Looking for MSes using non-standard equipment

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
A Goufy Movie

Looking for MSes using non-standard equipment

I'm currently working on getting some high-quality shots of various UC (and maybe AW if I feel like it) mobile suits on the Gundam Wiki from the shows they appear in because almost all of the UC mobile suits pages lack images of the MS in the anime itself. I think it would be cool to make the UC MS pages have some nice references for how the mobile suits look in the anime and to point out things like the various MSVs in Zeta with images. Thay way, the wiki could be a little more useful as a reference.

One of my interests is mobile suits using unusual equipment, like the Rick Dom with the Zaku's MG, or weird design quirks, like the MSN-07S' changing cockpit hatch mechanism and the recently rediscovered extra thrusters the Rick Dom has in Movie III. I'd like to take pictures of these for the sake of documentation.

So far, I have:

*RGM-79 with the RX-78-2's beam rifle.
*Braw Bro at A Baoa Qu.
*MSN-07S' cockpit mechanism mentioned earlier.
*Rick Dom with the Zaku II's 120mm machine gun.
*Gouf with a beam sword.

I plan on adding:

*EFF Hizacks with MGs
*High-quality images of the weird color variations Mark and others found in Zeta.

I'm sure there are a lot more out there. Could some of you point them out to me?
Brave Fencer Kirby

Re: Looking for MSes using non-standard equipment

Not sure if it's the sort of thing you're looking for or not, but the only thing that immediately comes to mind for me is in 08th MS Team, when there's a brief shot of an RX-79[G] with a Gundam Hammer. It's in the second to last episode, when the Apsaras III is attacking the Kojima Battalion mecha.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Wingnut

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:Not sure if it's the sort of thing you're looking for or not, but the only thing that immediately comes to mind for me is in 08th MS Team, when there's a brief shot of an RX-79[G] with a Gundam Hammer. It's in the second to last episode, when the Apsaras III is attacking the Kojima Battalion mecha.
IIRC, the only good shot of that is of the Gundam getting blasted. Though this instance of the [G] using the hammer was enough to have it carry over into SDGO as an independent unit, and possibly other Gundam games as well.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Gelgoog Jager

Here are several seen in some animated format:

-MS-06D (ZZ ver) with a Gelgoog's beam rifle (ZZ)
-MS-06F/MS-06J with Magella top gun, which is well known, but rather uncommon in the animation (MSG)
-MS-06F2 with Zaku machine gun loaded with a small anti-air magazine replacing the standard ammo drum.
-MS-06J White Ogre custom with spare Zaku bazooka rounds (MS Igloo 2)
-MS-06JC with Magella top gun
(08th series & 08th short film)
-MS-06JC with a Zaku bazooka with an external magazine. IIRC the lone unit using this weapon is only seen briefly during ep 2 at night, which makes very difficult to find a good pic of it.
-MS-07B (MS-07A?) with heat hawk (MSG)
-MS-07B (MS-07A?) with 120mm machine gun (MSG)
-MS-07B (MS-07C?) with finger machine guns on both hands, on top of a Dodai YS (MSG)
-MS-07B with giant bazooka landing on Jaburo (Gihren's Greed)
-MS-09R with beam bazooka (0081 OVA & Encounters In Space PS2 game cutscene)
-MS-14A Gato Custom, depending on which you consider the unusual weapon for it: it's depicted with a prototype beam rifle during the 0083 OVA prologue, and with a standard beam rifle during the second OP.
-MS-14C with anti-beam coating zulu shield (0081 OVA)
-MS-14A (or MS-14G or MS-14S) using a MS-09G's 380mm giant bazooka (ZZ)
-MS-14F with Gelgoog beam rifle (Gundam Evolve)
-MS-14F with a MS-09R2's giant bazooka kai (Gundam Evolve)
-YMS-15 with Gelgoog's beam rifle (GBF - though not canon, the beam bayonet of the YMS-15E do seems to indicate that the Gyan can use ranged beam weapons)
-AMX-009 with a Bawoo's beam rifle (ZZ)
-AMX-011 with a Geymalk's beam saber (ZZ)
-AMX-102 with a Bawoo's beam rifle (ZZ)
-AMX-102 with a shotgun (UC)
-AMS-129 Angelo custom with a stockless MMP-80 (UC)
-AMS-129 Angelo custom with a Sazabi's shotrifle (UC)

I can also think of several more from gunpla, games and manga, if you are interested.
Wingnut

Gelgoog Jager wrote:-MS-14A Gato Custom, depending on which you consider the unusual weapon for it: it's depicted with a prototype beam rifle during the 0083 OVA prologue, and with a standard beam rifle during the second OP.
OVA prologue? As in the flashback to A bou a qu before the episode 1 title card? If so, then that isn't a thing as it is shown carrying the regular beam rifle and a normal beam saber.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Gelgoog Jager

You're right, it seems I didn't recall that one correctly. Though we at least ran into another oddity, a MS-14A with a standard beam saber.

I also recalled a few more:

-MS-06F with beam bazooka (Gundam Evolve)
-MS-14A (damaged) with a giant bazooka (MSGZ)
-AMX-011 with a R-Jarja's beam rifle (GBFT). Technically the HGUC kit already showed it with that weapon, but it hadn't been depicted with it in animated format before.
-AMS-129 Gilboa custom with beam gatling gun
-AMS-129 Cuaron custom with sniper beam rifle
Xenosynth

Also, Angelo's Zulu is not using the Sazabi's shot rifle. Angelo's is a much longer rifle that also has a sniper mode (At least in the PS3 game) and adjustable handle, as well as different power cable on top and different barrels. Angelo's shot rifle also uses a feed not quite unlike the cable/cartridges (?) of the Lange Bruno Gun Kai from his Heavy Weapons Geara Zulu.

Sazabi's rifle on the left vs Angelo's on the right.

Second comparison.
Gelgoog Jager

Very interesting info on the beam shot rifles. In fact I believe the beam gatling from U.C. 0096 is likewise derived from the one seen in Quess' MSN-03 in U.C. 0093. The later weapon has recently popped out as the standard weapon of the AMX-011G on U.C. 0091, so by now we can basically trace back that weapon to Haman's Neo Zeon.

By the way, I omitted a very important case: the RX-0 with beam gatling guns. These weapons were supposedly designed by Neo Zeon for the NZ-666, although they can also be used by other units such as the AMS-129. The RX-0 got the first one from Palau and later got two more from the Garencieres. Also, the model kits suggests that the MSN-06S can also equip them on its shield in the same way as the RX-0, replacing its beam axes:

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m102b/m102b_p.htm

Essentially this would be a heaily firepower configuration for the Sinanju:

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m102b/p/m102b_48.jpg