The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IddxplDVGw8

The mecha designers are:

-Naohiro Washio
-Kanetake Ebikawa
-Kenji Teraoka
-Ippei Gyobu
-Tamotsu Shinohara

Lineart: http://g-tekketsu.com/img/ms.png

Barbatos is by Washio, while Graze seems to be Ebikawa. Teraoka did the yellow CGC tank.

Barbatos can upgrade itself with weapons and armor from fallen enemy MS and will evolve during the show

Other Gundam MS mentioned: Gundam Gusion and Gundam Kimaris all demon names like Barbatos

Gunpla spoilers:

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 0kkq5f.jpg

-Blue custom Graze
-2 Gundams
-Another Graze variant
-2 arm attachments for Barbatos
-a fat short MS and another MS

Official Profiles:

Barbatos: MS used in the war 300 years ago that was being used as a power reactor for CGC. Since its armor is degraded it cannot show its true performance. One weapon is called 長距離砲(Long Distance Cannon)

Graze: state of the art MS built by the Gjallarhorn organization that monitors the world. Has an extensive option list for equipment and can thus adjust to the battlefield as needed. Weapons are called Rifle and Battle Axe
Last edited by balofo on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
RyuseiDateSRX

Re: The Official MS Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mk I

Gundam Barbatos really does look like a Washio design. Loving its look!
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Really loving the mecha design: only solid ammo ranged weapons and varied melee weapons

Could this be the first Gundam series without beam weapons?
latenlazy

Beam weapons will probably come later.
Gundam0089

I like the premise and mecha designs. Looking good so far.
SonicSP

balofo, where did you get the official mecha profiles? I'm trying to look for them at the main website but can't seem to find them. Were they from somewhere else?
balofo

SonicSP wrote:balofo, where did you get the official mecha profiles? I'm trying to look for them at the main website but can't seem to find them. Were they from somewhere else?
http://www.gundam.info/topic/13482
Gundam0089

Where is the second Gundam people seeing? I only see Barbados.
Mark-II

I think some are being confused with the different Barbatos configurations on display. Of the 1:144 models on display, there's with the round shoulder armor and a sword, one without any shoulder armor at all and a mace/spear weapon, and another with angular grey shoulder armor and some sort of shield weapon which is either deployable or they have two kinds of shields. Some of these models are posed side by side, which may lead to the confusion - but there only seems to be on Barbatos. That collection of grey pre-production gunpla has no Gundams that I can see.

Methinks Barbatos is found, or otherwise first deployed without all its armor and as the show goes along they will first improvise some additional plates and eventually find the final configuration. That, or they start off with the round shoulders and lose it to save weight for the big weapons, or perhaps an alternate armor is used in conjunction with that shield weapon. It'll be fun finding out - this customizability factor announced from the outset is a great feature (kinda like Exia, which makes sense considering the mecha designer).

Mark-II
balofo

Official English profiles with the largest images available:

http://i.gzn.jp/img/2015/07/15/gundam-g ... rbatos.png

Gundam Barbatos

One of several “Gundam” frames which fought in the CALAMITY WAR three centuries prior, this suit has long since been retired to use as a generator by CGS. During the raid by Gjallarhorn, the boys of CGS hastily press it back into service, piloted by Mikazuki. Long years of poor maintenance since the CALAMITY WAR have left it with weakened armor and unable to operate at its full potential.

http://i.gzn.jp/img/2015/07/15/gundam-g ... /graze.png

Graze

The newest mobile suit built by Gjallarhorn. Carries a range of loadouts depending on mission profile.
Gundam0089

The story of the Gundam itself is ripe for numerous upgrades. Which I'm all for. You can tell the Barbados as it is now is incomplete. We goes for all those other Gundams. Gonna be a series of mid season upgrades galore.
BrentD15

The Graze kinda looks lime something you'd see from Gundam00. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
hitokirigarou

Barbatos, for some reason, reminds me of the main mecha of Broken Blade.
SonicSP

I think this is a better shot of the Barbatos' long range cannon:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RXrzvCIYX0Q/V ... led-59.jpg

@Balafo Thanks.
BrentD15 wrote:The Graze kinda looks lime something you'd see from Gundam00. :)
Probably because it's likely designed by Kanakate Ebikawa (his name is in the credits), who designed Exia/00/Qan(T) plus some of the grunts there like the GN-X, GN-XIII and GN-XIV.

But to be honest, I think it looks more similar to the Adele and Clanches from AGE, which he also designed.

The Barbatos also looks like it was designed by Washio, who also designed the Gundam Thrones on 00.
Henyo

the Graze looks like a Kataphrakt. (could be used as a joke when Aldnoah arrives in SRW.)
the Barbatos meanwhile looks like a slim down GP02 there redesigned as a KMF. only thing missing are land spinners.

way off but i'm hoping Wakamoto Norio to get a character in this series.(BARBATOS GOETIA!!!!! BURAAA!!!!)
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Gundam0089

I just noticed we saw no mobile suit action in the trailer. All the action was centered on those weird little tanks.
Zeonista

What's in a name? Let's go to Wiki!

Barbatos is from the Lesser Key of Solomon, and a couple of other demonology-related works. His name means "philosopher" as inferred from the meaning of a bearded (i.e. elderly) man. He can speak to animals, foretell the future, lead friends and rulers to conciliation, and lead men to treasure through sorcery. Hmmm, plot bunnies galore, but how does that relate to the ability-stealing/eating power?

To graze something it to strike it lightly, a surface hit that does no damage. Kind of a harsh name for Gjallarhorn's MP MS eh? :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
SonicSP

I'll be honest, when I think of the name Graze, I instantly think of donuts. Yes, even if they used an R.

Man I miss QwikTrip's donuts back when I was a student.
Deathzealot

Gundam0089 wrote:I just noticed we saw no mobile suit action in the trailer. All the action was centered on those weird little tanks.
Mobile Tanks???
SonicSP

By the way, do we know the official romanization of the Graze/Glaze yet? The only one I was able to find was the Gundam.Info Official English annoucement (where they used Graze). All other writings I've seen of it are in katakana.