3 is called Zum City in honor of Zeon Daikun.
Mahal was the colony that was converted into the Solar Ray. The side 7 colonies are nicknamed collectively as Green Oasis, Kamille's home colony was called Green Noah and renamed Gryps by the Titans. Colonies also go by a number than a name like side 1's Colony 30.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
padre

You may want to look at this.
Happiness is a warm gun.
Bang bang, shoot shoot.
UrbanSniper

Oh, that's helpful! Thanks!
ultimatenewtype

IIRC, Side 1 was renamed Frontier Side during the events of F91
mcred23

ultimatenewtype wrote:IIRC, Side 1 was renamed Frontier Side during the events of F91
Nope, that was Side 4 (Which, prior to UC 0084, was known as Side 5, or Loum). Side 1 was always Side 1 and never had it's name change.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
artmaster079

So, when they say "30 Bunch" for example, that refers to 30 individual space colonies grouped together, right? If so, on average, how many space colonies would a Side have? Seems like a lot...
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

artmaster079 wrote:So, when they say "30 Bunch" for example, that refers to 30 individual space colonies grouped together, right? If so, on average, how many space colonies would a Side have? Seems like a lot...
No. "30 Bunch" would be translated to "Colony 30", indicating that's Colony #30, "Bunch" is just being an older term that is still heavily used. The number of colonies per Side seems to about forty at the most (Side 3 is said to have about forty colonies during the OYW, and I've heard that Side 5, AKA Loum, had 42 prior to be wiped out).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Dendrobium Stamen

The term "30 Bunch", given the simpler and more accurate translation of "Colony 30" in the Zeta dub, refers to the 30th colony within a specific side. It's an address, rather like 10 High Street; you'd have to know where that address was, so "Side 1 Colony 30" would be its full location.

As for the number of colonies to a Side, I believe the most commonly-accepted number is 40, though at present a source for that doesn't come to mind ... I'm sure someone here can say for sure, though.

EDIT: Ninja'd!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.