A question of the Lightning Striker Pack

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Charismatic Enigma

A question of the Lightning Striker Pack

Okay, I understand the Lightning Striker Pack was designed for longer operating time, but my question in on theT ype 70-31 electromagnetic cannon. I know it is stored in two seperate pieces, but how exactly is it held when in use and what kind of damage can it inflict on a MS or battleship?
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
Hyakushiki

I just read a description of it being used in a Fanfiction, so take this with grain of salt, but both halves connected together prior to firing and is held in both hands while firing. The weapon itself probably fires a charge of electromagnetic energy at the target that destroys any electrical equipment like an EMP.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
toysdream

Hyakushiki wrote:The weapon itself probably fires a charge of electromagnetic energy at the target that destroys any electrical equipment like an EMP.
Nope, it's just a fancy name for a railgun.

-- Mark
Wingnut

The deployment of the weapon sounds like the author used the animation of the Lightning Striker pack in SRW W as a reference point. Having seen it myself, it's as good of a guess as any as to how the thing is deployed.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
abrahamsen0

Kinda off what you guys are talking about but how come LSG doesn't have any kind of shield or beam sabre. To me it seems well armed but not well protected it doesn't even have any more thruster's to help it dodge attacks? What's the deal with that? :?
abrahamsen0

Here's what it looks like. The shoulder pieces house missile launchers in the front and the back part opens to reveal thruster's. The cannon is made up of the forearm pieces and the back of the pack looks like it has more thrusters, it seems simalir to a aile pack. I don't see any beam sabres but I think it still has the armor knives. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6706 ... 027wc0.jpg Also it shows in SRW that it has a hand held rifle or gun but I think it's the forearm piece that it shoots from. What do you guy's think? 8)
exxecutor000

Does the Lightning pack allow sustained flight?
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Melchior

Nope. During Gate 05 of Delta Astray, Gard in the Lightning Dagger and Sars in the Launcher Dagger are forced to fire upon the Acidalium from a nearby island while the remainder of their team (bar one) fight the Martians directly above the ocean.
CHASER

You can't see it too well, but you can see the parts being removed from the arms and into a gun in the little diagram on the side.

I have no idea how you're planning on waving a beam sabre around with those arms, though.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.