The Geta

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ChaoticSheep1

The Geta

I notice that there isn't really alot of backstory that I can find about this SFS. If there is previous thread or something that has the relevant information I suppose someone can link me to it and I'll just delete this I suppose if that's the case.

But since the Geta has such small screen time in Zeta. I want to know more about this SFS. So if you have any knowledge about their development, who used them, why, please tell me. Thank you. :D
Gelgoog Jager

Re: The Geta

Did you mean the Spacejobber (space jabber?) Gator"?

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/z/gator.htm
ChaoticSheep1

Yes. Thank you very much. That's an interesting translation there. :D
Gelgoog Jager

I don't know much about, but it seems to have been used by the Titans during the Gryps conflict and by Neo Zeon during the 1st Neo Zeon War. I don't recall the instances where it appeared on Zeta Gundam, but I recall at least two appearances of its during ZZ:

-After the Gundam team returns to space after the Dublin colony drop, they head to La Vie En Rose to board the Nahel Argama (they had just left the heavily damaged Argama on Earth). We are shown a group of four RMS-119 Eye Zacks (with a gray color scheme similar to the one used by the units still used by the Sleeves 6 years later) using Gators spy on them and then head back to the Endra II in order to report the sighting of the Nahal Argama to Mashymere Cello.

-The second instance is when a group of old MS-06F units use Gators to pretend attacking a civilian transport ship carrying refugees, including a disguised Haman. They attached boxes with explosives which they can remotely detach and detonate to fake an attack on the ship and trick the Nahel Argama into picking the refugees. Anyway, the Zakus using the Gators initially prove to be a difficult target for the Gundam Mk II and Zeta Gundam, thanks to the Gators high mobility which allows them to perform hit and run tactics and eventually retreat. In the end they are defeated by the ZZ Gundam when the later tries to assist a second civilian ship that came under attack by the retreating Zakus.
ChaoticSheep1

This calls for another rewatch of Zeta :D .
Gelgoog Jager wrote:I don't know much about, but it seems to have been used by the Titans during the Gryps conflict and by Neo Zeon during the 1st Neo Zeon War. I don't recall the instances where it appeared on Zeta Gundam, but I recall at least two appearances of its during ZZ:

-After the Gundam team returns to space after the Dublin colony drop, they head to La Vie En Rose to board the Nahel Argama (they had just left the heavily damaged Argama on Earth). We are shown a group of four RMS-119 Eye Zacks (with a gray color scheme similar to the one used by the units still used by the Sleeves 6 years later) using Gators spy on them and then head back to the Endra II in order to report the sighting of the Nahal Argama to Mashymere Cello.

-The second instance is when a group of old MS-06F units use Gators to pretend attacking a civilian transport ship carrying refugees, including a disguised Haman. They attached boxes with explosives which they can remotely detach and detonate to fake an attack on the ship and trick the Nahel Argama into picking the refugees. Anyway, the Zakus using the Gators initially prove to be a difficult target for the Gundam Mk II and Zeta Gundam, thanks to the Gators high mobility which allows them to perform hit and run tactics and eventually retreat. In the end they are defeated by the ZZ Gundam when the later tries to assist a second civilian ship that came under attack by the retreating Zakus.

Thanks, I actually haven't seen ZZ. So maybe I should go do that eventually as well. But the artstyle
always seems to turn me off for some reason, the characters too and some of the Neo Zeon MS.

I remember the Titans using the Geta twice (its so similiar to the BJ!). Before the battle with Rosamia and the Gaplant and/or during the battle at Dakar (in the atmosphere). This scene in Z in which I can clearly remember a Titans officer on a Garuda asking a technician if they received the new SFS however I could be wrong. I also remember seeing a Zaku Recon flying a Geta on a page of the AOZ manga using
the SFS to keep up with a Titans MS being tested on the ground.

I can see why if the Geta even though it could be used in space and on a planet why the EF would use both the Base Jabber's instead. The Zeta version for its capacity of two MS and its mounted gun while the CCA version had its range and disposablility. While the Geta doesn't seem to be very noteworthy in comparison.

It doesn't seem like I can learn much more without actually going back to look at the series. so I guess I will have a actual reason to go re watch it aside from keeping Z in my mind for when I watch ZZ.

(Sorry if my formatting sucks I have been getting used to this)
Gelgoog Jager

I will have to treat her MSZG at some point to check more about the Gator. However I want to point out that it's disappearance after the 1st Neo Zeon War might not necessarily be an indication of low performance:

A) During (and before) the 1st Neo Zeon War, Axis/Neo Zeon ends up capturing many EF/Titans weapons (in some cases this came along defectors). Some of these include:

-MRX-010
-NRX-044
-ORX-013
-RMS-099B
-RMS-106
-RMS-108
-RMS-119
-RMS-192M
-Space Jabbers "Gator" for use on space
-Base Jabbers for use on Earth
-Garuda class ship "Melord"

I should point out that some of these seem that could have belonged to the Republic of Zeon before the EF surrendered Side 3 to Haman, namely:

-RMS-099B: most famously known for belonging to a corps that openly rejected Haman and her forces.
-RMS-106 and RMS-108: during the Gryps conflict it seems that the Titans have provided the Republic of Zeon with some MS.
-RMS-119 & RMS-192M: seem to have been captured from EF bases, though I could imagine some RMS-119 also having belonged to the Republic of Zeon.
-Considering that we see some MS-06F using them, I imagine that both the Zaku II units and the Gators belonged to the Republic of Zeon as well

B) Char's Neo Zeon (2nd Neo Zeon) seems to be mostly using new gear, including ships and MS, and the space jabbers are probably not different.

C) In U.C. 0096 the Sleeves seem to have inherited most of their weapons from Char's Neo Zeon. On the other hand, the forces on Earth are using much older gear. Besides using several OYW, the Zeon remnants use at least 1 Dodai YS, 1 Dodai II and several Base Jabbers.
ChaoticSheep1

Gelgoog Jager wrote:I will have to treat her MSZG at some point to check more about the Gator. However I want to point out that it's disappearance after the 1st Neo Zeon War might not necessarily be an indication of low performance:
To Clarify. I was talking about its use in the EFSF but I could totally buy it being in use by Neo Zeon.
However what I meant didn't mean lack of performance it's just that both versions I feel do their jobs better in their retrospective fields in the arsenal of the EF, but If my memories correct I could also buy backwater bases on Earth using them as well.

I swear that I've seen it being used in the atmosphere in Zeta as it does have wings.

Somewhat Related:

Base Jabber's do have room for two MS on them right? (the Zeta version) I remember them being able to have two MS side by side. Unless its a Heavy Type MS (That's what I call Dreissen's, Zaku III's etc).
It's very confusing since to me they always seem to change size between series as well.
Gelgoog Jager

I really can comment on whether the Gator can be used on Earth as well, but I'm inclined to think it can't since it would imply giving the capabilities for both jobs (in turn making it more expensive) to a support machine that in many cases is simply considered disposable.

As for how many MS it can hold, in ZZ is carrying a single MS on both instances I mentioned earlier. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that at least twice we see Neo Zeon deploying teams consisting of a single Base Jabber carrying 2 Dreissens lying down on top of it, so assuming that they do are closely related, perhaps simply being Earth and space counterparts, Incould certainly imagine them having the same carrying capacity.