The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

balofo wrote:-Kimaris Trooper has a saber built-in the shield. Confirmed to be for ground combat. It also has a 4 legged form called Trooper Form:
http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uplo ... 160461.jpg
http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uplo ... 160453.jpg
-HG Astaroth releases on May. Weapons are called Machinegun, Knife and the giant Demolition Knife. Left arm is Spinner Rodi's, large gauntlet can be worn on the right arm. Uses the same Barbatos Frame.
-MS G's weapons are called Axes
-Barbatos's 6th Form Autocannons are 170mm caliber. The 1/100 finally comes with the original Mace and the high heels are confirmed to be for under gravity use(I wanna see the technical explanation for this one). The 6th Form's hip booster can open at the tip
-Valkyria Rifle caliber is 110mm.
FinalSin66 wrote:Anyone else notice the one character, I'd say the pilot, next to astaroth has a prosthetic arm
Calubin_175

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Question is, could 1/100 5th form be recreated just with 6th form + Schwalbe Graze or does it require the 4th form shoulders and feet as well? It finally comes with the 1/100 mace, hope it won't have any weight issues.
balofo

Calubin_175 wrote:Question is, could 1/100 5th form be recreated just with 6th form + Schwalbe Graze or does it require the 4th form shoulders and feet as well? It finally comes with the 1/100 mace, hope it won't have any weight issues.
Yeah with the base 1/100 6th Form you can reproduce the ground battle 5th Form since it comes with the 4th Form's shoulders. For the atmospheric reentry 5th Form you just need the 1/100 Schwalbe for the hip boosters since the the kit already comes with the joint parts and the chest reactive armor as a bonus. Oh and the Mace comes with the pile-bunker gimmick

The Trooper's Lance is funny since it doesn't have a pointed tip and it appears to have larger muzzles or thrusters.

BTW Derringer mentioned there's more IBO kits coming in 2016 so perhaps a 2nd Season can't be discounted yet or the MSV stuff will net at least 1 new HG per month for some time. UC TV is also split cour.

And we're still gonna see a variation using the Valkyria Frame along the line.

Release dates, for manual info(these won't have much if anything new):
-HRM Barbatos 3/24
-1/100 Kimaris&Barbatos 6th Form 3/17

Psycho Graze(MS G) overall height will be around 23 meters
Calubin_175

Oh okay, at least it comes with regular feet.

According to what is offered by the HG version, the 1/100 may still have the regular chest.

http://gundamsblog.net/wp-content/uploa ... /02/21.jpg

So we have fifth form(space): reactive armor+normal feet/shoulders+graze hip units; fifth form ground: heels+4th form parts.
balofo

Lineart for Carta's Graze Ritter, the version with large thigh thrusters is called ground battle specification: https://i.imgur.com/xOT6ncD.jpg

Astaroth: https://i.imgur.com/QHkkL50.jpg

MSV series confirmed for a Gundam Ace manga and a HJ photostory, begins on Spring. Chara designer draft by Yu Ito, scenario by Hajime Kamoshida. Argi? Mirage? is the Astaroth pilot, Volco? Wohlen? seems to handle the Astaroth parts.
Midi_Amp

Kimaris trooper 4 legged mode is basically just it kneeling down looking at that blurred model kit picture. The knee and shin part forms the front pair legs while the rest of the leg rotates from the knee backward. It would awkward in motion without the magic of animation error, but looks freaking awesome standing still, very regal looking.
balofo

Barbatos 6th Form preliminary manual info:
-H:18.8m, W:30.5t
-Large Type Special Mace(nickname: Wrench Mace): can be used as a blunt weapon or to hold the enemy inside it and cut it with the chainsaw.
-Arm Mortar: armament originally made for the Kutan, can be used by MS
-Autocannon: can be used together with the Mortar
-Hip Booster: retrofit of the Schwalbe one
-Standard Graze Ritter Shoulder Armor: stronger than the Graze sister machine one
-Chest Additional Armor: additional armor to protect the cockpit from concentrated attacks during long combat.
-Chest Reaction Armor: receives one attack then the armor purges. Equipment born from the idea of hurting itself to damage the opponent.
-5th Form(chest armor): anti Gaelio use.
-5th Form(ground combat): leg suspension was adjusted for gravity, by increasing the center of gravity the initial reaction velocity increases. Mobility under gravity increases.
-6th Form: sacrificed mobility for armor expecting a long battle without ressuply.

