Original MS-14F & MS-14Fs specs?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
LtFrankie

Original MS-14F & MS-14Fs specs?

What was the G rating and other specs of the Gelgoog Marine & Gelgoog Marine Commander Type? Surely it had better thrust if it was meant to be faster than the Gelgoog High Mobility Type? I know the Rick Dom IIs Delaz uses have less G rating than their original specs because of supply issues, so it would be fair to say the same could apply to the Cima Fleet Gelgoogs.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Re: Original MS-14F & MS-14Fs specs?

LtFrankie wrote:What was the G rating and other specs of the Gelgoog Marine & Gelgoog Marine Commander Type? Surely it had better thrust if it was meant to be faster than the Gelgoog High Mobility Type? I know the Rick Dom IIs Delaz uses have less G rating than their original specs because of supply issues, so it would be fair to say the same could apply to the Cima Fleet Gelgoogs.
Actually, it's quite possible that the specs haven't really fallen for the Cima Fleet given their role in working secretly for the Earth Federation against the Delaz Fleet, so they could probably have been supplied and assisted with maintenance by the Federation or at least others like Anaheim Electronics with payment she gets from the Federation.

I don't recall it specifically being said, officially anyway, that the Gelgoog Marine and/or Commander Type were outright better than the High Mobility Type (unofficially, I remember the Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space PS2 game's profile for the Marine Commander Type saying it was in-between the High Mobility Type and the Jager in performance). Based on available specs I can find, the Marine Commander Type surpasses the High Mobility Type, but only slightly (at least in terms of thrust and acceleration), and it comes at the price of being too costly for widespread mass production compared to the standard Marine Type, much less the High Mobility Type.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
toysdream

I think the difference in specs between the 0080 and 0083 versions of the Rick Dom II may be a matter of how the thruster specs are tallied - there's nothing in the Japanese sources to suggest that their performance is actually different.

As for the Gelgoog Marine, since Cima's unit is so similar to the Jaeger in many respects (almost identical weight and generator output, head vulcans, chest details, etc), I suspect its total thrust would be pretty similar too.

-- Mark
MythSearcher

I'd support the supply issue thing. They worked with EFSF, but that doesn't mean that EFSF provided parts for them. They might pretend to not see them pillage/plunder/pirate(is the last word even a verb?) parts from AE ships, and might order a little bit of unusual parts, but the deal between them did not mention anything about keeping the Cima Fleet with good supplies. That might be even a good disguise, if Cima got no supply issue but Delaz, with more back up and a large base has, Delaz might become suspicious.
toysdream

I don't think the notion that the 0083 version of the Rick Dom II has different performance is mentioned in any Japanese sources, let alone that this is due to supply issues. I really think it's just a paper difference in how the thruster specs are listed.

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

Speaking of the MS-14F, I have been thinking if rather than considering it marines' exclusive version of the Gelgoog, if it might have been meant as a standarized Gelgoog?

The original Gelgoog was built with modularity in mind, but this likely came with drawbacks involving logistics and ease of operation. Considering Zeon's situation by the end of the war I think that maybe the MS-14F might have been intended to become a successor to the MS-06F by being a standard model which could be more easily mass produced and also a machine that rookies could learn to operate easier and faster.

If we consider characteristics such as the additional propellant tanks, the bulkier armor, fixed subweapons and the use of beam sabers, while we can relate this to what the marine corps could use, these also make sense for rookie pilots, which are said to run faster through their propellant, and whom might not be skilled enough to make good used of beam rifles and beam naginata's, and might would probably have an easier time using more simple weapons such as machine guns and beam sabers.

Two more cases I want to point out are the MS-14 from MS Igloo and the MS-14C-1A from MSV-R. The former replaces the standard MS-14A in MS Igloo, and the later seems to be simply and option for any Gelgoog (probably derived from the MS-06R-1A, denoting an improvement on the fuel department) which seems to include a smaller backpack (compared to a MS-14B's and which seems to lack the generator from a MS-14C's) and the external fuel tanks on the legs.

I think the MS-14F may be the result of a standarized unit which applies such ideas.

Back to the topic at hand, perhaps we could assume that the MS-14A and MS-14F are supposed to have similar performance, and that the backpack of the MS-14F merely supplements the thrust of the MS-14F in order to keep it as fast as a MS-14A, despite the additional armor, weapons and propellant tanks.
Wingnut

That's possible, Jager. It's also plausible that the Marine could use a beam rifle just as well as any other Gelgoog and once its pilot had gotten enough experience to effectively make use of one they could simply pick one of those off the rack instead of a MMP-80 when they sortie.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Gelgoog Jager

In Gundam Evolve ep 4 we do see some MS-14F units equipped with beam rifles and and the bazooka from the MS-09R2. Also, we see a regular MS-14F with a commander antenna. I also think it's entirely possible for these units to use either the standard Zulu shield or one like MS-14Fs'.

The odd thing so that in the 0083 OVAs all MS-14F are equipped with MMP-80 and knuckle shields, which does give the impression that at least Cima's forces are lacking supplies.