Gryps 2 colony laser

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Melchior

Well, I already offered you an out of universe answer for the Musai:
As for that Musai, in the scenes prior to that one, we see a AEUG Salamis Kai at the rear of Gryps, supporting the Argama. I beleive the Musai was an animation error, as the ship magically changed from a Salamis to a Musai.
Destroy Gundam

I would think they dismantled Gryps 2 or something. It took some damage in the last stages of the Gryps War, and I imagine fixing it up, especially with Neo-Zeon around, would've been more trouble than it was worth.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
padre

As I recall, Bright says in the first episode of ZZ that they destroyed the colony laser.
Happiness is a warm gun.
Bang bang, shoot shoot.
razgriz

those guys animating zz mustve just had a hard time giving up on the venerable old musai design which imho is one of the coolest looking of all gundam warships.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
toysdream

There were plenty of Musai and Chivvay cruisers running around in the final episodes of Zeta, but these were all Republic of Zeon ships allied with the Titans. The Musai seen in the closing scenes may be a survivor of the Titan fleet which has surrendered to the AEUG. The AEUG fleet itself has no Zeon ships in its ranks (at least outside of Advance of Zeta).

And, as previously mentioned, the AEUG doesn't really have any Zeon soldiers either. Char, Apolly, and Roberto joined the AEUG under false indentities by way of the Federation Forces. The rest of them seem to be loyal Federation citizens who hate the Titans because they're no better than the Zeons. Even Char uses this line of argument, although he prefers to phrase it as "no better than the Zabi family."

What about Shin Matsunaga and Johnny Ridden, then? Given the circumstances under which they appear in the Evolve 9 short and the MS Graphica story, it's possible they're test pilots employed directly by Anaheim, rather than members of the AEUG or Karaba...

-- Mark
Newser

Re: Gryps 2 colony laser

Wingnut wrote:I just finished Zeta and was wondering, what do they do with that thing? It is still intact at the end. Does it' fate get mentioned in ZZ, or do we never hear about it again?
We do, in Unicorn episode 7
ShadowCell

Re: Gryps 2 colony laser

please don't resurrect ancient threads for no reason, thanks

ka-lock