Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:01 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 1236
Well,if Agnes and Setona didn't come to Earth in the first place and Agnes didn't side with Durandal when he docked at the PLANTs,none of this would've happened.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:57 pm 
Offline
Retconned MSV Ace
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 pm
Posts: 1500
The EA didn't exactly make a good first impression by having Phantom Pain kidnap and torture him, you know...

_________________
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:52 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 473
Location: New Zealand
They never officially sided with ZAFT either, they claim to be neutral, but with a ZAFT soldier on board that seems a bit shady. Ergnes would probably side with Orb and fight ZAFT in the Messiah wars (or whatever we're calling it) if they didn't have to head home so soon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:24 am 
Offline
Retconned MSV Ace
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:10 am
Posts: 1635
Location: San Francisco Colony
uhhh to go back on topic to please the mod gods :wink:

i never handled an aegis model and got to understand its transformation, my question is in ms mode...where does the emitter for the scylla end up?

_________________
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:05 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:53 am
Posts: 91
Location: netherlands
the scylla cannon emitter just stays where it is. it is mounted on the narrow part of the torso, behind the lower part of the chest plate, which simply flips up during transformation.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:15 am 
Offline
Determined Shonen Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 4334
Location: A blue City in a red State
Which provides the basis for the simple modification made to the Rosso that allows it to fire the Scylla while in MS mode...and apparently, it can redirect the beam Forbidden-style.

_________________
// ART/PS STUFF THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //
// GSD REWRITE PROJECT // COMPLETED 03/30/14
"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:16 am 
Offline
Retconned MSV Ace
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:10 am
Posts: 1635
Location: San Francisco Colony
i dont know why for some reason it looked like the scylla became the aegis's bottom-hole :lol: oh well its whole transformation method bugged me, no wonder they never turned it into a normal msia, it would probably be the flimsiest this side of choas gundam.

_________________
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:48 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 1236
Melchior wrote:
They never officially sided with ZAFT either, they claim to be neutral, but with a ZAFT soldier on board that seems a bit shady. Ergnes would probably side with Orb and fight ZAFT in the Messiah wars (or whatever we're calling it) if they didn't have to head home so soon.


They never officially did that.But still they do.With all that's been going on in Delta Astray,i got the feeling that the author made Agnes and co go against the Destiny Plan just to further reinforce his "good guy" image.Which i'm sick of.I would've chosen Sven over Agnes anytime of the day.

Quote:
The EA didn't exactly make a good first impression by having Phantom Pain kidnap and torture him, you know...


About that...maybe it's got to do with his suit's technology?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:50 am 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 1485
Location: 10th Division HQ, Seireitei
Ravager wrote:
Well,if Agnes and Setona didn't come to Earth in the first place and Agnes didn't side with Durandal when he docked at the PLANTs,none of this would've happened.


And if the Earth Alliance had been more tolerant of coordinators or George Glenn could have kept his mouth shut, all this pain and conflict wouldn't have happened either. But then we wouldn't have a storyline for our amusement.

Ravager wrote:
They never officially did that.But still they do.With all that's been going on in Delta Astray,i got the feeling that the author made Agnes and co go against the Destiny Plan just to further reinforce his "good guy" image.Which i'm sick of.I would've chosen Sven over Agnes anytime of the day.


Agnes admired Durandal and was pissed off that the EA tried to launch a nuclear attack on PLANT. But beyond that, I think he retained the neutrality well, since the Martians never actively supported ZAFT and neither did they go on the offensive against the EA.

Ravager wrote:
About that...maybe it's got to do with his suit's technology?


So they decide to beat the crap out of him even though Agnes came under a white flag?

Dark Duel wrote:
Which provides the basis for the simple modification made to the Rosso that allows it to fire the Scylla while in MS mode...and apparently, it can redirect the beam Forbidden-style.


Looks like the whole front torso folds up now to fire the scylla. Personally I liked it better when it had to transform though, don't know why it just had some charm to it.

