The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Moderators: ShadowCell, Heretic, mcred23, EZero8, Draco Starcloud, SNT1, Kenji
- Lackey GM Pilot
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:57 pm
- Location: San Diego, CA, Atlantic Federation
I got a bunch of questions regarding CE defensive systems. Any answer is appreciated.
1. Umbrella of Artemis
www.gundamoffical.com wrote:The lightwave defense barrier which protects the Eurasian Federation's Artemis military base. This "umbrella" is impenetrable to physical and energy weapons alike, but the devices which form the barrier are activated only while enemy forces are in the area.
The question is, can the umbrella survive a blast from GENESIS or Requiem?
2. Which is better: Positron Reflector, beam shields or Armure Lumiere?
3. When the Armure Lumiere is in spike beam form, could it also penetrate beam shields and positron reflectors?
4. EA had some of their Drake
class ships refitted w/ positron reflectors, although its only covering one side. Over time, is it possible to see EA ships w/ all-around positron reflector coverage around the ship?
General Sturnn, 412th Cadian Regiment
"I see no victory here. I see but one truth, and that truth is war."
- OMG Doomsday Laser
- Posts: 1254
- Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 pm
ned_2007 wrote:3. When the Armure Lumiere is in spike beam form, could it also penetrate beam shields and positron reflectors?
This one I can answer. In the Destiny Astray photonovel, Dreadnought H uses the Armure Lumiere Katar to punch through a Positron Deflector and skewer a Gelles-Ghe.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
- Retconned MSV Ace
- Posts: 1585
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:10 am
- Location: San Francisco Colony
1. a beam as powerful as genesis or requiem possibly could overwhelm the umbrella with sustained fire that would overload its field emitters which obviously are easily destroyed should one fail or be deactivated. again possibly.
2. the positron reflector seems like it would use too much generator power to maintain itself constantly. the armure lumiere is the newest and most advanced technology and we have yet to see a real weakness, although technology being what it is, there will be a weakness sooner or later.
3. already got answered
4. in time the EA will probably advance positron shielding to encompass an entire ship, it only took a couple years to go from positron cannon to a barrier that can resist such a weapon. they probably just need to work on enough reactor power and field stabilization devices in order to keep the shield coherent.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest