GINN to DINN. But CGUE to ? and GuaIZ to ?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
minovskycore_0180er
Location: Orb Union - Prototype Astray Spammer Unit Test Pilot

GINN to DINN. But CGUE to ? and GuaIZ to ?

I know that the DINN is merely a redesigned GINN that is designed for atmospheric flight capabilities. However in the CGUE or GuAIZ cases, I can't seem to find a ZGMF Class MS that has there performance in the atmosphere. The only exception is in the GuAIZ's case with a the YFX-600R GuAIZ Experimental Firearms Type with it's experimental subflight lifter pack that would later serve for an advanced adaption to the ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam and it's HiMAT system. But the YFX-600R only saw combat in space during the Battle of Jachn Due on September 26, C.E. 71 in which it was destroyed by the very machine that it served ZAFT to created.

But in the CGUE's case if find nothin. Does anyone know about the CGUE or another GuAIZ revision meant for atmospheric combat?
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

" Gundam F91, launching!"- Seabook Arno
Destroy Gundam

Actually, the DINN is closer to the CGUE than it is the GINN. There's a chart somewhere that shows what a mobile suit is based on/decended from, and IIRC, the CGUE was in the DINN's "family tree".

The GINN T.A.R.T is the flight-capable member of the GINN family, though.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
ShadowCell

The CGUE was supposed to be a replacement for the GINN, but never got mass produced, so they gave the CGUEs to the aces and commanders and generally awesome people.

As for the GuAIZ, by the time it started rolling out, ZAFT was being driven off the Earth and the focus of the war was switching back to space, so there was no need to make a flight-capable GuAIZ.
Dendrobium Stamen

Generally speaking, the GuAIZ was rather unfortunately a design dead-end for ZAFT; while it was a superb design, I'd imagine the redesign to the GuAIZ-R spec came due to its complexity, requiring simplification for the newbies who became ZAFT's frontline pilots in the two years following the Second Battle of Jachin Due. With ZAFT striving toward Strike-style modularity, the ZAKU became the next-generation frontline MS, and the GuAIZ series was consigned to the history books.

A shame, really.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, time was also an issue.

The GuAIZ, in various ways, is like the Gelgoog was for Zeon.

Very good design, on par with the "strongest" of the Mobile Suits in terms of overall performance, if not surpassing them completely (look at how well Le Creuset trashed the Strike in the anime and manga with his GuAIZ before the Freedom showed up); the only exceptions being the latest prototypes; the Justice, Freedom, Regenerate, Testament, and Providence. (and excluding any sort of "special" features like the Forbidden with its Geschmeidig Panzer)

Though, by the time it started to get rolled out en masse, it was already VERY late in the war...as in the last couple weeks, if not shorter, so not THAT many units made it to the frontlines anyway. That's probably why ZAFT resorted to putting prototypes like the GuAIZ Experimental Firearms type on the frontline, as well as older and outdated models, similar to how Zeon had brought things like the Zaku I back when they were short-handed at times.

As mentioned, it's also possible that they did simplify it for newer pilots given that it was going to be ZAFT's newest, standard Mobile Suit before the ZAKU and GOUF series.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
razgriz

not many suits couldve gone head to head with the strike in a one on one fight, granted it was piloted by rau against not kira but mwu who was definitely using the wrong equipment but still, the strike got pwnd by the guaiz like almost never before or since.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
HalfDemonInuyasha

razgriz wrote:not many suits couldve gone head to head with the strike in a one on one fight, granted it was piloted by rau against not kira but mwu who was definitely using the wrong equipment but still, the strike got pwnd by the guaiz like almost never before or since.
Yeah, that's one of the various differences in the manga compared to the anime. In the manga, during that battle, Mwu was using the Aile Strike and got trashed the same way, IIRC XD
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
razgriz

ok now that is just wrong, i mean mu shouldve been able to hold up better in the aile strike :shock:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
exxecutor000

razgriz wrote:ok now that is just wrong, i mean mu shouldve been able to hold up better in the aile strike :shock:
That is correct. Mu is piloting Launcher Strike against GuAIZ.
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
HalfDemonInuyasha

exxecutor000 wrote:
razgriz wrote:ok now that is just wrong, i mean mu shouldve been able to hold up better in the aile strike :shock:
That is correct. Mu is piloting Launcher Strike against GuAIZ.
Yeah, in the anime. I was telling how he piloted the Aile in the manga in that battle (as well as other various changes like Le Creuset and the Providence being the one to take out the Raider and not Dearka/Buster or Yzak/Duel)
minovskycore_0180er

That is what Mu La Flaga said:

"A new model!!! This might not be the best equipment."
"Oh, I see that It's you who's piloting that machine now... MU LA FLAGA!!!
-Mendel Space Colony-

