Galbaldy Beta Signal Flares

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Ascension

Galbaldy Beta Signal Flares

I never noticed before that the Galbaldy Beta profile lists signal flare launchers mounted in the head in the armaments section. My question: which direction do these launchers fire in? Do they fire forward like vulcan guns, or do they fire upwards or backwards from the head? Do the flares produce enough light to be used like the Dom's scattering beam gun or like a flash-bang grenade? Do the flares fire with enough force to be used as improvised weapons?

I'm going to be piloting a Beta in an RPG soon. I like to take advantage of all of the features available to me. I'd just like to have a little clarification on this one point before I try to use the flares in an improper manner.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
mcred23

They fire upwards. They're basically signal flares and little else. They aren't bright enough (Or effective enough) to be used as a blinding weapon like the scattering beam gun found on the MS-09, nor did they seem powerful enough to be used as a weapon against a mobile suit.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Dendrobium Stamen

As I recall (been a while since I watched Zeta), the launcher is on the back of the head, and fires upwards from pretty much behind the monoeye.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Ascension

Bah... I was afraid they'd be something useless like that. I didn't see any forward-facing launchers... Oh well... at least I'll be able to signal people... lol

On a completely off-topic note, I just noticed that Dendrobium Stamen has a Sledge Hammer quote sigged! Awesome!
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Dean_the_Young

Ascension wrote:Bah... I was afraid they'd be something useless like that. I didn't see any forward-facing launchers... Oh well... at least I'll be able to signal people... lol
Don't be so quick; in one of the episodes around where Kamille gets the Zeta, Jerid pulls of a repeat strategy of the one he and Kacricon used on the moon using light flares. While Jerid would occasionally launch a flare, Sarah and Siddley would alternate attacks, using the bright light of the flares to make their opponents think that the two MS were one. (In fact, the strategy worked until Sarah broke timing.)

So yes, the flares could have a useful function. Only in a specialized sort of battle with excellent team work, mind you, but it's still good.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Fritz Ashlyn

Besides, I wouldn't want someone to launch a flare right into my main camera. If you manage to get one to go off right in front of an enemy mobile suit, it might distract or blind them long enough to take advantage of it.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Toxicity

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Besides, I wouldn't want someone to launch a flare right into my main camera. If you manage to get one to go off right in front of an enemy mobile suit, it might distract or blind them long enough to take advantage of it.
Wouldn't it blind you as well though?
Zero Revenge

Toxicity wrote:
Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Besides, I wouldn't want someone to launch a flare right into my main camera. If you manage to get one to go off right in front of an enemy mobile suit, it might distract or blind them long enough to take advantage of it.
True, but atleast you would know it was coming, your opponent wouldn't.
ORegan

Toxicity wrote:
well if the flares launch from the top of the head, your MS would be "looking down" so you'll be in a beter position to attack than your enemy
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?