Quite boring, maybe they don't want to spoil the final battle.

Anyone good in physics wants to rationalize the high heels being good for ground mobility?
Deacon Blues

balofo wrote:Lineart for Carta's Graze Ritter, the version with large thigh thrusters is called ground battle specification: https://i.imgur.com/xOT6ncD.jpg

Astaroth: https://i.imgur.com/QHkkL50.jpg

MSV series confirmed for a Gundam Ace manga and a HJ photostory, begins on Spring. Chara designer draft by Yu Ito, scenario by Hajime Kamoshida. Argi? Mirage? is the Astaroth pilot, Volco? Wohlen? seems to handle the Astaroth parts.
Oh look, Fon Spaak transcends yet another Gundam series! Imagine!
SonicSP

balofo wrote:Barbatos 6th Form preliminary manual info:
-H:18.8m, W:30.5t
-Large Type Special Mace(nickname: Wrench Mace): can be used as a blunt weapon or to hold the enemy inside it and cut it with the chainsaw.
-Arm Mortar: armament originally made for the Kutan, can be used by MS
-Autocannon: can be used together with the Mortar
-Hip Booster: retrofit of the Schwalbe one
-Standard Graze Ritter Shoulder Armor: stronger than the Graze sister machine one
-Chest Additional Armor: additional armor to protect the cockpit from concentrated attacks during long combat.
-Chest Reaction Armor: receives one attack then the armor purges. Equipment born from the idea of hurting itself to damage the opponent.
-5th Form(chest armor): anti Gaelio use.
-5th Form(ground combat): leg suspension was adjusted for gravity, by increasing the center of gravity the initial reaction velocity increases. Mobility under gravity increases.
-6th Form: sacrificed mobility for armor expecting a long battle without ressuply.

Quite boring, maybe they don't want to spoil the final battle.

Anyone good in physics wants to rationalize the high heels being good for ground mobility?
Someone replied to your query in Suki when I quoted your post:
Obelisk ze Tormentor wrote:Well, if anything, high heels will certainly better than flat foot in rocky terrains coz it can grip the ground better. As for balance, IIRC each MS in Gundam-verse already have this thing called auto-balancer (especially for bipedal MSs) which should function properly as long as the feet and legs are intact & operational.
radioactive28

Looking at what they have done to all the Gundams so far, seems like modifying the armour and re-purposing the machine practically cost nothing in-universe. Barbatos has been relatively conservative by salvaging other machines' parts; but Gusion underwent a crash diet, and I suspect Kilmaris will have its extreme makeover with nary a mention about the efforts involved in re-tuning/programming the OS.
balofo

Website updated:
A)MSV site
-Gundam Astaroth: owned by Volco, Argi pilots it. The only original parts left are the head and the Gundam Frame, the rest of the armor is a patchwork from different MS and so its appearance has become distorted.
-Argi Mirage: boy with a prosthetic hand on the right arm.
-Volco Wohlen: boy with a scar on his forehead, objective is to regain all the original Astaroth parts that are dispersed through the universe.

So we now have an idea on the MSV plot, seems interesting. We're guaranteed to get more versions of the HG as the original parts are retrieved. Starts on the April issues of Gundam Ace and HJ.

B)IBO: lineart for ground Graze Ritters and Kimaris Trooper

Schwalbe's Graze Flight Unit model number is GR-Es01
MayflyOfSpace

balofo wrote:Website updated:
A)MSV site
-Gundam Astaroth: owned by Volco, Argi pilots it. The only original parts left are the head and the Gundam Frame, the rest of the armor is a patchwork from different MS and so its appearance has become distorted.
Oh neat, so if almost none of it is part of the original Astaroth, these first images give hints at other MS and Gundam types in-universe.
FinalSin66

