multiple chest flyer and leg flyer for impulse but 1 core?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
MythSearcher

Re: multiple chest flyer and leg flyer for impulse but 1 cor

E08 wrote: The part about Destiny Impulse R not designed to operate alone maybe a reference to the fact that it has a partner, the DI Adga. Besides, in the story we only see them when they are already launched and in action or before their launch.
That was when Rou would have no idea about the partner system, so that phrase will not be possible reference of that.

BTW, edited above passage, sorry for loading a wrong draft.
E08

I take it that you are talking about chapter 9? Could you point out the relevant part in that chapter?
MythSearcher

E08 wrote:I take it that you are talking about chapter 9? Could you point out the relevant part in that chapter?
Last part of chapter 9 paragraph 5.
"The different Silhouette equipment of Impulse Gundam should require special transport crafts to carry, but this thing seemed to be able to operate independently."
E08

I suspect as much. My interpretation of that line is that it is just comparing the Impulse's silhouette pack needing the silhouette flyer (the special transport craft) vs Destiny Impulse R's destiny R silhouette moving on its own (that is not needing the silhouette flyer). in short , it is comparing an object incapable of moving on its own (the impulse silhouette pack) vs an object able to move on its own (Destiny R silhouette). I don't think the sentence meant that Destiny Impulse can move around without any support/mother ship.
MythSearcher

E08 wrote:I suspect as much. My interpretation of that line is that it is just comparing the Impulse's silhouette pack needing the silhouette flyer (the special transport craft) vs Destiny Impulse R's destiny R silhouette moving on its own (that is not needing the silhouette flyer). in short , it is comparing an object incapable of moving on its own (the impulse silhouette pack) vs an object able to move on its own (Destiny R silhouette). I don't think the sentence meant that Destiny Impulse can move around without any support/mother ship.
Err.. The pack has everything it needed to move independently, thrusters and such, and it does when combining. The Silhouette Flyer seemed to be actually having less propellant and thrusters on it.

And it is pretty common to see the Astray series having no support ships for their MS.
E08

I did not write my thoughts properly...Anyway, the Impulse's pack does have thrusters and such, but that does not change the fact that silhouette flyer is designed to serve as its transporter. Besides if the story wants to depict Destiny Impulse R not needing support ship why have Lowe comparing Destiny R silhouette with the other Silhouette packs, and making people think of silhouette flyer?

As for not showing the support ships, like i say earlier, the writer(s) may have decide to omit them because they are not important. Its like not we always see how characters travel from one location to another. Similar logic at work i say.
domino

Agree with E08 plus there's the fact that the Dragoon flyer is the upgrade to the Silhouette flyer. I think all the Silhouette flyer is programmed to do is transport the Silhouette packs to the impulse Gundam.

Pretty sure that just because Astray didn't show the support craft that doesn't mean there wasn't any at all.