_________________
Mobile Suit Gundam NEO
Code Geass Megiddo
Code Geass Megiddo: Word Dramas


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:12 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 1236
Quote:
And if the Earth Alliance had been more tolerant of coordinators or George Glenn could have kept his mouth shut, all this pain and conflict wouldn't have happened either. But then we wouldn't have a storyline for our amusement.


Well,that's in SEED.That's a fine storyline.But we didn't need Agnes and co here since nothing they did had any impact in the big picture.They're just there to make the Stargazer ONA look more than 3 episodes.Filler.

Quote:
Agnes admired Durandal and was pissed off that the EA tried to launch a nuclear attack on PLANT. But beyond that, I think he retained the neutrality well, since the Martians never actively supported ZAFT and neither did they go on the offensive against the EA.


How were they supposed to go on the offensive?They just had a ship and a couple of mobile suits.Besides,if he went on the offensive he would've dragged the entirety of Mars into the war seeing as he's the representative of Mars,of sorts.And Agnes admired Durandal.That's why he should've been with Durandal till the end instead of playing the good guy.

Quote:
So they decide to beat the crap out of him even though Agnes came under a white flag?


This is Phantom Pain.They're black ops.Do you see any black ops team doing something like that?They can beat the crap out of Agnes even if he came with a white flag because the EA will still be able to have plausible deniability.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:46 am 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 1485
Location: 10th Division HQ, Seireitei
Ravager wrote:
Well,that's in SEED.That's a fine storyline.But we didn't need Agnes and co here since nothing they did had any impact in the big picture.They're just there to make the Stargazer ONA look more than 3 episodes.Filler.


This is what we call a "Side Story", it's a wonderful little concept of having a storyline that's outside the main one and has less of an effect on the "big picture", but is still enjoyable, which is the whole point of writing stuff like this in the first place. Gundam 0080 and 08th MS Team are examples of this. Admittingly the Astray mangas are more involved than usual side stories, but they're special cases.

Quote:
How were they supposed to go on the offensive?They just had a ship and a couple of mobile suits.


More than either the Archangel or Minerva had at the beginning, and look how effective those two were. And we all know how powerful the DA is, especially in the first chapter.

Quote:
Besides,if he went on the offensive he would've dragged the entirety of Mars into the war seeing as he's the representative of Mars,of sorts.And Agnes admired Durandal.That's why he should've been with Durandal till the end instead of playing the good guy.


Would you have been with Durandal to the end? And besides, I'm actually glad Agnes has a brain on him and isn't some blindly faithful (no pun) peon. Otherwise he'd just be another Shinn Asuka.

Quote:
This is Phantom Pain.They're black ops.Do you see any black ops team doing something like that?They can beat the crap out of Agnes even if he came with a white flag because the EA will still be able to have plausible deniability.


I don't know, Phantom Pain isn't that incognito. Even regular civilians like the guys in the DSSD knew what Phantom Pain was. But that's another subject. The point was that Agnes had more than enough reason to despise Phantom Pain, as if the Battle of Aprilius One wasn't enough.

_________________
Mobile Suit Gundam NEO
Code Geass Megiddo
Code Geass Megiddo: Word Dramas


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:02 am 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 1371
Location: I'm to your left! No your other left!
Hmmm...i think this threads going a little off topic, from Mass-productions of the Aegis & Blitz to delta astray... :shock:

_________________
♣♦♠♥


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:41 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 1236
Quote:
This is what we call a "Side Story", it's a wonderful little concept of having a storyline that's outside the main one and has less of an effect on the "big picture", but is still enjoyable, which is the whole point of writing stuff like this in the first place. Gundam 0080 and 08th MS Team are examples of this. Admittingly the Astray mangas are more involved than usual side stories, but they're special cases.


Well then,then enjoy Delta Astray all you want.Everybody has their own preferences.

Quote:
More than either the Archangel or Minerva had at the beginning, and look how effective those two were. And we all know how powerful the DA is, especially in the first chapter.


