What's the deal with the Zudah F?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
jtrainor

What's the deal with the Zudah F?

Supposedly it's a Zudah upgraded and enhanced with Gyan parts and a new limiter for the Saturn engine, but there seems to be no other (english) info about it. Anyone know what the deal with this thing is and how many were made?
Deacon Blues

Re: What's the deal with the Zudah F?

The unit appears in the Blazing Shadow novel.

Zeon remnants calling themselves Falaq modified the Zudah, which was developed by Zimmad. The limited was reinforced and it utilized parts from the Gyan. It was given the name "black snake" (kurohebi) due to the snakeskin pattern camouflage it has.

Sadly, there isn't really any other info on the unit aside from details in the novel (which are scarce). There is no indication of production numbers either.
Kuruni

So, basically someone finally wise enough to realize that Zudah can be a practical machine just by make sure the pilot won't drive it too fast.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Gelgoog Jager

I wonder if all 3 surviving Zudahs might have undergone such upgrade?

The existence of the 2 Gyan Eos from MSV-R, as well as the development of the Galbaldy series do seems to point toward there being several Gyan components around, besides what was initially available for the first 3 Gyan units.
Deacon Blues

There were more than three Zudah units produced. I don't know where the idea that only three were produced came from...

Plus, I wouldn't place much weight on what MSV-R says about there being so "few" units produced. I'm willing to bet there were more than 2 of those Gyan Eos running around. I know the Jurick popped up in a couple productions and that said so few were produced too.
Gelgoog Jager

Actually I just realized I had my numbers wrong: I was thinking that there were 4 Zudah's and only 3 survived the war, but actually 2 were destroyed in the same episode they were introduced.

My confusion came from the final episode, where the two surviving Zudah's are first deployed as part of the Jotunheim defenses, but later Monique pilots one to help Oliver. I guess one of the came back and Monique took it at that point.

Personally I'm all in for having more Zudahs (would love to see one in action on Earth!), but I had the impression that the 4 test units aboard the Jotunheim were the only ones completed at that point. I thought no more units would be produced after the truth about the Zudah was revealed by the EF, specially considering that at such point Zeon's factories would probably be occupied with mass producing the Dom series.