Mech Stats Query

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Sabersonic

Shift Power

After reading a few of these posts, a thought had occurred to me. But before I go into detail, let me just state that the only visually represented example would be the GP02A and Gato increasing the power of the beam saber or whatever it was that made that thing grow in intensity/size.

Considering that the reactor more or less is essential to the operation and use of propulsion and weapon systems, let alone the various sensors, actuators, and other miscellaneous power hogs, wouldn't it be theoretically possible for a pilot to be able to adjust the reactor output distribution so that a certain part of a mobile weapon gains a little more power then normally at the expense of other such as increasing the power to Beam Rifle discharges at the expense of actuator or thruster energy? Or possibly dump a majority of the output into the thrusters to gain a speed boost?

Like I said, just a thought.

And in regards to that "Operational Weight", personally I thought it was simply the standard weight of a mobile suit/armor to perform a majority of its mission profiles and still have enough propellant/weapons/whatever to return to base.
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
Mark064

Re: Shift Power

Sabersonic wrote:And in regards to that "Operational Weight", personally I thought it was simply the standard weight of a mobile suit/armor to perform a majority of its mission profiles and still have enough propellant/weapons/whatever to return to base.
Except the Operating Weight is the lowest given weight so that really doesn't work.
minovskycore_0180er
Location: Orb Union - Prototype Astray Spammer Unit Test Pilot

Like a governor in a diesel engine, okay. But the operational weight factor doesn't make sense now that I take a closer look at it..

1.empty weight = 28.6 metric tons
2.operational weight= 17.5 metric tons

How is it possible for a machine weight less when equipped and more when unequipped? It defies laws of physics unless their are inertial dampening fields or anti-gravity generators in inside the Turn A.
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

" Gundam F91, launching!"- Seabook Arno
Ascension

As someone else suggested, the "operational weight" may in fact be the weight which is ADDED to the empty weight in order to derive the full weight... essentially, it could just be the weight of the fuel/weapons/etc..
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
domtropen

From MAHQ the Turn A's Kapool has empty weight of 38.7 T, max gross weight 57.5 T, and operational weight 17.5 T. The empty + operational weight is 2 tons short of max gross weight.

Maybe the MS with lighter operational weight than empty weight in CC is the type with I-field beam drive system or some other system that make MS lighter when the MS is turn on? Of MS with weight stat apart from Kapool only Turn A, Turn X and Sumo have lighter operational weight than empty weight. Even the amazingly mobile hovering nozzle-everywhere Flat has operational weight equal to empty weight. For Kapool I do not know much since it's stat is different from ZZ's Kapool, and it is a much more powerful and capable machine than ZZ version.
minovskycore_0180er
Location: Orb Union - Prototype Astray Spammer Unit Test Pilot

You wouldn't think that the I-field beam drive would have any relationship or functioning similarities to Minovsky Physic and the I-lattice field. If so that could explain a number of things. The White Base and Albion both utilized I-Field generators that allowed their massive weights to achieve airborne flight by means of the lattice field. So if, it is possible that it's that is the case, then operational weight can mean something different. That in order for an I-field to have maximum effeciency then a specific amount of weight must be present in the MS. But this is just my line of thought.
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

" Gundam F91, launching!"- Seabook Arno
toysdream

domtropen wrote:From MAHQ the Turn A's Kapool has empty weight of 38.7 T, max gross weight 57.5 T, and operational weight 17.5 T. The empty + operational weight is 2 tons short of max gross weight.
Where does this spec come from? The only Turn A machines with "operating weights" listed in the books and kit manuals are the Sumo, Turn A, and Turn X.

-- Mark
Aegis

The 17.5t operational weight is said weight given to the Turn A, is it not? I also don't ever recall seeing the Kapool having an operational weight, either, so that may be some sort of copy and paste error.
Mark064

toysdream wrote:Where does this spec come from? The only Turn A machines with "operating weights" listed in the books and kit manuals are the Sumo, Turn A, and Turn X.
The offical Turn A Gundam website included the Kapool.
domtropen

Dunno where MAHQ gets it from but here is MAHQ link:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/turn-a/amx-109.htm

Is the beam drive the system that allows Turn A to be pretty hollow and Turn X to be multiparts?
toysdream

Mark064 wrote:The offical Turn A Gundam website included the Kapool.
Ah, I see! Still, that's the first time I've ever seen an "operating weight" spec for the Kapool, and the fact that it's identical to that of the Turn A raises the possibility that - as Aegis suggests - it's actually a copy-and-paste error. If so, it wouldn't be the first time.

As for the I-Field Beam Drive, this is the system that moves the joints of the Turn A, Turn X, and Sumo. Their bodies are surrounded by an I-field that controls the movements of the body parts. It's not a propulsion system or a flotation system like the Minovsky craft, let alone a form of anti-gravity.

-- Mark
domtropen

In MAHQ again Flat has operational weight:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/turn-a/flat-l06d.htm
Mark064

That one is clearly an error since it's Operational Weight is indetical to it's base weight.
domtropen

It would be interesting if operational weight is given for only 3 MSs officially. What do they have in common?
toysdream

domtropen wrote:It would be interesting if operational weight is given for only 3 MSs officially. What do they have in common?
They all use the I-Field Beam Drive system. Interesting, yes... but what does it mean?

-- Mark
domtropen

Any new information in MG Turn A manual?

btw may you explain how I-field beam drive works? I know it has to do with joint movement and stuff but need more explanation.