The Gundam Mark II has me confused....

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Toxicity

The Gundam Mark II has me confused....

I was looking through the White Base Image gallery, and I saw these two images. Image I and Image 2.

As far as I can tell, the two images are the same, with one exception. Both images have a pic of the Gundam Mark 2 with it's back turned, but the image 1 pic is much different from the image 2 pic, which looks like a completely different mobile suit.
Chris
Administrator

Both pictures come from the MS Encyclopedia 2003. In the earliest printings of it, they accidentally included the rear view of a prototype design (which had the incidental effect of giving us a rare chance to see that kind of stuff). Soon after, they corrected the lineart in later printings, as reflected in the second image.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Toxicity

Ah. So that explains the difference. I don't suppose there's a front view in existence anywhere to go with that, is there?
Chris
Administrator

There's tons of early Zeta Gundam designs floating out there on the internet, but they're pretty old, some are of just ok quality, and they're definitely not in color. But you could probably find the frontal view of that version of the Mk II.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his