Phase Shift question.

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gadget

I think they should borrow the positronic rifle fron NERVE, the one Shinji fires at one of the Angle :wink:

I don't see how a Colloid base shield could deflect antimatter? Already we only have theories on how the PSA works, so is anyone comming with an explaination? The only thin I do know is that Genesis does generate lot's of energy.

Oh yes, we are using positron equipment in the hospital. It's call a Positron emission tomography (PET) scanner. So far, I have not seen any paitent explode. Mu got a very detail internal body scan instead blowing up. :lol:
toysdream

Dark Duel wrote:Given that GENESIS's MCSS would have to be sufficiently powerful to completely cloak GENESIS itself, which is probably comparable to the likes of at least Fifth Luna on the "freaking-huge-scale", as Dendrobium Stamen once put it, and that we know that colloid particles with a sufficient magnetic charge can be used to nullify beam cannonfire, added to the fact that positrons carry a positive electrical charge, I think it would be more believable that the Colloid particles, rather than the PSA(which would have to carry a negative charge to function properly IMO), were the reason the Lohengrins did not function.
I don't think the colloid particles deflect beams due to their "magnetic charge" (I think you mean "electrical charge," by the way). Regular Mirage Colloid particles are tiny prisms which redirect light, and the Geschmeidig Panzer uses a different type of particle which has the same effect on beams.

Either way, though, all these colloid systems use a powerful magnetic field to hold their special particles in place. It's possible that the magnetic field used in Genesis's Mirage Colloid system is powerful enough to deflect the charged particles of a positron cannon all by itself. Perhaps that's a flimsy attempt to rationalize an obvious problem in the animation, but it's the best flimsy rationalization I've heard yet. :-)

-- Mark
Dark Duel

Thanks for correcting me, Mark. Always appreciate the input of the Gundam Tech Guru.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."