New AOZ Re-Boot MS: Gaza A and AMX-008M GaZowmn Marine Type

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

New AOZ Re-Boot MS: Gaza A and AMX-008M GaZowmn Marine Type

Checking some of the recent AOZ RE-Boot articles, I ran into two that propose a new development tree that includes the MP-02A Oggo and the Gaza series:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot08/
http://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot10/

The first link is centered on the AMX-008M GaZowmn Marine Type, which oddly enough came with two different heads. One clearly resembles a Z'gok and the other one somewhat resembled the Capule. I'm also a bit curious on whether there are water bodies on Mars large enough to justify developing amphibious MS or if the AMX-008M could simply be a design from Haman's Neo Zeon.

Anyway, once the second article came out, you would easily notice that the other head is actually meant to resemble a different machine: the Gaza A, though unfortunately, we only get a glimpse at its head an upper torso.

As per the second article, it seems the Gaza A is based on the MP-02A Oggo. Actually I'm a bit confused here, since the large development line seems to indicate that the Gaza A and AMX-008M are based on the Oggo. The smaller image in the corner further seems to confirm that even the standard AMX-008 is descended from the MP-02A (actually, the Oggo seems to be credited as the common predecessor of several other units). In other words, the GaZowmn would have been developed separately from the rest of the Gaza series, rather than being a descendant of the Gaza C along the Gaza D.

Speaking of the Oggo, recently Gundam Thunderbolt also made use of the design in the second episode, showing a few units performing repairs on the Papua after the EF's attack on the Zeon fleet. These units are not seen fighting, and in fact not long after they appear, the captain of the Papua receives a report indicating how many operational MS they have left, but doesn't mention these mobile pods (being fair, they don't mention the number of Gattles left either). Since the units assigned to the Jotunheim are checking the viability of the Oggo as a combat unit, I'm inclined to think that the units in Gundam Thunderbolt could be the original design (a MP-01 perhaps) which hasn't been modified for combat.

One last thing: AOZ does it again and retcons the beam shotrifle of Angelo's Gear Zulu as already around since U.C. 0091 (equipped by the GM Quel borrowing a Zssa's booster), therefore indicating that it was developed before the Sazabi's version of the weapon. This goes in line with the AMX-011G using the same beam gatling gun equipped by Quess' Jagd Doga, which would seem to indicate that it was a more common type of weapon and not a one of a kind one exclusively meant of the Jagd Doga.
JEFFPIATT

Re: New AOZ Re-Boot MS: Gaza A and AMX-008M GaZowmn Marine T

apperently the GM Qurll with Zssa Booster will lead to both the ZM-S21G Bruckeng and ZMT-D15M Galguyu units by BESPA
the OMSM-07RF RF Z'Gok seems to be linked to the new AMX-008M GaZowmn Marine Type. Currently Mars lacks any large unfrozen bodies of water so unlkess they were mid terraforming this was another quick build to prep for an earth invasion useing old ms data and an existing frame.
Dark Duel

Gelgoog Jager wrote:One last thing: AOZ does it again and retcons the beam shotrifle of Angelo's Gear Zulu as already around since U.C. 0091 (equipped by the GM Quel borrowing a Zssa's booster), therefore indicating that it was developed before the Sazabi's version of the weapon. This goes in line with the AMX-011G using the same beam gatling gun equipped by Quess' Jagd Doga, which would seem to indicate that it was a more common type of weapon and not a one of a kind one exclusively meant of the Jagd Doga.
Considering how, compared to Haman's First Neo-Zeon, Char's Neo-Zeon and the Sleeves seemed pretty strapped for resources, that actually makes a fair amount of sense that the Jagd and Geara Zulu would use pre-existing weapons. One might even also extend that to the Sazabi's weapon being a variant of a pre-existing weapon.
But I'm just spinning my wheels here and might be completely off-base. Just my thoughts.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
toysdream

The caption text in these articles is mostly just talking about the "drum frame" concept, and how it originated in worker machines and mobile pods like the Oggo, and was later applied in military mobile suits. It's suggested that the Gaza A may be descended from the Oggo, but otherwise it's not talking about a direct development lineage.

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

Wasn't the drum frame the one used by the Asshimar? Likewise, the Gaza series was said to use a movable block or block buildup construction. Is it safe to assume that this means that the Gaza series uses both concepts, or could this mean that the movable block/block buildup is an improvement over the drum frame?

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to have the Gaza A descended from the Oggo, since we are told that the former was was developed for work and mobile pods seemed to had been developed as construction machines. As I pointed out, Thunderbolt has a few Oggos helping with the repairs of the Dried Fish (Papua class ship) which I would like to assume are the original versions of Zeon mobile pods.

As for the use of the drum frame, wouldn't machine such as the Bigro and Grublo that can fully rotate their arms also count as drum frame?

