Macross Thread : Valkyrie Tehnology

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
megazero

Macross Thread : Valkyrie Tehnology

First of all, I've opened this thread because I'm quite interested Valkyrie technology, esp. its transforming capabilities.

So, if there's any future Macross series, what do you think for future Valkyrie designs? :)
Last edited by megazero on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Have you checked MAHQs section on Macross yet?
megazero

Yes, but this thread will go beyond what the Valkyries looked like in Macross. ^_^
Kuruni

Valkyrie? Well, it will stay the same. Even upgraded VF-1X has same look with original VF-1 since they only change internal engine (correct me if I'm wrong).

Now if we are going to talk about other variable machine like Excalibur or Invader... :lol:
My girlfriend was a loli.
megazero

Imagine Basara's Custom Excalibur. His cockpit controller is a guitar, and its head is somewhat G Gundam-like.
Ork_dreadnought

Well, Macross 7 takes itself about seriously as G Gundam did.
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
Kuruni

Fire Valkyrie's face is more like various super robot (Dendoh for instance).

Seriously, I'm thinking of various VF from Macross VF-X2 and there're so many possibility. Invader has built-in arm beam gun similar to Zaubergern, Excalibur and Sturmvogel II has pin-point barrier, K?nig Monster is tranformable destroid... I guess that Excalibur's ability to use fold booster and pin-point barrier would be quite common for next generation VF, yet they would feature more energy-base weapon like Nightmare and Invader.
Scyron

Scyron wrote:Well, Macross 7 takes itself about seriously as G Gundam did.

What does that mean? A lot of people enjoy G Gundam and it having a concrete plot of Domo trying to save his brother Kyoji. Correct me if I'm wrong here but a better comparrison would be to SD Gundam (super deferender) being serious.
And all the reoccuring mech at the end was serious? Wing/78-2/dairtarn 3/etc etc etc lots of sillyness there. G-Gundam isn't my bag, but I'll sure as hell admit it achieved it's intentions. Toys and Kits were sold. People watched it. The end! 8)
Ork_dreadnought

Before I respond to that, are you upset that I implied that Macross 7 doesn't take itself seriously, or that G Gundam doesn't take itself seriously? Or that one is less serious than the other?

What I was implying that both series have a less than serious approach to mecha designs. Macross 7 has Sound Force, G has the Nether Gundam, Mermaid Gundam, and the Nobel Gundam. The merits of the plot and characters were not being commented on. This is a mecha forum, so I default to talking about mecha, I'm not mocking the series in question.

Now that's cleared up, back to thread's original point. I'm inclined to think that unmanned fighters will be popular, they are immune to culture shock.
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
megazero

Those unmanned fighters will become popular if their Valkyries are to survive the countless battles. :D
Ryujin

Unmanned fighters would be a reasonable development, especially given a Macross-type ship on a deep-space journey. You can only recruit & train so many new fighter pilots from the onboard population. Save the aces for critical situations requiring human judgment, and leave the routine stuff to the mass-produced AI-operated drones. Besides, if you start to run low on unmanned vehicles, just head to the nearest solar system, look for a convenient asteroid, and start cranking out new ones!
Kuruni

While I agree that unmanned fighter is very reasonable in Macross universe. I just hate how Ghost X-9 alway appear on enemy's side. :x Macross Plus, VF-X2, Super Robot Wars...all of them...
megazero

It's all for the purpose of a stronger enemy, more future mass production fighters and more efficient pilot assignments. :D
Ork_dreadnought

I suspect a repeat of what happened to the supervision army if UN Spacy gets into the habit of doing that though.
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
Anonymous

well they may look cool,but those transformation cycle's. wear out quicklly
Ork_dreadnought

True.

I wonder if we'll ever see destroids again.
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
megazero

We can expect at least because they're for the land defense.
"Truly if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of
mankind." - Edward D. Morrison
Kuruni

Macross VF-X2, which occur after event of Macross 7, still feature Destroids. And as I said, there is even a transformable one. http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/vf-x2/vb-6.htm
megazero

After all, Destroids can't be neglected as part of the evolving technology in Macross.
"Truly if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of
mankind." - Edward D. Morrison
My Impulse

Kuruni wrote:While I agree that unmanned fighter is very reasonable in Macross universe. I just hate how Ghost X-9 alway appear on enemy's side. :x Macross Plus, VF-X2, Super Robot Wars...all of them...
Well, there's some merit as to why that always happens. The main reason the X-9 program was scrapped after Macross Plus was because its AI has been noted to have dangerous self preservation flaws.