RX-78-2 ver Evolve 15: Who designed it?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Epic SA-X Guy

RX-78-2 ver Evolve 15: Who designed it?

You all remember the RX-78-2 Gundam redesign for Gundam Evolve 15 (if not here's the MAHQ profile on it)

What I want to know is, who designed the thing?

The panel lines, particularly around the legs, remind me of Gundam Exia, so I'm thinking maybe Kanetake Ebikawa designed it. But then the overall design has a strong SEED aesthetic and BEE-Craft + Okawara himself designed most of the SEED Gundams.

The official Evolve site yields no useful information, so I was wondering if anyone knew for sure who designed it?
PowerdGNFlag

Re: RX-78-2 ver Evolve 15: Who designed it?

Looking at the credits of the episode (which is in Roman script for a change) there is no explicit Mechanical Designer credit (aside from the nod to Okawara) and the closest I can find is "Art Design and Design Works by Tomoaki Okada" and "Design Works by TEAM 15 / KKC KTG MMK OSD"

Failing that, you have to go to the MS 3D Modelers, of which there are lots for this episode.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
MythSearcher

Re: RX-78-2 ver Evolve 15: Who designed it?

Epic SA-X Guy wrote:You all remember the RX-78-2 Gundam redesign for Gundam Evolve 15 (if not here's the MAHQ profile on it)

What I want to know is, who designed the thing?

The panel lines, particularly around the legs, remind me of Gundam Exia, so I'm thinking maybe Kanetake Ebikawa designed it. But then the overall design has a strong SEED aesthetic and BEE-Craft + Okawara himself designed most of the SEED Gundams.

The official Evolve site yields no useful information, so I was wondering if anyone knew for sure who designed it?
If you read the Evolve Material, you can see that it is more like a team effort.
http://www.gundamgallery.com/img-gundam ... -48540.htm
They did pick OSD's design at the end, but that design is also taking a lot from other team members.