In the Aile Striker Mu definitely would have been able to have held his weight. But as I could see through past episodes that took place on Earth, Mu had seemed to have grown very fond of the Launcher Pack as he used it continuously in the FX-550+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Grasper configuration. But I digress, the AQM/E -X01 Aile Pack was designed specifically for use by the Strike within an absolute 0G environment. And that could have allowed Mu to walk away or even retreat with the Strike pretty much intact.
The AQM/E-X01 Aile Pack was designed primarily for artillery combat in life hospitable environments. Firing and actually hitting your target in space with X03 Pack could cause serious targeting accuracy problems. As what was shown, that did affect Mu's performance when he faced up against Rau's ZGMF-600 GuAIZ using the X03 Launcher Pack as it fires in a parabolic - hyperbolic trajectory.
It does not fire like the GAT-X252 Forbidden Gundam's "Hresvelgr" plasma induction cannon which seems far more ideal for a hyper-output beam weapon for taking on more powerful MS like the GuAIZ.
Last edited by minovskycore_0180er on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

HalfDemonInuyasha

Of course, there's also the very fact that (in addition to the equipment), the Strike itself was outdated and never really "upgraded" with the times except the Natural-friendly OS. The only real advantage it had over the GuAIZ at that point was Phase Shift Armor. (and Striker Packs, at least until the ZAKU Warrior with its Wizard Packs)

Otherwise, in terms of overall base performance (as mentioned), the GuAIZ is probably just as good, if not better than, the original 5 GAT-X prototypes. (after all, the GuAIZ is basically the result of all the reverse-engineering done on them)
Recon 5

I thought the 'Agni' was always shown firing a perfectly straight beam. When did is gain a ballistic trajectory?
Bremics

Recon 5 wrote:I thought the 'Agni' was always shown firing a perfectly straight beam. When did is gain a ballistic trajectory?
The second upgraded Aegis had the ability to change its path, but the original didn't.
Pray she never meets Athrun.
CHASER

Erm... no one's talking about that kind of cannon, they were talking about the Agni cannon. The Fobidden and Rosso's body-fixed cannons aren't really or at all the same as a hand-carried cannon the length of a mobile suit. For one you're lacking the equipment to bend the beam.
In the Aile Striker Mu definitely would have been able to have held his weight.
Well, apparently not considering he lost to the GuAIZ while using the Aile Striker in the Manga.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yeah...people seem to be confusing the Launcher Strike's Agni Hyper Impulse Cannon with the Aegis' Scyllia energy cannon, the Forbidden's Hresvelgr plasma cannon, the Raider's Zorn energy cannon, and other multi-colored beam weapons.

The Hyper Impulse Cannon and other beam weapons fired straight. The only mobile suit beam weapons that were curvable were those used in conjunction with the Geschmeidig Panzer system (Forbidden, Forbidden Blue, Forbidden Vortex, and Deep Forbidden).
exxecutor000

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:The Hyper Impulse Cannon and other beam weapons fired straight. The only mobile suit beam weapons that were curvable were those used in conjunction with the Geschmeidig Panzer system (Forbidden, Forbidden Blue, Forbidden Vortex, and Deep Forbidden).
That's right.

Even not 'curvable', there is a possibility to 'tune' a bit, like what Kira manage to do when using a beam rifle, to improve accuracy especially in high temperature environment. Refer to the desert battle in SEED, where Kira fight against BuCUEs.
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Recon 5

Technically speaking, if CE beam weapons are 'beam' in a UC sense (i.e. using particle beams), then they WOULD EVENTUALLY succumb to gravity and 'curve' downwards. I say EVENTUALLY because the horizontal velocity of a particle beam would be so great that it would have to travel further than visual or even instrument targeting range before it begins to dip noticeably. Of course, that would require an infinite flat plane with uniform gravitational pull throughout :D .
Genocide

CHASER wrote:Well, apparently not considering he lost to the GuAIZ while using the Aile Striker in the Manga.
I guess that would be the case if you consider the manga to be canon and not the anime. In my opinion, if Mu did as well as he did against Providence in the Aile Strike, I don't see how he could have possibly performed as badly against the GuAIZ as he did with the Launcher pack.
minovskycore_0180er

When the Archangel landed in the dunes of Desert Tiger, during the first assault Kira had difficulties with balance and stability as he later re-callbrated the OS to take into account the decrease in contact pressure, readjustment of the friction co-effiecent, then the estimation of reduction in pressure and the matching the granulation of the desert sand and minusing 20. Then after kneeing an incoming BuCUE followed by a smacking another TMF/A-802 upside and the head and Agni-ing it into an oblivion. Followed by the Lessops firing their cannons, Kira going SEED, and knocking the last BuCUE into the line of fire,Kira then fires the Agni in a perfect aim to intercept the last four shots.

Okay, if look carefully you'll see that the Agni's line of fire is curved.