Wing Gundam Question

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Toxicity

Wing Gundam Question

On the Wing Gundam, what purpose do the golden circles on the shoulders serve?

In an early episode, you catch a glimpse of them open, but it isn't enough to see anything useful.
Wingnut

Re: Wing Gundam Question

Toxicity wrote:In an early episode, you catch a glimpse of them open, but it isn't enough to see anything useful.
We do? When exactly, and do you have a screen cap?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Toxicity

uhhh, I'll get back to on that. I know its in the first 5 episodes when Heero and Duo are sitting around Howard's place after they recover their gundams. I'll go see if I can find it now.

EDIT: Okay, I found it. You see them open in episode 4 after Wufei shoots down the MS carrier. Heero is sitting on his Gundam typing away on his computer, and they are open behind him.
Wingnut

In that case I would say they are simply access hatches to get at certain systems of the MS. In this case the shoulder joint mechanism.
I've noticed in many MG manual diagrams they highlight similar hatches on various units to allow maintenance crews easy access to repair the unit or to make routine adjustments on certain parts.
In the case of Wing Gundam here, you don't really want to bother with having to remove the whole arm just to get at a damaged joint now do you? Of course not. That is why there is this armored hatch to allow someone to easily reach in and fix or replace the damaged component without messing with the rest of the arm to do so. This comes in doubly handy for Heero as he would usually be working alone and without a repair crew to help him.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Deus EpS Machina

I agree with WIngnut on that...

Theyre prolly just access hatches for the shoulder...coincidentally, their placement is about where the shoulders angle down in Bird Mode.

If ever a PG kit were made for it, you would prolly see that mechanism diagramed moreso in the kit like other hatches and amour plates hinges.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
HalfDemonInuyasha

Or they could be simply joint covers.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
RGM-79G GM Command

Re: reply

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:Or they could be simply joint covers.
I doubt it, they are not in the right spot for that. Well they don't look like they are anyway.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Toxicity

In the scene where they're open, to me it looks like there is some kind of nozzle underneath the cover, so maybe it's the place where you put fuel in?
razgriz

propellant for the shoulder thrusters? hmm maybe wing isnt so far off realism as we thought :)
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Celestial Gundam

Seems to me like they are used for accessing the computer systems for the Gundam. Specifically, they could be for how the arm joints are to function, such as calibration and scaling.
ZGMF-X291A Celestial Gundam
ShadowCell

Do you guys, like, look at the date of the last post in the thread? Seriously. If this has been dead since April, it's probably not worth reviving.

Locked.