By the way, the image of the Gaza A also seems to be meant to vaguely resemble the Neue Ziel and Capule. In case of the later, I suppose that the drum frame concept could have been implemented for its legs, namely for switching to MA/crusing form.

Regarding the retcon of the Neo Zeon weapons, personally I think ti makes more sense that Haman's Neo Zeon developed most of the equipment and units used by later movements.

As for the OMSM-07RF, while I found its existence odd, I did consider that perhaps it was designed due to how effective the original Z'gok was for fighting on the ground.
JEFFPIATT

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Wasn't the drum frame the one used by the Asshimar? Likewise, the Gaza series was said to use a movable block or block buildup construction. Is it safe to assume that this means that the Gaza series uses both concepts, or could this mean that the movable block/block buildup is an improvement over the drum frame?

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to have the Gaza A descended from the Oggo, since we are told that the former was was developed for work and mobile pods seemed to had been developed as construction machines. As I pointed out, Thunderbolt has a few Oggos helping with the repairs of the Dried Fish (Papua class ship) which I would like to assume are the original versions of Zeon mobile pods.

As for the use of the drum frame, wouldn't machine such as the Bigro and Grublo that can fully rotate their arms also count as drum frame?

By the way, the image of the Gaza A also seems to be meant to vaguely resemble the Neue Ziel and Capule. In case of the later, I suppose that the drum frame concept could have been implemented for its legs, namely for switching to MA/crusing form.

Regarding the retcon of the Neo Zeon weapons, personally I think ti makes more sense that Haman's Neo Zeon developed most of the equipment and units used by later movements.

As for the OMSM-07RF, while I found its existence odd, I did consider that perhaps it was designed due to how effective the original Z'gok was for fighting on the ground.
we do need to remember that by Chars neo-zeon the movement had no government body funding Military R&D. The Sweetwater movement was mainly running on funds Char had stashed during the past 3 wars including some gold he stole from the Zabi's. The few new units were recovered Axis units adapted to more conventional forms like the Doga line being refined Zaku III models with the amount of modular parts being reduced. the Sleeves and later movements are using what ever equipment there troops got an hold of and what ships had in hangers when the crew decided to not surrender to the EFSF. With any "new" models being spare parts attached to old MS frames to keep them working and to create new specialized units. The UC 100's era Mars Zeon did get funding by the Crossbone Vanguard and the Rf series was basically AMS-119 Geara Doga frames upgraded and refit in to old one year war ms designs given modern tech as an way to confuse Federal troops in to thinking they were the old units. it probity helped that beyond the new frames and equipment these were proven Zeon units used as base models for the RF series the Z'gok was the best of the MSM units zeon had and it made sense to adapt it to the Doga frame for earth deployment. insted of inventing an new unit that may not work right.
Brave Fencer Kirby

JEFFPIATT wrote:we do need to remember that by Chars neo-zeon the movement had no government body funding Military R&D. The Sweetwater movement was mainly running on funds Char had stashed during the past 3 wars including some gold he stole from the Zabi's.
That's an interesting claim, which I've never heard before. My impression was always that Char's efforts in CCA were funded by a combination of popular support from places like Sweetwater and third-party contributions from groups like Anaheim. Do you have a source for the idea that Char was largely self-funding his army?
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
JEFFPIATT

I think it was in the old book that came with the CCA DVD but Unicorn brings up that after Char died the Sleeves are operateing with what ever new MS were paid for before Char went MIA along with any older models they can get working including getting Quess's old Jaged Doga working with an comparable salvaged arm.
Gelgoog Jager

Weren't the Sleeves being funded by the Republic of Zeon, at least in the novels?

As for the 2nd Neo Zeon fleet, personally I'm still inclined to think that at least some of the Musakas could have been leftover ships from the 1st Neo Zeon War. After all, a screen showing both sides fleets during the final battle shows approximately 34 ships (Glemy 11, Human 23) participating in the battle, from which we don't see even half, specially those on Glemy's side (we only see the Sandra and the Gwnaban).

Since Glemy had seized control of Axis and most of Neo Zeon's newest MS, including the AMX-004G, AMX-011S, AMX-014 and the NZ-000, it would also be reasonable to assume that he got access to any new ships that were being built at the asteroid.

Also, AOZ Re-Boot itself introduced the Gran-Xandria, a ship that borrows features from the Endra class:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot09/

There's also the Sand Angler, which borrows features from the Rewloola:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot02-b/

Also, Gundam Side Stories showed on its Missing Link section that by U.C. 0091 a prototype Geara Doga is already a round. This MS is said to be a design left from the previous Neo Zeon, and since Axis was the base where the newest MS were stored, namely the AMX-011S (except for Mashymre's unit) and AMX-014 units, it also tends to reason that whatever progress Neo Zeon already had on the Geara Doga by the end of the 1st Neo Zeon War, it would also be stored there.