The Archangel was effective because it had Kira and that it had either EAF troops or TSA ships in support most of the time.If not,it could always rely on Freedom.And all of them played important roles in the big picture.

Quote:
Would you have been with Durandal to the end? And besides, I'm actually glad Agnes has a brain on him and isn't some blindly faithful (no pun) peon. Otherwise he'd just be another Shinn Asuka.


I would've been with Durandal to the end if i totally agreed with him.Shinn was constantly manipulated.Agnes was not.And besides,if he was so intent on opposing the Destiny Plan,then he should have joined the Battle of Messiah.

Quote:
I don't know, Phantom Pain isn't that incognito. Even regular civilians like the guys in the DSSD knew what Phantom Pain was. But that's another subject. The point was that Agnes had more than enough reason to despise Phantom Pain, as if the Battle of Aprilius One wasn't enough.


Could those civilians do anything?The EA government always maintains PP is not affiliated to them,so that's the only thing that matters in official channels.The Battle of Aprilius One was entirely conducted between ZAFT and OMNI Enforcer.PP had no part in that.

You know what?You go enjoy Delta Astray.I'll just continue with my line of thought.I'll only like the Martians if there's an upcoming Mars-Earth conflict of epic proportions.And i prefer it if Jess Rabble and his Out Frame gets crushed by Nero Blitz's claw and Diego's Gelgoog gets impaled by the Rosso Aegis's sabers.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:48 am 
Offline
Retconned MSV Ace
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:10 am
Posts: 1635
Location: San Francisco Colony
diego's gelgoog?? ohh right the mars jacket red frame. i almost forgot about that suit. that actually looked pretty bad *** char wouldve been proud hehe.

_________________
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:10 am 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 473
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Agnes was not.And besides,if he was so intent on opposing the Destiny Plan,then he should have joined the Battle of Messiah.


Ergnes does oppose the Destiny Plan, but it seems unlikely that he will be able to join the battle against Messiah because the Delta and the Acidalium will go nuclear if they don't return home to Mars in time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:33 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 1236
Go nuclear?I thought they removed that time limit at Lagash Base.

Quote:
diego's gelgoog?? ohh right the mars jacket red frame. i almost forgot about that suit. that actually looked pretty bad *** char wouldve been proud hehe.


Not Red Frame Mars Jacket.It's just a normal Astray fitted with the jacket.Lowe caught up with Diego and claimed his Red Frame back but left the jacket to Diego.It is badass but it deserves the impaling.Because for once i'd like to see PP actually winning and killing the "good guys".Dana and Emilio showed a lot of brains going up against Turn Delta alright,i hope the mangaka doesn't make them lose those brains and have the Martians get a clean slate victory again.

And Sven should make a cameo at the end of Delta Astray,maybe as a mercenary or joined the TSA or as a civilian.He's the only PP from Stargazer who's fate is ambiguous


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:35 pm 
Offline
Retconned MSV Ace
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 pm
Posts: 1500
The bombs were not removed (In fact, Delta Astray's is mroe dangerous now because its unstable), and the Martians are sorta tied up with phantom pain as the last episodes of GSD are occuring.

_________________
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:59 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 1236
Then all the better.Wonder what'll result from Acidalium and Delta both going nuclear at once.Lowe and Jess should survive that but the Martians are going down.And one more thing that probably ticked me off is Setona Winters.I liked her in Destiny Astray when she was all mysterious.But it turned out she was another Lacus Clyne to the Martians.Such a recycled plot device.And she delivers the Turn Delta to Agnes.Another recycled plot device in which Lacus originally delivered the SF to Kira.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:12 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 1809
Make this discussion relevant to MPed Aegis and Blitz again please.

_________________
Chris wrote:
IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@

Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:28 am 
Offline
Retconned MSV Ace
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:10 am
Posts: 1635
Location: San Francisco Colony
just to get us back on topic and out of curiousity, since we have seen what an mp blitz could, should look like. does anyone have a rendering of a aegis dagger?

_________________
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: