Armored Core's weight...

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Scorchijs

Armored Core's weight...

I've been wondering if the AC's weight, in the game is shown in kilograms.
Is it true?
If so, then it means, that AC's are incredibly light, while standing about 16+ meters high.
That would mean:
Lightweight AC - 4.5-6 tons
Middleweight AC - 6-8 tons
Heavyweight AC - 8-10 tons
Seems somehow incredible, if you look at all those heavy-looking weapons they're carrying. On the other point, it would explain all that speed and agility.
Your thoughts please.
J-Lead

Same applies to late UC/Most AU Mobile suits (excluding SEED, which MS just keep getting heavier and heavier.) However, late UC has the downsizing and things like the Movable frame and armor reduction to explain the immense decrease in weight, I have no idea how ACs are so light.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
ORegan

maybe the matieral they are made out of arn't as heavey
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
volrath77

Are you sure it's in kg? As far as I can remember, ACs do not actually say whether the weight limits for each of the parts and also the final weight after you've made your build in kg. IIRC, just numbers.
Draco Starcloud

I don't remember seeing any units applied to the figures for anything in Armored Core. The figures are more like ratings on a scale than actual weight statistics. Also, who knows what ACs are built out of? If they actually do weight only a few tons, then perhaps they're built out of a common-but-expensive, lightweight armor material.

Compare them to the average MT: they're about the same size, yet few MTs can move with the kind of agility an AC has, even a bogged-down tank tread AC. Also, MTs are much easier to kill. MTs being a lot cheaper than ACs would explain why so many MTs are used while whenever an AC appears on an actual battlefield, it's a big deal to everyone present.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Turinu

Draco Starcloud wrote:I don't remember seeing any units applied to the figures for anything in Armored Core. The figures are more like ratings on a scale than actual weight statistics. Also, who knows what ACs are built out of? If they actually do weight only a few tons, then perhaps they're built out of a common-but-expensive, lightweight armor material.

Compare them to the average MT: they're about the same size, yet few MTs can move with the kind of agility an AC has, even a bogged-down tank tread AC. Also, MTs are much easier to kill. MTs being a lot cheaper than ACs would explain why so many MTs are used while whenever an AC appears on an actual battlefield, it's a big deal to everyone present.
That's not the only reason ACs are feared. It's more or less the title "Raven" that accompanies an AC that makes people crap themselves. You don't see those Mass-production ACs built by Mirage striking fear into the hearts of the people and yet when a Raven burst onto the scene it's like: "IT'S A RAVEN!!! AHHHHHHHHH!"
The full name for a Muscle Tracer that is not mass-produced as a single unit in bulk, Cored MT Units are much more powerful than their counterparts and are built differently. Instead of a single set of parts being used, and different models of the MT being built, an Armored Core is built from several different interchangeable parts, to allow maximum customization by their pilots. Some Armored Cores have also been custom made, and the corporations have not reproduced their parts (with the exception of Stinger, whose AC, Vixen, received special treatment; its parts were released to the public for Ravens to purchase).
On a side note, it's also speculated that Armored Cores have existed since before the Great Destruction, as many technologies excavated from the ruins seem to be tied in to the history of an AC.