How could Zeon be this stupid?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Ork_dreadnought

ZeonfromHell wrote:Hey now, in all fairness that would have worked if they didn't just sit there. All they had to do is rig the bombs wiht remote detonators and then just pull the trigger once they got far enough away. Maybe it wouldn't have destroyed the Gundam, but at least Amuro's corpse would have to have been recoverd with a sponge.
That's a wonderful image, which does kind of fall over if you recall UC's famous difficulty with radio. Or indeed doing anything remotely without a newtype.
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
ORegan

Ork_dreadnought wrote:
ZeonfromHell wrote:Hey now, in all fairness that would have worked if they didn't just sit there. All they had to do is rig the bombs wiht remote detonators and then just pull the trigger once they got far enough away. Maybe it wouldn't have destroyed the Gundam, but at least Amuro's corpse would have to have been recoverd with a sponge.
That's a wonderful image, which does kind of fall over if you recall UC's famous difficulty with radio. Or indeed doing anything remotely without a newtype.
they could have a wire hooked up to a plunger
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
razgriz

y do suddenly see dirk dastardly and muttley as zeon officers all of a sudden :lol:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ORegan

razgriz wrote:y do suddenly see dirk dastardly and muttley as zeon officers all of a sudden :lol:

because that damn pigeon had to become a Gundam Pilot!
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Gelgoog Jager

Ork_dreadnought wrote:
The zeon soldiers who used the Wappas (I think that's the name for the hover bikes) actually say that they would have preferred to use a remote detonator, but since they were only a patrol unit, they weren't given the equipment for to do so. You can check the dialogue on Gundam Encyclopedia's scripts:

http://www.runswithscissors.ws/gundam/msg14.txt
Ork_dreadnought

My mistake, sorry
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
ZeonfromHell

Ok then, just pull out a gun and start shooting the blasting caps. There or more ways to detonate a bomb without sophisticated equipment or timers. All I'm saying is that just sitting there was something a wuss-bag recruit would do, not trained soldiers.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Chris
Administrator

Ok, since the original topic wrapped up discussion awhile back (and the profile that generated the topic has since been edited), there's really no point in continuing on this tangent.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his