An IWSP question

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Charismatic Enigma

An IWSP question

Is the Integrated Weapons Striker Pack (IWSP) from SEED MSV capable of being used in the atmosphere or is it strictly space use only?
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
Dark Duel

It can be used equally in space and in the atmosphere, as seen in I forget which Chapter of Delta Astray when Sven and those five Slaughter Daggers engage Ergnes's crew.

I recall with some amusement that Sven jacks the IWSP off the one dude's Dagger after his Noir Striker is damaged, and docks it to his Strike-E (He then proceeds to utterly pwn the Delta Astray).
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
EZero8

Indeed, Sven used the IWSP in the atmosphere to beat the living hell out of the Delta Astray. Apparently the IWSP is flight capable as well.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
auriga

If anything, I'd say it's even better than the original Aile Striker when used in the atmosphere.
Aegis

It's an all in one pack that's meant to provide close to or almost as much functionality as the individual packs do anyways, so I would hope the darn thing would fly as well as the Aile Pack. ;p Still prefer the Noir Pack with its streamlined approach to the IWSP concept, but the IWSP itself does make any of the Strike variants look like a one mecha army. >>
exxecutor000

IWSP can be used in space & atmosphere. In atmosphere, the large wings allow stable and sustained flight. While in space, the thrusters on the unit itself assist&boost mobility.

I have a question: Do Strike E's main thrusters active when IWSP or Aile pack is attached?

I understand that Noir pack does not have main thruster on it, thus rely solely on Strike E's main thrusters when attached.
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
auriga

Given that it isn't obscured by the addition of the IWSP/Noir/Aile pack, I don't see why not.
Nightwing03

IIRC the IWSP is the Aile, Launcher and Sword striker packs put all into one.
♣♦♠♥
Duraham

but no beam weapons, perhaps to extend the operating time.
abrahamsen0

I really like the IWSP pack. But it would be cool if they designed a flight pack with extra battery packs like the Lightning Striker to increase the operating time of the strike. Instead of the combersome looking lightning striker. If they designed one like the IWSP and added maybe railguns or a pair of beam cannons along with the extra batteries that would've been way better than the lightning striker along with the flight ability. You could probably call it IWSBP (integrated. weapon. system. battery. pack.)
auriga

I don't think that's really feasible. Despite the fact that the IWSP doesn't have energy (read: beam) weapons, its runtime wasn't impressive until Morenroete tweaked the design. Adding weapons - especially beam weapons - would eat more energy, and adding a battery to alleviate that problem would increase weight. And lol, it already has two railguns.
that would've been way better than the lightning striker along with the flight ability.
I wouldn't say that. I mean, they weren't designed with the same thing in mind; the IWSP was to provide the Strike with medium to close range weapons, while the Lightning was constructed as more of a sniper type. Both fighting styles have their pros and cons.