MSZ-006C1 ZETA plus C1 assignment ?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
MSZ-006C1

MSZ-006C1 ZETA plus C1 assignment ?

According Master Grade plastic model is EFSF, Gundam Standart(Toys)is Karaba, but from mahq told that is redesign by AEUG. so which force do you think Zplus C1 is main assign?
Kuruni

Re: MSZ-006C1 ZETA plus C1 assignment ?

Earth Federation, Task Force Alpha.
My girlfriend was a loli.
J-Lead

Just like the Zeta Plus A1, it kind of gets passed around, but it's most well known assignment was with Task Force Alpha of the EFSF, as Kuruni mentioned. Technically, Task Force Alpha had veterans from AEUG and Karaba, many of whom were former EFSF personell to begin with before the Gryps Conflict, so trying to pin down a solid deployment faction just becomes a case of dumb semantics, especially when it likely saw deployment in all EFSF-related factions to some degree.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
MythSearcher

MSZ-006C1 wrote:According Master Grade plastic model is EFSF, Gundam Standart(Toys)is Karaba, but from mahq told that is redesign by AEUG. so which force do you think Zplus C1 is main assign?

The Sentinel additional material made it quite clear that the A1 and its variants are developed for Karaba, while EFF thinks that the Z Plus is a good MS, they didn't want to use Karaba's model(due to Karaba was anti EF AND simply they can pay more $$$ and has the elitist complex thingy going on)
So AE developed the C1 and its variants for EFF, then the D for both, and further developed the R.
Did Karaba used the C1 at all is not really a problem, since we know that it is developed for EFF and EFF wouldn't really like the Karaba using their own variant, also, Karaba is an Earth based faction, and the C1 is a space based MS, so they don't really have a lot of places they can really use the C1.
toysdream

Not sure what "additional material" you're referring to - this doesn't sound familiar to me.

Most of the early Sentinel material is vague about who the C1 type was developed for. But according to the "Around the Zeta Plus World" feature in the January 1989 issue of Model Graphix:
Having noted the outstanding achievements of the Zeta Plus, the AEUG, as part of its expansion of influence after seizing control of the Federation, decided to adopt a space version of the Zeta Plus.
-- Mark
MythSearcher

toysdream wrote:Not sure what "additional material" you're referring to - this doesn't sound familiar to me.

Most of the early Sentinel material is vague about who the C1 type was developed for. But according to the "Around the Zeta Plus World" feature in the January 1989 issue of Model Graphix:
Having noted the outstanding achievements of the Zeta Plus, the AEUG, as part of its expansion of influence after seizing control of the Federation, decided to adopt a space version of the Zeta Plus.
-- Mark
I mean the special edition Gundam Wars III. Since they are not really part of the story, I refer to them as additional material.

What I refer to the EFF ordering the C-type is from P.158, where it is talking about the D type.

But you are right, they made it quite clear that Karaba used the A type, but never really specific on who ordered the development of the C type.
toysdream

Ah, gotcha. Here's the relevant bit from that Zeta Plus D writeup...
After the AEUG seized political power, the Federation Forces began to adopt the Zeta Plus developed by Karaba in small numbers. The C Type was developed, with exo-atmospheric equipment because it was for use in outer space, and the accompanying improvements led the Zeta Plus to become a more refined TMS. Also, at the same time, the Federation Forces purchased A types from Anaheim Electronics as an atmospheric version, and even more improvements continued. An improved machine with the power of the C type, and the unusual maneuverability of the A type--this was the requirement given to Anaheim Electronics by the Federation Forces.
The rest of the blurb is mostly technical info about the D Type. Anyway, on the face of it, this seems to contradict the "Around the Zeta Plus World" column saying that the C type was developed for the AEUG. Then again, the Sentinel material tends to talk about the situation in terms of the AEUG taking control of the government (and the Federation Forces), so it doesn't really draw a distinction between AEUG and Federation - unlike ZZ, where they're clearly distinguished in the dialogue.

-- Mark
JEFFPIATT

based on that info the A type that Karaba had AE develop was the air force model and the EFAF ended up ordering some additional units in addition to the units that eventually were acquired after the splinter factions merged back in. the C type was ordered by the AEUG as an space use version of the z plus being an improved mp zeta but by the time the units were ready for delivery the AEUG was merging back with the EFSF so some may have went to still separate AEUG ships but the bulk ended up under EFSF control used in irregular units.