Ok, several things to address

1) Kimaris Trooper- I imagine that it's quad mode does not actually gallop like a hoarse in the slightest but serves as guide/support rails for the large skirt armor with a large hovercraft looking thruster on the underside. It probably moves like the shagohod from metal gear. The new lance is most likely to allow it to make swiping hits to do more impact damage and have greater number of attack moves, the previous lance was really only capable of puncture damage stab motions, and thus it was more predictable and why the Barbatos reactive armor worked as well as it did. As far as the fact of cost and logistic of making the trooper, it's not a big surprise to me, between the common base frame and modular design, the resources of gjalahorn, this the personal machine of a 7 star family and finally the possibility that this was an alternate set of armor made over 300 years ago.

2) As for the Barbatos high heels, I found this [url]http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/e ... ility/[url] besides more/better suspension put in, the high center of gravity give increase mobility, most likely to offset earth gravity and additional armor added.

3) Graze rittner- the thigh thrusters are likely a higher mobility alternative to the repositioning of the back thrusters to the waist as see on the grazes on mars. The smaller lighter weight thrusters allow greater mobility at the cost of fuel and number of jumps.
Last edited by FinalSin66 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deacon Blues

Booklet 3:

Lineart and profile for the CGS Mobile Workers (space type). Lineart for the Barbatos, ultimately referred to as the "Gumdam" in this installment. We have color lineart for the 2nd and 3rd forms as well as the smoothbore rifle. Schwalbe Graze color lineart and BW lineart for the bust, wire claw and head. Biscoe lineart appears with carrier lineart and bridge lineart. I'll update that for MAHQ shortly.
Kuruni

So Astaroth is MSV? Great. I wish we will see many of them, although it would be unrealistic that we will see all 72 Goetic demons (or even all remaining 26). Hope we see Berith, and as noted in previous thread, they should made Leraje a sniper.
My girlfriend was a loli.
kabukigang777

Kuruni wrote:So Astaroth is MSV? Great. I wish we will see many of them, although it would be unrealistic that we will see all 72 Goetic demons (or even all remaining 26). Hope we see Berith, and as noted in previous thread, they should made Leraje a sniper.
berith gundam will be a bit controversial i guess?
MayflyOfSpace

FinalSin66 wrote:Ok, several things to address

1) Kimaris Trooper- I imagine that it's quad mode does not actually gallop like a hoarse in the slightest but serves as guide/support rails for the large skirt armor with a large hovercraft looking thruster on the underside. It probably moves like the shagohod from metal gear. The new lance is most likely to allow it to make swiping hits to do more impact damage and have greater number of attack moves, the previous lance was really only capable of puncture damage stab motions, and thus it was more predictable and why the Barbatos reactive armor worked as well as it did. As far as the fact of cost and logistic of making the trooper, it's not a big surprise to me, between the common base frame and modular design, the resources of gjalahorn, this the personal machine of a 7 star family and finally the possibility that this was an alternate set of armor made over 300 years ago.
This is exactly what I was thinking is going to be the case, The legs don't even look like they are capable of walking in any normal capacity, let alone galloping. In addition to some sort of hover mode, my other thought would be that this form would perhaps be a brace/support for the large weapon if the 'lance' also doubles as some sort of large cannon.
balofo

Astaroth also has 2 Panzer Fausts(mounted on backpack) and a large rifle: http://www.gundam-try.com/images/news/t ... nts_02.jpg

Graze Ritter's sword is called Knight Blade. It's a sister machine of the Graze with superior mobility
balofo

-Grey Graze from ep 21 is called Ground Use Graze. It has new feet design, new backpack to carry the Battle Blade horizontally and thigh armor/booster from the ground Graze Ritter.
-Tekkadan's MW can equip a 4-tube smoke grenade dispenser
-Carta's MS is called Graze Ritter Commander Machine
MayflyOfSpace

So, this might be answered somewhere else that I missed, but in episode 17, when watching the Barbatos battle the Kimaris, McGillis says something along the lines of he was amazed that two of the Gjallarhorn machines that ended the Calamity War would ever fight each other.

This obviously seems to suggest that the Gundam Frames were originally built by Gjallahorn. Do we have anything else that proves that other than this line?