Gundam evolve 15 (Gundam) and Gundam Exia

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
sushicake

Gundam evolve 15 (Gundam) and Gundam Exia

Has anyone noticed that the gundam designs for both of them are very similar? or it could just be me...

EDIT: Changed the thread title so people don't get the wrong impression about this thread. Just for future reference, vs threads aren't allowed here. Thanks.

~ShadowCell
you know what makes special sauce so special?
Ascension

I agree. The Evolve RX-78 was the first thing which popped into my mind when I saw the first of the Excia pics. The ironic thing is, the actual 00 RX-78 homage which has been seen in the recent trailer looks more like the original Gundam than the Evolve version does.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Imperial

I can't say I cared for the Evolve re-designs. They wouldn't be so bad in another show, but the White Base Team's look is classic. You can't fool around with that too much and expect the very fanbase that reveres them to eat it up.

(Now, admittedly, I haven't seen this Evolve (it's impossible to find), so maybe I don't deserve to weigh in on it. Maybe they look like sex on legs once they're in motion. I don't know, but this is my general impression.)
This space for rent
Ascension

Oh, I hate the redesigns. Even more so, I hate the fact that MAHQ put the redesign pics in the original profiles rather than creating new profiles for what seem to me to be completely different MS. I'm just saying that they seem to me to be very similar in general aesthetics to 00 tech. The look can work for 00, since it's shiny and new and everything, but it doesn't work for the Evolve units.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Dark Duel

Ascension wrote:Even more so, I hate the fact that MAHQ put the redesign pics in the original profiles rather than creating new profiles for what seem to me to be completely different MS.
Since you bring up the subject, I find it amusing that the somewhat ugly and intensely unpopular Evolve-version redesigns for the RX-78-2 etc..., as well as the more tolerated Nu Gundam redesign, were posted in the profiles of said mech, yet when I proposed that the same thing be done for the Hi-Nu way back when the MG was released and I submitted it, the idea was shot down as "It doesn't look good" - yet the Izubuchi redesigned Hi-Nu is far closer to the original than any of the Ev15 redesigned MS.
But I'm off-topic.

I actually don't think the Exia is all that similar to the Ev15-RX-78 at all, except for the legs being vaguely similar. Its torso and head remind me much more of an overhauled RX-79.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Chris
Administrator

Ascension wrote:Oh, I hate the redesigns. Even more so, I hate the fact that MAHQ put the redesign pics in the original profiles rather than creating new profiles for what seem to me to be completely different MS.
Oh shock, the world is ending! Seriously, whether you like the design or not, this is nitpicking to the nth degree.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
jam!

While definitely different, I happen to love the RX-78 redesign from the poster images and the model images I've seen. I really, really want to see it in animation.
I also don't see it as a big deal or rather as anything new to bother ourselves over. Isn't this exactly what happened when they released Endless Waltz with Hajime Katoki's redesigned Gundams? I'm sure many didn't like the redesigns at first...I know I think the new Deathscythe kai is worse than the original Deathscythe kai (I think the others are rather great though).

I'm glad Mahq put these redesigns next to the originals to make it easier to make a comparison between the two.

Also, as stated before, I don't see much more similarities between these 2 Gundams than what similarities exist between all Gundams by tradition.